New jagmaster? w/new pix

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

I've got some grey hair, but we don't talk about it.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

I have lots of grey hair. I whine about it constantly.SILVERFOX
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

Yeah the grey hair thing sucks, that's probably the only reaso I still keep my hair longer is that the grey doesn;t seem to show as much as when it is shorter.. It's kind of weird as I have dirty blond-light brown hair with grey and but the my goatee is almost redish (but still a little grey as well) Not sure what it's gonna do as it used to all be REALLY BLONDE?

Anyways, lets talk about jagmasters and their awesomeness please.
They say great minds think alike....Sometimes we do too...
Justin
NSFW

Post by Justin »

I have gray hair on one side of my head. Jagmasters are ok.
ludger

Post by ludger »

I'm bald and grey...that's why I buzz it all off.
65fenvox

Post by 65fenvox »

Sloan wrote:HAY ASSCOCKS.

THIS IS A GUITAR INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD NOT A HAIR INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD.
Says the guy who's still got his hair.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

Here are some pics of the jagmaster with the GFS split coil pickups. It looks pretty good. Much better than the white open humbuckers.

Sound wise, I was worried at first. I picked up a little used Vox ad15v to use around the house a couple weeks ago after getting rid of alot of stuff I am not using, and through that amp it did not sound very good. I think it was because I had it turned up loud enough that it was just not clean sounding at all. It was kind of thin and hollow sounding. I pulled the guard back off and found a ground (from the original soldering) was a littel loose, so I fixed that, and re-adjusted everything a little bit and it sounded much better, but still not what I was hoping for.

Well, Went over to the practice space and plugged it into the Marshall JVM and let it rip for awhile. MUCH BETTER. Nice and full. A good balance between the neck and bridge pup. Really twangy king of bridge pup and fat neck pup. The mid position is beautiful. I still need to mess a bit as I still notice the low E string is really boomy and makes ALOT of noise. That also might have been the new strings (11-54) that I put on it. We will see after tommorrow's practice.

In other words....150 used with gig bag, 50 in GFS pups, (and hopefully soon another 20 or so for an anodized guard from Robert :lol:) and I got a great playing guitar that sound different than the other two (Bronco Jr and Tele/Gretsch) for 220 or so.... good plan...

jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Yours has the six screw trem base. I have the 2 point one that is just awful. I think 2-point trems can be great but Fender usually makes them awful. I'm debating if it's even worth putting any money into this Jagmaster. Your looks good, and will be even more awesome after the upgrades.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

those pups are pretty nice sounding. Not too hot, but enough guts to get the job done. Nice clean tone or distorted.

Once I get the gold guard and beat it up a bit it will look cool...

the neck plays awesome.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

That looks great mickie, nice burst as well.
I had a vista model years ago and it was way better than that HH Jag i later bought imo. Strat trems can be very good but a lot of it depends on how good your tuners are and if the nut is well cut. Just watch some Jeff Beck footage for proof.

Whats with everyone going bald and grey? :lol:
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Just because you've got a luscious mop of flaxen locks.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

Fran wrote:That looks great mickie, nice burst as well.
I had a vista model years ago and it was way better than that HH Jag i later bought imo. Strat trems can be very good but a lot of it depends on how good your tuners are and if the nut is well cut. Just watch some Jeff Beck footage for proof.

Whats with everyone going bald and grey? :lol:
Thanks. Currently I have the trem blocked and have no issues with the tuners at all. I have it strung up failry heavy (11-54) and it plays alot nice. I could drop the action a bit more if I wanted to, but haven;t messed with it that far yet as I don;t like my action too low. (I am mainly a rhythym player anyways so blistering leads aren't my concern.)

I like the pups, and might try to get a demo of the guitar through my JVM next week at practice.

I am awaiting a anodized gold guard from Robert OG to throw on it!!
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

I lov ethe pickups. That thing is pretty.

Demo would be hot.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

Mike wrote:I lov ethe pickups. That thing is pretty.

Demo would be hot.
Ya Found it. I want to take it into GC and try it next to a real set of them (or I guess I could just do the easy thing and ship the whole guitar to you for one of your infamous demos :lol: )

I can;t seem to get my sonar 6 to keep from having audio dropouts. I want to get some demo's for this, the T-rex delay, and the tele....
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Hmm... how much memory do you have?

Have you tried the differetn audio driver types in the settings? You have to restart Sonar after changing each one?

Also increase the latency to make it safer. Are you doing anything hectic or just recording one track at a time? It shouldn't drop out unless you're doing a lot of tracking/lots of plugins etc.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

I am running it in a laptop with 2 gig ram and 120 gig harddrive (that is about 55% full) I have an external hard drive with 320 gig I plan on using once I am up and running it. As far as recording, I have it set up to record up to 8 channels through a presonus fireproject. I am pretty sure it is something to do with the latency and stuff, but the help options have not been very helpful. Dots is suppossed to be down this way soon and help me get it up and running.

Any suggestions. Which drivers should I be using for that?
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Just try the different options in Sonar's menu (asio, win, mme) and see how they perform.

Your setup should be able to do this.

Also close all antivirus and other non essential programs. Use task manager to kill any processes you don't care about before opening sonar.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

Mike wrote:Just try the different options in Sonar's menu (asio, win, mme) and see how they perform.

Also close all antivirus and other non essential programs. Use task manager to kill any processes you don't care about before opening sonar.
i think it only recognizes the presonus in asio
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Mike wrote:Just because you've got a luscious mop of flaxen locks.
The grey is creeping in mike, i blame the missus. :lol:
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

mickie08 wrote:
Mike wrote:Just try the different options in Sonar's menu (asio, win, mme) and see how they perform.

i think it only recognizes the presonus in asio
Buggeration. Do the process/program close thing and make sure you get all Sonar 6 patches, and your presonus' latest updates.

Is presonus firewire or USB?