epi or save up for a gibby

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

you would..

say 'fuck it', imma ordering the faded brown epi
40%
be a bit more patient and get the gibson special in faded brown later this year if it's still available
25%
be a bit more patient and get the standard gibson sg (more of a 'classic' sg sound)
35%

Total votes: 20
DeadPenny

Post by DeadPenny »

i'm not voting... but get the gibby. you'll be happier in the long run. the G400 is a killer guitar, but it isn't a gibson. you'll hear/feel the difference. plus, the epi headstock is teh lamorz.
Being in love, I've found, is a lot like working at a factory - eventually, you get replaced by either a foreigner or a machine...
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Those faded series gibsons normally have really shit microphonic pickups stock.
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

Nick wrote:Those faded series gibsons normally have really shit microphonic pickups stock.
I'm pretty sure they have the same exact pickups that are in the standard except they don't have the covers on them.

EDIT: I just looked at the website and it says that the bridge pickup is different so maybe you're right.
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

Having owned both I think there is something great about a Gibson, but I also think that if Kurdtzt were starting out today he would be playing anything cheap. At the time it was low end Fender.
Yell Like Hell
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

i've decided to wait until mid august, the local guitar center here has both the special and standard in stock so i'm going over there this week or next week to test both.

if there's not a huge difference (to me) between the special and standard i'm getting the special if it's still available then (august), if it's not i'm getting a second hand standard..; but it's possible i won't want a special if it really disappoints me.
it's pretty easy to find standard sg's on the second hand market too and they're usually around 1000, even more easy because i can just get a right handed one.