xp200 arrived +DEMO

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

kim
[='±'=]

xp200 arrived +DEMO

Post by kim »

so the digitech xp200 came in the mail today, it looks pretty clean (just has a few tiny dents)

i ordered the adapter and thought that one would arrive first.. dammit.. :P
the suspense.. can't wait to mess around with it, tho it's not as wacky as the xp300 or xp100 i'm sure.
i just couldn't leave it, for 55 euros it was a pretty sweet deal (they don't go for insane prices like the other xp's on ebay but i've never seen them for less than 100)..and yeah, i know, it came sans adapter so the total cost would be around 70, that's still pretty ok.

more about this thing when thee adaptorr hast arriveth.

one thing that worries me is that the adapter input on the back reads : 500mA ....but i'm 95% sure it's the digitech ps913 i need to power it, guess i'll find out when it arrives, i know i'll feel like a retarded cow when it turns out to be the wrong one.
Last edited by kim on Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Nice one, you should really match the adaptor with what it says on the unit itself though. I'd trust that over some internet crap anyday.
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

shit it's troo, i was still able to cancel my order, i need a 500mA, i had a quick look on the MF site and the ps913 is the adapter for the voc300 (and others) and on the back of that pedal it says 1.3mA (MF's pictures +1) so i sent the shop a mail to cancel my order..phew..
boo to all the sites that gave me incorrect information..
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

As long as the adapter has more mA than the pedal needs you should be fine. It's why a 1-spot has 1700mA and is designed to be daisy chained into any pedals that take 9VDC. For example, all boss pedals pretty much use the PSA-120T adapter these days, which is 200mA. They all SAY 200mA, but it's pretty obvious which ones take a larger draw of power than others.

Another example is the line 6 floor pod line specifies as needing a 1200mA 9VAC on the package, yet the adapter Line 6 makes for it, the PX-2 is actually a 2000mA adapter.

Unless of course you europeans have some electrical current that works completely opposite of ours, you should be fine, especially if it's what Digitech is telling you to use.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Nick wrote:Unless of course you europeans have some electrical current that works completely opposite of ours, you should be fine, especially if it's what Digitech is telling you to use.
Sarcasm.

It's best to match current draw with adaptors as if the pedal fails and draws more current than it's supposed to it will fuck itself up worse than if powered off the matching supply, burning out more components. Seeing as heavium is ordering a psa for this individual unit she might aswell get the one that matches, particularly for a deleted pedal.
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

it's confusing, i guess the ps913 DOES work.. but indeed, if something goes wrong ..something goes reeeally wrong. :roll:

ehx and ibanez both have an adapter model dat is 9V, AC, and 500mA.. my only concern is that the adapter plug won't fit.. weirdass digitech,
i'm tired of nagging about this, i'm just gonna get the cheapest of the two and see..if it works, it works, if it doesn't..phukk it, i'll sell the power supply again and start nagging, again. :lol:

btw, i just realised i'm contradicting myself.. i do use the onespot.. for my whole board.. so if something goes wrong.. frying time .. imagine
Last edited by kim on Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

If it's AC then you REALLY don't want to take Nick's advice.
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

needs an AC adapter :x
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

I editted my AC/DC question when I read yuor post properly.

Anything AC needs the correct voltage and current.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

cant wait to hear a demo when you get it up and running kim.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

I used to have one of those back in the day, it's pretty much awful. A few vibrato patches(44 especially) were sort of interesting but not much else.

I sold it to a guy who scrapped the RAM to make a super XP, with the whole series in one box.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

i got the adapter, didn't find a 500mA ac one so i just went with the 1300mA digitech one, now i realise the mA's don't matter that much as long as it's enough, duh, but it's true, matching mA's would be better, ohwell..

i agree jcyphe, most of the sounds are crap, haha, i guess i'll get tired of it after a while and could sell it with profit since i got it so cheap.
i messed around with it for a while and recorded it, on guitar as well as on bass (second half of the demo).

here's the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ayymmgweitw
mostly the Digitech xp200 alone, sometimes combined with a Big muff
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

you guys need to quit being pussies and just plug in whatever adapter you have that fits into it. maybe one will work.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

I found that doesn't quite work the hard way when I fried my ultra fuzz.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Sloan wrote:you guys need to quit being pussies and just plug in whatever adapter you have that fits into it. maybe one will work.
Sloan: not a candidate for the Boss customer helpline.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

That was amazingly poor advice.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

heavium wrote: http://www.mediafire.com/?ayymmgweitw
mostly the Digitech xp200 alone, sometimes combined with a Big muff
Haha, that octaved/pitchshifted flanger at 0:54 is fun! Much cooler than the usual swoosh.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Doog wrote:
Sloan wrote:you guys need to quit being pussies and just plug in whatever adapter you have that fits into it. maybe one will work.
Mike wrote:That was amazingly poor advice.
Sloan is from Tennessee he makes his own power supplies with tin cans, twine, mountain berries, and gumption.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

There are some cool sounds in there :)
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

jcyphe wrote:
Doog wrote:
Mike wrote:That was amazingly poor advice.
Sloan is from Tennessee he makes his own power supplies with tin cans, twine, mountain berries, and gumption.
hahaha..