chrome PG material needed

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

bassintom

chrome PG material needed

Post by bassintom »

I've been searching the internetz looking for chrome PG material.It can't be metal.If anybody can help me with this I'd really appreciate it.This is for the contorzstang with the stealth pup.Thanks.
Sublimedo

Post by Sublimedo »

rochelle used an awesome chrome spray that works awesomely on plastic for her pedal project, I'll get her to post the name. You could probably use it on whatever pickguard you'd want instead of the material.
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

I sprayed nitro on my aluminum because some redneck sanded the gold ano off. Since I couldn't get what I wanted, I got 1950s GM instead.
Yell Like Hell
bassintom

Post by bassintom »

The contorz needs chrome.I appreciate the paint idea but it's just gotta be chrome.If I have to get it made special then that's what i'll do.There has to be someplace to get this shit.I got teh mirrored plate on one of my strats,it looks good but.......CONTORZ NEEDS CHROME
More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

go to the autoparts store and get some of that chrome pinstriping/door moulding shit and wrap it around the edges! then put curb feelers on it.
roachello
Cunt Punt

Post by roachello »

Don't use spray paint chrome. I bought a can for like $10 and it's so hard to work with. You have to warm it up so it applies smoothly and it takes days to dry. It advised against clear coating so the reflectiveness came off every time u wiped it down.
Aug
Best Poster 2010

Post by Aug »

couldn't you spray the chrome on the back of a clear pg, though?
bassintom

Post by bassintom »

Aug,I tried that on a piece of clear I had laying around..Looks like shit..the search continues..thanks for the suggestions.
mezzio13
GOODmin

Post by mezzio13 »

Get your phone book, and look up a plastics seller. Call and ask if they have mirror plexiglass. The mirror is applied to the back, so it won't scratch from playing. You can get it in 1/16" thickness, and it works exactly the same as plexi. It's relatively cheap too...
dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

I've make control plates, tele-bigsby plates and whole pickgaurds out of stainless. It works well. I cut it a combo of a die grinder and a dremel tool. It polished up like chrome. You can use the mirored type with the plastic on one side or you can make is swirly with jewelers compound to give it that 50 look. You can also find stainless at any metal store. Works well.
bassintom

Post by bassintom »

This is going to have a single stealth bucker in it.I'm Thinking a metal plate over the pup will kill it.I can easily get a mirrored PG but that's not what the kid or I really want.Thanks for all the suggestions.I'ma still looking.