Lux Exterior

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

DGNR8

Lux Exterior

Post by DGNR8 »

You all must get tired of me buying the wrong guitars or screwing up the paint, etc. Maybe I forgot to poast that part. But for every project that turns out well, there is a long string of mishaps.

Yesterday I was trying to free up one of my paint sticks so I was unscrewing it from the Bronco body. In ther process I scratched the paint in two places. Fixing it meant that I sprayed too much in one spot. But I will straighten it out with teh clears. I was spraying KILZ primer because I ran out of Reranch and they are closed again. KILZ sprays like a horse dick and it drips into stalactites on the body. I waited an hour and tried to sand but it was still gummy. I ended up with canyons on my perfectly smooth bodies that I worked so hard on. This morning I sanded and sprayed again with much better luck. I like the sprayer on Behlens clear, but KILZ sucks rocks. I AM A HATER NOW.

Then I got on to my latest project--the last except for Dillon's former Jag. At first I wanted copper. Then I switched to sea foam. Then pink. But when I sprayed SS on it, I knew I had to show the wood. It is four freaking boards, but I just can't cover them. They are too pretty. Here it is with grain filler and SS on it. Once RR opens again I will be ordering something in the blonde family. To some it may be tired, but to me it's classic. It's going to look something a little like this.

Yell Like Hell
tremlock

Post by tremlock »

gonna be sweet dude
"Icey"its cames when i unleash new skills
minifox13

Post by minifox13 »

dude
thats going to be awesome
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

I changed my mind again. I am sick of waiting on Reranch. Shoreline gold and TV Yeller! Use what's handy. Gold Jag and TV Tele.

I would still like a TV Tele with TV Jones pups. But it may just have to be stock RI pups. Although if my Novaks are too powerful for the Coro they may go in this baby.
Yell Like Hell
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

it's gonna be soo nice.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

TV Yellow Tele will be great!