I got a Champion 600 at GC today.

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister

I got a Champion 600 at GC today.

Post by westtexasred »

I been wanting one of these for a long time(from before they reissued them).It's the perfect little bedroom amp.

robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

whats it sound like ?
dots wrote:incesticide
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

Cool. How much was it?
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

How many small amps does a man need?!

:D

Samplez?
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

I wouldn't hold your breath, I doubt he'll post again until he buys another guitar.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

:wink:
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Doog wrote:How many small amps does a man need?!

:D

Samplez?
I'm considering starting a collection, actually. I was completely blown away by the Epiphone Valve Junior, so I'm contemplating buyig a few small heads, including the Fender Champ, the wee Peavey yoke, and budget permitting, a Tiny Terror.

I have a 150 watt Marshall for gigging with, so it's not as if I need volume.
luke

Post by luke »

Mike wrote:I wouldn't hold your breath, I doubt he'll post again until he buys another guitar.
"Oh sorry guys, I sold it already, but I got ANOTHER Rickenbacker! Just for reference, he's a picture of the last 3426 Rickenbacker's I've had!"
westtexasred

Post by westtexasred »

Ahem...well ...anyway,Ive had a chance to play it in the bedroom now to test it against my other little amps and my impression is that it has a very sweet and warm sound playing through the low imput jack.It is not a loud amp,I can turn it up to 12 even in the high imput jack.The high imput jack adds more gain but not alot more.I played it mostly through the low imput jack because it gives me warmer clean sounds than my other amp but for really overdriven sounds at the low bedroom volumes I like my SS Tweed Bronco amp and or the really high gain stuff I like my little Marshall G-15CR.Ok that is my uninformed $0.01 worth(puts on flack jack and goes to My Ebay).
luke

Post by luke »

No hard feelings man, I'd love to be able to go through as many guitars as you do. Hope you enjoy the amp!
westtexasred

Post by westtexasred »

Hey thanks alot man!You know,it's just a fun hobby.By the way I also bought a Boss-Fender 65Deluxe Reverb pedal to use with this amp and I don't like it at all(my Tuna Melt trem sounds better)so I am going to take it back and maybe trade it for an Epi Valve Jr Combo just to try.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

westtexasred wrote:Hey thanks alot man!You know,it's just a fun hobby.By the way I also bought a Boss-Fender 65Deluxe Reverb pedal to use with this amp and I don't like it at all(my Tuna Melt trem sounds better)so I am going to take it back and maybe trade it for an Epi Valve Jr Combo just to try.
yeah, those fender boss pedals are crap. even the demo guy at NAMM didn't seem to notice how dreadfully OFF the sound they're each going for is, and he was A/B-ing one with a '65 deluxe reverb RI amp... it's typical digital modeling like you'd find on a solid-state practise amp these days, i guess.

i love that new champ dude, i've been really wanting one of those for my bedroom.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"