RME Fireface 800 or Mackie Onyx 1640 w/Firewire???

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

bob wrote:It's not a problem, that guy was just being a spacka. I dont think anyone has a problem with that forum, just that guys attitude.
It's definitely not a problem Altanon, you had nothing to do with it and were nothing be fair and helpful. Stick around!
Altanon

Post by Altanon »

Thanks. That, at least, is good news. My flatmate, (roommate, for the US reader,) just skipped-out owing the landlord over $2,000.00 and owing me almost $1,500.00 in back utilities.

Looks like the Mackie -- or anything else, for that matter -- is on hold indefinitely. F*ck!
Let's End the Stupidity,
Stop the Drug War Now!

Vintage Modern Forum
JVM410 Forum
More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

Altanon wrote:
Mike wrote:
More Cowbell wrote:Aren't you one of the mods on the Marshall Forum???
Altanon is a good guy. He was cool to me throughout the whole drama and I'm sure that place is going to be a great forum now that he's on board moderating along with some other guys.
Thanks Mike. Yeah, I guess I should have known it would be a problem, but it never occured to me.

I didn't come here to cause problems; I was just looking for good places to hang out online.

I know as a Moderator you can't delete members, but the Administrator can. If me being here isn't a good thing, maybe you could just have him delete me.

Thanks again Mike, and everyone who offered advice.
No dude, if we wanted you gone, we'd do it ourselves! :lol:

Anyway...I noticed your avatar on the Marshall Forum, and didn't know if it were you or if that pic was a pic of someone famous IRL. I Wasn't trying to toss a rock at the bee hive.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Altanon wrote:Thanks. That, at least, is good news. My flatmate, (roommate, for the US reader,) just skipped-out owing the landlord over $2,000.00 and owing me almost $1,500.00 in back utilities.

Looks like the Mackie -- or anything else, for that matter -- is on hold indefinitely. F*ck!
I feel for you, that's awful that you've been left to take the brunt of his financial inadequacies.

Is there no way you can take any action to recoup this money? I guess not - Bad Karma. Hopefully he won't get far before getting his comeuppence.
Altanon

Post by Altanon »

More Cowbell wrote: ...Anyway...I noticed your avatar on the Marshall Forum, and didn't know if it were you or if that pic was a pic of someone famous IRL. I Wasn't trying to toss a rock at the bee hive.
No problem. LOL, I wish the person in the pic was of someone famous! 'Fraid it's just me. Who knows, though?
See?
Let's End the Stupidity,
Stop the Drug War Now!

Vintage Modern Forum
JVM410 Forum
Altanon

Post by Altanon »

Mike wrote:I feel for you, that's awful that you've been left to take the brunt of his financial inadequacies.

Is there no way you can take any action to recoup this money? I guess not - Bad Karma. Hopefully he won't get far before getting his comeuppence.
Thanks Mike. It's my own fault. Another guy I'd known since High School did the same thing to me about three years ago. When the last guy lost his job, I should have given him the boot. But I've been in that situation a couple of times and that's exactly what they did to me; I wanted to help the guy out.

Oh well, you live and learn. It's a pity because the next guy might be good as gold, but I'll never give anybody else a chance to screw me again, so I'll never know.
Let's End the Stupidity,
Stop the Drug War Now!

Vintage Modern Forum
JVM410 Forum
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

At least you're philosophical about it. Kudos - most people would be smashing stuff up now.

hahha @ the pic.
Altanon

Help! I want out!

Post by Altanon »

Mike wrote:At least you're philosophical about it. Kudos - most people would be smashing stuff up now...
Well, anger in this situation is unproductive. Any hope I have, (however slim,) rides on maintaining civility and counting on his guilt to shame him into paying me.

As to smashing stuff up, well, I used to do that until I figured out it was always MY stuff that got destroyed. ('Twould be inconsiderate, not to mention possibly dangerous, to smash up someone else's stuff!)
Mike wrote:...hahha @ the pic.
Yeah, just a cr*ppy photo I had, so I thought I'd play around in Photoshop. Made the “sign� in Illustrator. I didn't take the time to really go into detail with it. (no point with the condition of the photo.)

Funny, but just so everyone knows, the sentiment is true!

I am actively looking to emigrate!
Let's End the Stupidity,
Stop the Drug War Now!

Vintage Modern Forum
JVM410 Forum
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Good luck with the emigrating and stuff, hopefully something will come along!
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

Altanon I'll happily swap citizenships with you. Somethings are sometimes worth it.
euan
Altanon

Post by Altanon »

euan wrote:Altanon I'll happily swap citizenships with you. Somethings are sometimes worth it.
Thanks, my friend but, trust me, you don't want to be here. At least you don't live in the largest Police-State in history. It sucks now, and I'm afraid it'll get a lot worse before it gets better. At least I'm an old bastard and I'll be dead before it gets really bad, but I worry for the kids and, even more, for the grandkids.

But again, thanks.
Let's End the Stupidity,
Stop the Drug War Now!

Vintage Modern Forum
JVM410 Forum
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

I'd say the UK is getting into a Police state situation very fast.
euan