roachello's pedal project -Pic Heavy

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Sublimedo

roachello's pedal project -Pic Heavy

Post by Sublimedo »

sometimes i feel my girlfriend has more of a right to be here than I. shes here under the name "roachello" but never posted her own work but i thought i'd share. Anyway, for her next project she's creating an enclosure for a tremolo. It seems like we're going to use a PCB from BYOC, which has two controls on it. Thus, here are some of her designs

Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

That's pretty damn cool! Kinda Danelectro stylee, but more minimal.
Tweez

Post by Tweez »

That's pretty damn cool, how is she going to make it? With an injection moulder or a vacuum former?
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

Very Roger Mayer actually/
euan
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

that's what i thot of first too, the mayer fuzz pedals

spacey design, nice
Sublimedo

Post by Sublimedo »

an injection molder is going to be used. shes currently making a huge manual on all the specs. its pretty hardcore
More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

Caddy Pedals?
arcadedave

Post by arcadedave »

Those look awesome. They need a kind of cheesy 50's Space-type name. Astro-Step or somesuch.
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

the jetsons
Pens
less dickface

Post by Pens »

Hmmm, aesthetically it is very nice, but she might want to move the stomper a bit forward. It is crowding up on the knobs a bit too much. Otherwise that is a very cool design.
euan wrote: I'm running in monoscope right now. I can't read multiple dimensions of meta right now
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

PenPen wrote:but she might want to move the stomper a bit forward.
Yeah, I thought that too, it looks like the "fins" might get a bit in the way when stomping the footswitch down.
Tweez

Post by Tweez »

Doog wrote:
PenPen wrote:but she might want to move the stomper a bit forward.
Yeah, I thought that too, it looks like the "fins" might get a bit in the way when stomping the footswitch down.
Mind you, if you look at the side elevation it looks fine.
Pens
less dickface

Post by Pens »

I'd still hit the front knob with my foot when stomping, and that would be bad.
euan wrote: I'm running in monoscope right now. I can't read multiple dimensions of meta right now
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

That's pretty derivative I have to say. Danelectro have been doing that for some time.
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

Move the switch further forward and the LED away from the front. Noone is going to be able to see that LED on a pedalboard.
euan
paul_

Post by paul_ »

i love the brakelight-inputs, such a great idea.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
roachello
Cunt Punt

Post by roachello »

I'm buying paint tomorrow. What do you guys think of a Daphne Blue color? I want something with a 50s feel but cherry red seems too cliche.

superfuzz

Post by superfuzz »

paint it surf green! srsly though, it wass aprently an oem 1957 chevy colour, and those fins look invisoned from a '57 chevy or a '57-'58 mopar product.
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Looks pretty sweet. I'd definitely put one of those on my pedal board, even if it was just for the occasional, "Hey, what the hell is that thing, it looks AWESOME". :)

Just a few things though:

- Like the other guys said, the knobs are probably too close to the stomper. Even on my Little Big Muff, I still manage to step on and move the damn knobs. Just slide them a little farther back so the fins protect them and you'll be all set.

- As far as mounting LED(s), you could put on on the top of each fin, or you could put one on the back of each fin (like tail lights). It's a tremolo pedal, it should be pretty obvious if it's on or not.
gaybear
Inventor of the Blues

Post by gaybear »

Sparky wrote:Looks pretty sweet. I'd definitely put one of those on my pedal board, even if it was just for the occasional, "Hey, what the hell is that thing, it looks AWESOME". :)

Just a few things though:

- Like the other guys said, the knobs are probably too close to the stomper. Even on my Little Big Muff, I still manage to step on and move the damn knobs. Just slide them a little farther back so the fins protect them and you'll be all set.

- As far as mounting LED(s), you could put on on the top of each fin, or you could put one on the back of each fin (like tail lights). It's a tremolo pedal, it should be pretty obvious if it's on or not.

the fins will keep you from stepping on the knobs.

i like daphne blue or even a pale yellow
plopswagon wrote: Drunk and disorderly conduct is the cradle of democracy.