Is this Kurts Mustang?

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

downer wrote:uhm...maybe... because its kurts jaguar?? :lol:
But you're a Nirvanatard.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Mike wrote:I don't get while people like Kurtypoo's Jaguar so much.

It looks dumb.
For realz. If that shit wasn't Kurts everyone would whine about how someone cut up a vintage Jag(especially a lefty). Fuck that guitar and every replica of it.
skip wrote:satan rules
fenderJapan

Post by fenderJapan »

65fenvox wrote:
Yeah.....haha, grow up!
Nah
65fenvox

Post by 65fenvox »

Justin wrote:
65fenvox wrote:
robroe wrote:*snicker*
*scratches crouch*

I see what you did there.
Thats amazing. I should have said *scratches crouch while :roll: *
Justin
NSFW

Post by Justin »

65fenvox wrote:
Justin wrote:
65fenvox wrote: *scratches crouch*

Well the thing is, how do you scratch a crouch? Do you squat down, bending the knees? And what I meant was, I saw what you put and changed it to before anyone else posted.
JamesSmann

Post by JamesSmann »

Justin wrote:
65fenvox wrote:
Justin wrote:

Well the thing is, how do you scratch a crouch? Do you squat down, bending the knees? And what I meant was, I saw what you put and changed it to before anyone else posted.
lol.

literacy FTW.
downer

Post by downer »

Mike wrote:
downer wrote:uhm...maybe... because its kurts jaguar?? :lol:
But you're a Nirvanatard.
and what? oh sorry, i have forgotten you are Mike, the DickHead, or Mike, the IdontKnowAnythingAboutShortscales Bitch
I don't know, I don't care, all I know is you can take me there
downer

Post by downer »

Richard wrote:

It looks dumb.
For realz. If that shit wasn't Kurts everyone would whine about how someone cut up a vintage Jag(especially a lefty). Fuck that guitar and every replica of it.
if you dont like humbuckers, dont buy a guitar with humbuckers, its so simple...
however there are people who like jaguars and mustangs, their shape, their comfortable necks or anything else, and they preffer humbuckers over single coils, so...you know, why not to add them on their guitar?
i bet you masturbate over pics with silicon babes so why you hate altered guitars?

not mentioning that his jaguar was used on SNL 92 and i still think, that this performance had one of the greatest sounds ever, i dont know how much it was because of that jaguar and how much because of other equipment in the studio, but i guess the jaguar and its humbuckers played important role in the sound
I don't know, I don't care, all I know is you can take me there
paul_

Post by paul_ »

All of my favourite sounding kurt cobain stuff was done on his jaguar. The In Utero sessions, the live takes of drain you and School from the CAYA single, and various live vids I've seen. I think it suited his style better than other guitars he would use.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Justin
NSFW

Post by Justin »

paul_ wrote:All of my favourite sounding kurt cobain stuff was done on his jaguar. The In Utero sessions, the live takes of drain you and School from the CAYA single, and various live vids I've seen. I think it suited his style better than other guitars he would use.

I know right. From watching loads of live stuff, it seemed like he had songs that were only played with a Strat w/ a bridge humbucker, there are certain Mustang songs, and certain Jaguar songs for the most part, but they are interchangeable among the short scales.
I don't know why, but it seems like the less popular songs are the ones I'm seeing him play with a Strat.
In Utero, tone and sound wise is the greatest fucking thing I've ever heard.
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

word.
kurts jaggie baby with the low fi distortion garage band sound was perfect for in utero,
among all of my friends that are fans and not fans in utero is the universal album of RAWK!
personally i think that they should have re-recorded all the songs on nevermind in the same fashion as in utero.
so damn dark and creepy sounding. I LOVE IT!
modifying a guitar to taste is what its all about, if you get a guitar and you love it stock, then keep it stock, but if you want to try something else more power to you!
but then again modifying a vintage or rare instrument is about the most retarded thing in the world.
matte30is
Gimme' head till I'm dead

Post by matte30is »

goddamn robert your posts make me dizzy sometimes.
iCEByTes wrote:V8 give me chills the sound of motor , the visual , oh man oh shit oh crap.
65fenvox

Post by 65fenvox »

Justin wrote:
65fenvox wrote:
Justin wrote:

Oh! Yeah, after a little while, I thought its not my place to say something like that. I have to be NICE! God this chanting is not working!! WOOSA!!! WOOSA!!!!Damnit!!
I really wasn't trying to be a prick though, I just come across as one.
Are you a prick Justin??
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

justin is a huge prick,
a prick of love!!!!!
Justin
NSFW

Post by Justin »

65fenvox wrote:
Justin wrote:
65fenvox wrote: Thats amazing. I should have said *scratches crouch while :roll: *

Oh! Yeah, after a little while, I thought its not my place to say something like that. I have to be NICE! God this chanting is not working!! WOOSA!!! WOOSA!!!!Damnit!!
I really wasn't trying to be a prick though, I just come across as one.
Are you a prick Justin??

Shortscales agree 31 to 20 that I'm not a prick.
65fenvox

Post by 65fenvox »

robert(original) wrote:word.
kurts jaggie baby with the low fi distortion garage band sound was perfect for in utero,
among all of my friends that are fans and not fans in utero is the universal album of RAWK!
personally i think that they should have re-recorded all the songs on nevermind in the same fashion as in utero.
so damn dark and creepy sounding. I LOVE IT!
modifying a guitar to taste is what its all about, if you get a guitar and you love it stock, then keep it stock, but if you want to try something else more power to you!
but then again modifying a vintage or rare instrument is about the most retarded thing in the world.
I was joking Justin.
In Utero has a beautiful ambiance. Its one of the best sounding albums.
Paul, check out Nirvana's Amsterdam performance from '91. One of the greatest performance's from Cobain's Jag, next to Reading '92 that is. I'm sure its on Youtube.
Richard

Post by Richard »

downer wrote:
Richard wrote:

It looks dumb.
if you dont like humbuckers, dont buy a guitar with humbuckers, its so simple...
however there are people who like jaguars and mustangs, their shape, their comfortable necks or anything else, and they preffer humbuckers over single coils, so...you know, why not to add them on their guitar?
i bet you masturbate over pics with silicon babes so why you hate altered guitars?

not mentioning that his jaguar was used on SNL 92 and i still think, that this performance had one of the greatest sounds ever, i dont know how much it was because of that jaguar and how much because of other equipment in the studio, but i guess the jaguar and its humbuckers played important role in the sound
I never said I didn't like humbuckers. I never said that I hate altered guitars. I agree that the guitar sounds good, that doesn't mean I have to like it. I've modified almost all of my guitars, but that Jaguar is a monstrosity.
skip wrote:satan rules
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Kurt should have just got over himself and played a Les Paul, he was clearly not a Fender guy.
Sublimedo

Post by Sublimedo »

thats pretty true, actually. i think he was too much of a sonic youth fan to let go of those offsets.

I find myself using humbuckers (wether it be by modding or playing) less and less these days. I think the only humbuckers i use often are the ones on the Super-Sonic. I do love them WideRange pups though.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Yeah wide-rangers are a little different to your standard humbucker. I like them, but I'm on a massive single coil tip these days. All I play is the blonde Telecaster, straight into my amp. I'm like Springsteen and stuff.

If you listen to the sounds that paul_ mentioned, those Drain You live sounds and In Utero - that's a Les Paul all over.