FAO: DGNR8 (I think)

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

Will
Up on his Whore Lore

FAO: DGNR8 (I think)

Post by Will »

I remembered you (or possibly someone else) using something called "Quikwood" on a Ric project - how well did it work? How much could this stuff do structurally, or is it more for gap-filling?
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

I wouldn't replace a floor with it, but it is strong as hell with wood. It's also not hard to sand, but it takes a lot of elbow, so it is better to flatten it out with your fingers or tools before it dries. You have a fair amount of time. One tube is about a humbucker hole worth. But for something that large I think you would want to do it in layers. It doesn't seem to shrink and it's supposed to be tappable. I am a happy customer. I can't remember who on Reranch turned me onto it. My wife is going out of town tomorrow so I may even get that sucker painted finally.
Yell Like Hell
Will
Up on his Whore Lore

Post by Will »

Cool, Cool - I'm ordering some acrylic through Dic Blick so I figured I'd pick some up to try. I mostly wanna fill some holes in my 335 from where the old bridge posts were, but I was also thinking about some small things on my Ric copy, like making the neck pocket tighter.