I really like the look of this guitar

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

I don't have a camera.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

no worries.
bamonte

Post by bamonte »

what are all those lil switches for??
Looking for recommendations on some new music?
www.gnaracidlovemusic.com
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Turn pickups off and on and different caps and stuff. like a jag bass cut switch.
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Post by timhulio »

I've been looking for a decent Impala or Corvette for so long it's not funny. However, that one is in shit condition and quite overpriced.
NickS

Post by NickS »

jcyphe wrote: All I really been into lately is the late 50's Gibson stuff. Futuras, Explorers, V's and the custom variations of them by makers like Ibanez, Hamer, Dean, Stevens... i always liked this stuff and used to mix it in there with the stuff this crowd appreciates more.

I think most of the people here would rather gouge their eyes out than embrace these sexy rock classics.
I have a Gibson V, though it's only a 2000LE. It was cheaper and lighter than a Les Paul and wasn't an SG. I loved the sound Andy Powell got out of his V when I was starting - now I realise Andy Powell could sound like Andy Powell playing almost anything with humbuckers. For some reason I'm not an SG fan. I wish it had a Vibrola - the guy I mentioned with the Zakk Wylde Les Paul also has a '57 RI V with Vibrola (and a Firebird and an Explorer and another Les Paul, and an SG)

My friend Martin had an early Ibanez flying V, must have been 1971. We couldn't believe it. £45 in a new local music shop. "How much are these new?" "It is new." "Why's there a screw missing from the pickup surround then?" "Eh?? OK, £43." I wonder what happened to it, but it's too late to ask him now.