Prison Guitar

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

jcyphe

Prison Guitar

Post by jcyphe »

[youtube][/youtube]

ahahaha These are awesome, even if prison isn't.
blane

Post by blane »

thats pretty cool./... it's funny though the other day i was thinking i want to watch a documentary on the prison system... so i turned it to msnbc and sure enough, another one was on.
Guitars:
2014 American Deluxe Stratocaster
2013 Gibson SG 61RI
1998 Paul Reed Smith CE22
Justin
NSFW

Post by Justin »

They show prison shows quite a bit. They're ok to watch sometimes but usually depressing. That's awesome that he figured out how to build those guitars though. I don't really agree that a double murderer should get to breath, much less be given room and board so he can learn to play geetar. But that's for another thread.

Also, a camera crew heard about something you're doing, you know they are on the way : Put on a shirt.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Justin wrote:They show prison shows quite a bit. They're ok to watch sometimes but usually depressing. That's awesome that he figured out how to build those guitars though. I don't really agree that a double murderer should get to breath, much less be given room and board so he can learn to play geetar. But that's for another thread.

Also, a camera crew heard about something you're doing, you know they are on the way : Put on a shirt.
It was drug related double murder, so he proably killed some equally scummy people. But I'm just guessing I don't know the story.

It's funny but I kind of have a prison mentality towards crime, to me not all crime is the same and not all murder is the same.
Reece

Post by Reece »

That shit sounds prison.
Justin
NSFW

Post by Justin »

jcyphe wrote:
Justin wrote:They show prison shows quite a bit. They're ok to watch sometimes but usually depressing. That's awesome that he figured out how to build those guitars though. I don't really agree that a double murderer should get to breath, much less be given room and board so he can learn to play geetar. But that's for another thread.

It was drug related double murder, so he proably killed some equally scummy people. But I'm just guessing I don't know the story.

It's funny but I kind of have a prison mentality towards crime, to me not all crime is the same and not all murder is the same.

I agree but I was taking it at face value of double murder.
Gavin
I Beat BBC News

Post by Gavin »

Eh, the second guy was a drug related double murder, but the master luthier making those guitars was jailed for a string of sex offences.

Although, I sort of agree with Jcyphe about scumbags killing scumbags.
Sublimedo

Post by Sublimedo »

double murderer has a replica of the first fender prototype.
Sublimedo

Post by Sublimedo »

i think i know where Aug is now
gaybear
Inventor of the Blues

Post by gaybear »

Sublimedo wrote:Image

haha, ouch
plopswagon wrote: Drunk and disorderly conduct is the cradle of democracy.
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

hold on, scratch everything in this thread,
the neck is removeable from the body, while keep the strings in tact and in tune.
that is actually a really great idea.
it could be of great use,
that peado peice of shit had a good idea, i would like to choke him out and take it as my own......
back to the basis of the thread as stated earlier,
sex offenders, fuck off, druggy dope fiends, enjoy a dry hell(thats an aa thing)
izodiak

Post by izodiak »

The guitars are kind of cool, but the two chaps are not..
c'mon sex offender, thats not cool at all.
the other one, there is some space to think, but sex offender not the way to go.
kim wrote:plankton people will be plankton people
Mark

Post by Mark »

I'd pay $25 for one. Either way, I don't think i'd want to meet like him at all.
Justin
NSFW

Post by Justin »

Sublimedo wrote:Image

I wonder if he is going to make the biggest baddest blackest prison guitar there is?
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Justin wrote:
I wonder if he is going to make the biggest baddest blackest prison guitar there is?
Justin is now remembering racist things other people said. :lol:

The Snakehead tele headstock looks better than the real tele headstock.
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

BLASPHEMER!
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
light rail coyote

Post by light rail coyote »

robert(original) wrote:hold on, scratch everything in this thread,
the neck is removeable from the body, while keep the strings in tact and in tune.
that is actually a really great idea.
it could be of great use,
that peado peice of shit had a good idea, i would like to choke him out and take it as my own......
back to the basis of the thread as stated earlier,
sex offenders, fuck off, druggy dope fiends, enjoy a dry hell(thats an aa thing)
only done like 50 yrs ago or something
les Paul log

Fuzz monkeys are generally fed the most bananas
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

light rail coyote wrote:
les Paul log

Anything that you can possibly think of for an electric guitar, has probably been done by somebody else and most likely a long time ago. It's funny but most of the electric guitar innovations came in the early days. Since there was no concept of what an electric guitar had to be, or what it had to be made of.

What Les did there was a neckthru construction that he never bothered to glue on the "wing" pieces, and the reason he did that is because he never thought it had to look like an archtop, but when he took it to the gig everyone looked at him funny and said it sounded awful. Les knew people were just looking at the shape, so he fashioned those wings to clip on and took it back to the gig and people loved it. Les wanted the Gibson SG to be a neckthrough but Gibson balked at the idea, and Les hated the SG eventhough he endorsed it for awhile, he never liked it.

That prison guitar is a one piece up to the bridge. In essence a Travis Bean is the same but made of metal.

dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

jcyphe wrote:
light rail coyote wrote:
les Paul log

Anything that you can possibly think of for an electric guitar, has probably been done by somebody else and most likely a long time ago. It's funny but most of the electric guitar innovations came in the early days. Since there was no concept of what an electric guitar had to be, or what it had to be made of.

What Les did there was a neckthru construction that he never bothered to glue on the "wing" pieces, and the reason he did that is because he never thought it had to look like an archtop, but when he took it to the gig everyone looked at him funny and said it sounded awful. Les knew people were just looking at the shape, so he fashioned those wings to clip on and took it back to the gig and people loved it. Les wanted the Gibson SG to be a neckthrough but Gibson balked at the idea, and Les hated the SG eventhough he endorsed it for awhile, he never liked it.

That prison guitar is a one piece up to the bridge. In essence a Travis Bean is the same but made of metal.

I don't think that this guy was trying to reinvent the wheel. He was just trying to make a guitar out of a boat kit. He was limited to what he had.
light rail coyote

Post by light rail coyote »

Yeah, even pointy guitars came from the 50s, like the flying V and explorer. Although they only actually made them for like a year or something
Fuzz monkeys are generally fed the most bananas