SHAD-O-STANG 2007

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

I loved the last Lace Red I owned, yet I hate the JB with an all-consuming passion. I guess my ear is just different than every other guitarist on the planet.

And Tom, if you look just below the plate, you'll see a black wired soldered to the cavity shielding. Not only did I solder that wire to the pots, just like the original 1978 wiring (Aug you may be wrong), I did the Aug method with a bit of string as well. I'm very grounded.
bassintom

Post by bassintom »

I did not realize that wire was grounded to the pots.My mistake,the old fucking eyes needz trifocalz or summit.
YOU TRULY ARE A GROUNDED YOUNG MANGood job!
mezzio13
GOODmin

Post by mezzio13 »

I told you that Gold was awesome sounding, it really kicked some ass, especially since it metered so low. Good deal. A red is too strng to go with that, try a burgandy or summit.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

I don't know about that. The neck position usually needs to be less output as it is to match the bridge pickup. If the red is too hot for the gold, you could always lower it, or raise the neck pickup.