fake relic'd copy of that guitar of that guy

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

othomas2

Post by othomas2 »

I like the headstock !!! pretty cool guitar, although quite a lot of stolen ideas there.
kim wrote:earlier today i scanned the kurdtz booklet, and put the link in the first post, if anyone is interested in seeing the pictures and fender propagandi in the booklet, download the pdf, it's about 20mb, 32pages. :)
Thanks a lot... some more bedtime reading :)

I received another kurtz Jag at work today, played better than the first one we got.... I was so tempted to open the book that is sealed but held back and I'm glad I did now, much appreciated !!!
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

avj wrote:Awesome demos, Kim! Is that a 4x10 bass cab with the Rocker 30?

EDIT: Crap, I missed the obvious text at the beginning of the video. The cab sounds awesome, and I just received an AD30 today and had a bit of play time at lunch to run home and try it with an Acoustic 4x10 bass cab. It was also great.

i've come to love a guitar head with bass cab more with a humbuckered guitar again. haven't had a proper hb guitar in hmm..7 years ? seems to push it more.
i like the idea of 10"'s pushing more/ and having more mids. the rocker 30's el34 (there i go again now i've realized i like 'the british' sound ??? ..more mids ? again ? pfha) well i'm happy i got it when it was still made and i'm still 100% statisfied with it, i've said before the 410 ampeg bass cab was 'out of necessity' in the beginning (i sold lots of my gear when i got dumped by a band but held on to the cab for guitar use since i couldn't afford a guitar cab at the time) and perhaps i've gotten used to it, or perhaps i really do like that combination. i was happy with it putting my mustang or hondo II through it, but now i feel like getting closer to the sound i have in my head especially on the dirt and fuzz, it sounds massive for 'only that'.

ad30 as far as i remember playing through one, more shaping options, and closer to classic orange tones, the rocker is kind of (was..kind of) an odd one in that line with the tube choice, clean channel with only a volume knob. i find now i use the clean channel for cleans and only cleans (you can't push it much on this one, but i have mike's mini saltboost rescue and works, even better with hums, more harmonics and shit happening i find) and the dirt together with dirt pedals for dirt on top of dirt, find that it works better than a fuzz on the clean channel personally.

maybe i'm not such a single coils person i don't know, i find the bridge pickup in the jag gives me enough definition and twang. but it's so fucking bassy still. just damping the strings it is kind of exciting... whooom.
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

othomas2 wrote:I like the headstock !!! pretty cool guitar, although quite a lot of stolen ideas there.
kim wrote:earlier today i scanned the kurdtz booklet, and put the link in the first post, if anyone is interested in seeing the pictures and fender propagandi in the booklet, download the pdf, it's about 20mb, 32pages. :)
Thanks a lot... some more bedtime reading :)

I received another kurtz Jag at work today, played better than the first one we got.... I was so tempted to open the book that is sealed but held back and I'm glad I did now, much appreciated !!!

i frowned a bit looking through it, frowned more reading it, but some parts have nice anecdotes, i have this book i got back in 2003/4or so from my mum that is teh kurdtz diaries and there's some stuff in there about that old lefty mustang he had, i like reading anecdotes like that, or him talking about the beat happening and calvin, tobi vail or saint vitus and it's so funny how everything is so connected. i made them for hurb but figured they'd be good to have linked in this thread too. 8)
avj
A Select Individual

Post by avj »

kim wrote:
avj wrote:Awesome demos, Kim! Is that a 4x10 bass cab with the Rocker 30?

EDIT: Crap, I missed the obvious text at the beginning of the video. The cab sounds awesome, and I just received an AD30 today and had a bit of play time at lunch to run home and try it with an Acoustic 4x10 bass cab. It was also great.

i've come to love a guitar head with bass cab more with a humbuckered guitar again. haven't had a proper hb guitar in hmm..7 years ? seems to push it more.
i like the idea of 10"'s pushing more/ and having more mids. the rocker 30's el34 (there i go again now i've realized i like 'the british' sound ??? ..more mids ? again ? pfha) well i'm happy i got it when it was still made and i'm still 100% statisfied with it, i've said before the 410 ampeg bass cab was 'out of necessity' in the beginning (i sold lots of my gear when i got dumped by a band but held on to the cab for guitar use since i couldn't afford a guitar cab at the time) and perhaps i've gotten used to it, or perhaps i really do like that combination. i was happy with it putting my mustang or hondo II through it, but now i feel like getting closer to the sound i have in my head especially on the dirt and fuzz, it sounds massive for 'only that'.

ad30 as far as i remember playing through one, more shaping options, and closer to classic orange tones, the rocker is kind of (was..kind of) an odd one in that line with the tube choice, clean channel with only a volume knob. i find now i use the clean channel for cleans and only cleans (you can't push it much on this one, but i have mike's mini saltboost rescue and works, even better with hums, more harmonics and shit happening i find) and the dirt together with dirt pedals for dirt on top of dirt, find that it works better than a fuzz on the clean channel personally.

maybe i'm not such a single coils person i don't know, i find the bridge pickup in the jag gives me enough definition and twang. but it's so fucking bassy still. just damping the strings it is kind of exciting... whooom.
That guitar sounds great in your setup. I used my 4x10 bass cab out of necessity at first too, as I play guitar and Moog synth in my current band. The PA at our rehearsal space took a crap and I needed something to run the Moog into without blowing it up, so I bought the cab to use with my Vibrosonic Reverb (a combo) and just unplugged the onboard speaker and plugged into the cab. This of course meant lugging around two giant, heavy pieces of equipment and the extra weight of half of a combo amp I wasn't even using. I didn't really care for the sound of the guitar with that setup, but the Moog was heavenly so I dealt with it. I ended up getting a Behringer 15" full-range powered PA speaker for the Moog and ditching the 4x10, but that's all I have in the way of a cab right now and it sounds much better with the Orange. I am excited to hear it with the band.

Oh, and super thanks for scanning that booklet! I just finished reading it. Nothing really shocking for most of us I'm sure, but definitely the perfect bit of material to include with the guitar. This guitar is one of the reasons I actually wanted to start playing guitar, courtesy of its appearances in Live! Tonight! Sold Out!! For the first time ever, I wish I played left-handed so I could justify the purchase immediately, as these Cobain guitars are an amazing opportunity for you guys.