Annie Clark of St Vincent designs her own sig guitar

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister

Post by westtexasred »

It looks like BØRNS' guitar

[youtube][/youtube]
Johnny Alien

Post by Johnny Alien »

I really like the MM headstock and think it works well on this guitar. I want one. But I am going to pick up a stingray guitar first.
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

New vid:

[youtube][/youtube]
71Smallbox

Post by 71Smallbox »

benecol wrote:New vid:

[youtube][/youtube]
Why the hell can't they show her play some actual riffs through that setup in the clip? Fuck's sake, she's plugged in, on video and holding the guitar. Sell the damn thing.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Cool video. But, you should go have a massive argument with her about what the hell she means by mini-humbuckers.
George

Post by George »

71Smallbox wrote:
benecol wrote:New vid:

[youtube][/youtube]
Why the hell can't they show her play some actual riffs through that setup in the clip? Fuck's sake, she's plugged in, on video and holding the guitar. Sell the damn thing.
im sure it'll handle teen spirit *scoff*
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

Bacchus wrote:Cool video. But, you should go have a massive argument with her about what the hell she means by mini-humbuckers.
*sends request to mods that they sticky my thread "Simpletons: check in here for an explanation of why manufacturers can't use product names of rival manufacturers to describe pickups. But that doesn't change what they are"*

And stop saying "haitch", ya prick.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Umbuckers? Hhonestly?
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

Has sure has heggs his heggs.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Arumph.
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

I played one yesterday at Sam Ash music store in Hollywood. The guitar is seriously lightweight... Significantly lighter than a Jaguar. The neck profile is thickish, but it's not a baseball bat. Comfortable on the whole, even with the Strat scale and 10" radius. The pickups were high quality but didn't have too much character IMO. Very nice cleans and seemed to be mid-high output... I played it through a '68 DRRI, which started to break up at around 3 on the volume dial when I dug in.

A nice guitar on the whole, but it didn't blow me away. It was missing that je ne sais quoi. I think it's significantly overpriced for what it is. A Gibson SG Standard would be a better choice if you're in the market for something similar.

Tried to make a video demo for you lot, but too much "wheedly wheedly" in the background. Saturday afternoon at the guitar shop ((rawk))
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

Got to handle one of these at GC today. lite as hell. Loved the blue color. Don't like how the neck joins the body as it limits access to the upper frets, it's like trying to reach the last frets on an acoustic. have to do the reach around crab-hand. I'd still rock it though. Beautiful shape. Reminds me of something that Raymond H. Dietrich would have designed. It's got that 1950's futuristic rocket-ship finned car look. If it was priced around $800.00 I'd have bought one today.
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

speedfish wrote: have to do the reach around crab-hand
Well, we've all been there
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Many's a time I'd have been grateful for the opportunity.
Last edited by Bacchus on Tue May 17, 2016 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

DOPPELPOST
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

I poasted this in the NAMM pedal thread but it's probably better off here:

Music Man are bringing out a Sterling version of the St Vincent signature guitar:

In addition to Music Man’s announcement of 4 new colours for their revolutionary St. Vincent series of guitars, sister company Sterling by Music Man have announced the introduction of their own Sterling St. Vincent.

Information on the release is limited at the moment, but this is undeniably excellent news for the loads of guitar players who love the idea of the St. Vincent signature model, but not the price point.

The Sterling St. Vincent promises the offer of an affordable alternative. Some features have been altered; the solid rosewood neck is replaced with a rosewood board and maple neck, the bridge and trem system looks to be slightly different, and the new model will be available in St. Vincent blue and black; both colours originally available on the first 2016 incarnation of the Music Man St. Vincent.

What is clear is that this guitar will be available before the end of January, and is likely to blow an awful lot of people’s socks off!
Info from GAK
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

I LIKE THE FUCKIN KNOBS

THATS ABOUT IT

DIDN'T AUG ALREADY BUILD THIS ?
dots wrote:incesticide
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

i just noticed that the bridge pickup has the fuckin screw routes exposed because the pickguard doesn't come back far enough.

BUT ITS REVOLUTIONARY.
dots wrote:incesticide
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

I like that a lot.
www.lowrisemusic.com

uugh, another Manchester alt/indie band
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

The only Sterling I've ever played was properly good guitar.