FAO AUG

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

DGNR8

FAO AUG

Post by DGNR8 »

Aug, could you repoast that Bronco bridge drawing? I need to adjust mine properly and can't find any info on it other than the Warranty info from 1966. Lot of good that does now. Those people are dead!

Mine came with a wire to ground to bridge. Does it matter which screws it connects to?
Yell Like Hell
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

Bronco manual.

I think the manual tells you everything you need to know. It's a matter of roughing in the intonation, height adjustments and tuning. Then pretend the whammy bar is in there and make it level. Then go back and adjust everything else. It can take a lot of screwing around. Once you have it though, it's not going anywhere. Is that what you meant?

The wire just has to touch the bridge. As long as it is making good contact.
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

I have the manual. I find it sort of useful. I will try that. Aug had a sideview drawing that seemed at the time to tell a much better story. I just can't find it among 13K posts. I should have snagged iut when I had the chance. Once I fix one of these fucking necks I can probably fix the rest. My Mustang strings lay against the neck!
Yell Like Hell
Aug
Best Poster 2010

Post by Aug »

you talkin' 'bout this pic?

DaveB

Post by DaveB »

I know what you mean about finding the post :) I thought that cross section was a Jag/Jazzy tremolo? And ya, a Bronco bridge is it's own animal. There ain't nuthin like it. Once you get it though, you kinda like it. I remember the first time, I put the spring on the wrong side of the base plate. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't adjust it properly :oops: May the Force be with you......

......YAY AUG! It was a Bronco bridge after all.
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

Yay! Thanks guys. Aug wins the day. It kinda looks like one of those double razor commercials.

I hadn't even realized those parts were for adjustments. It is my tendency to want to tighten everything down. I get why the big Phillips head controls the tension. But to my dizzy eye, the two big screws look like anchors more than they do height adjusters. Like the unit needs to be securely held down at the body in order to whammy.

Yell Like Hell