Your Ultimate Favorite Guitar/Bass

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

roachello
Cunt Punt

Your Ultimate Favorite Guitar/Bass

Post by roachello »

We all may own a couple of guitars, but which ONE out of your lovely collections is your PARTY-ALL-THE-TIME-ULTIMATE FAVORITE GUITAR/BASS ?

It's hard for me to narrow it down, but Mustangs are just sheer awesomeness, both bass and guitar. Not only are their necks shortscale which allows for crazy quick and easy playing, but the bodies are also lightweight which gives the player longer stamina, their body shapes are cool, the usage of minimal chrome is perfect aesthetic-wise, shrunken pickguards are cool when available, the stock pickups sound great, and they come in a good range of colors as well.

I also fancy the Supersonic for it's unique shape and sound and jazzies for their versatility.
Justin
NSFW

Post by Justin »

Of ever?

Stratocaster with Lace or Hotrails. I don't have them now.
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

the tele i built myself is my number 1, playing out wise its the perfect machine, never goes out of tune, the electronics are solid as a rock, and i can pull off any repair to it in minutes.
the jag-stang is right behind it.
and as for basses my 99 mexi fender jazzbass is a trooper as well!
when i had my av jaguar i played out with it a couple of times and it was fantastic, sounded sooooo good and felt good(of course)
but if i had the two of them at a show, i would choose the tele, and use the jag for recording or practice.
roachello
Cunt Punt

Post by roachello »

robert(original) wrote:the tele i built myself is my number 1, playing out wise its the perfect machine, never goes out of tune, the electronics are solid as a rock, and i can pull off any repair to it in minutes.
the jag-stang is right behind it.
and as for basses my 99 mexi fender jazzbass is a trooper as well!
when i had my av jaguar i played out with it a couple of times and it was fantastic, sounded sooooo good and felt good(of course)
but if i had the two of them at a show, i would choose the tele, and use the jag for recording or practice.
Tele pic pls? BTW the tele you made for us... holy crap it's the nicest tele I've ever seen!! Fiesta red, mint pickguard, glossy neck, matching headstock, cream binding... it looks and feels amazing!!
robert(original)

in all reality, i did not make that, you guys did, i just made a raw body and you guys made the magic happen.
you know my tele don't you?
the sunburst one, that i made in school, p-90 in the neck, naked maple neck, surely you have seen some pics of it.
if you really want i will run downstairs and take sore more pics of it.
actually i probly should since it has changed shape once again.
sonicboom

Post by sonicboom »

No kidding, it's the blonde Baja Tele I only got two weeks back.
I love this guitar.
I had a p90ed Gibson SG Special in th'early eighties which like played itSELF, weighed about an ounce, stayed in tune for ever and absolutely snarled cranked up, but right now I can't see past that Telecaster.
For playability, looks and tonezzzz, it beats all.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

pizzastangmaster II

Last edited by robroe on Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dots wrote:incesticide
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Favorite Guitar - The Les Paul 1959 style

Favorite Bass - I don't play bass but if i did it would be a Guild Starfire bass.
Justin J

Post by Justin J »

my jaguar.
robert(original)

DITTO on the starfire bass, i have always thought those things were hawt as hell!
never played one tho.
Mr Mustache

Post by Mr Mustache »

My 66 Jazzmaster is my perfect guitar.

But I'm beginning to realize that i need to get a refret done pretty badly, but i think i'll just put on a lefty strat neck that i'm getting from deadpenny while that is happening

bass wise, i'd love to have a Bass VI, although i've never played one :(, or make a 6 baritone tuned E-E from a Bronco Bass
JamesSmann

Post by JamesSmann »

My american deluxe jazz bass. three color burst, mint guard...fucking amazing bass. it makes me cream with it's maple neck, MOP inlays, and sexy active eq...
BobArsecake
a mannequin made by madmen

Post by BobArsecake »

My Ricky 620.
matte30is
Gimme' head till I'm dead

Post by matte30is »

My favorite guitar that I owned was a early 92 mim strat.

My favorite boner guitar that I've played but cant afford is my friends early 70's Les paul custom.
iCEByTes wrote:V8 give me chills the sound of motor , the visual , oh man oh shit oh crap.
filtercap

Post by filtercap »

Tough, because each of mine has its place. That's hard too, because if I wanted to get another guitar, there's none of 'em I could bear getting rid of.

My other guitars are more interesting, but my '93 Stratocaster gets used the most all-around. Texas Special pickups spun around backwards, base plate on the bridge pickup, blend-ola knob, Tremsetter. Midnight blue, pearly pickguard. Versatile, and the bridge-middle position especially has some serious twang to it. The neck shape is thin and uninteresting though. That guitar's probably the most easily-replaced one I have. If I was forced to keep just one, it might be one of the others.

My 90's MIM Jazz Bass has been a garage-rock monster for years. Sparkly red, original Mexilicious pickups, aged pearl pickguard, chicken-head knobs just because.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

If I HAD to sell everything but 1, it would be the Ovation I'd keep. I could buy another strat, tele, les paul, acoustic, etc, but I could never find a worthy replacement for this guitar.

I'm actually thinking of reducing my collection of 9 down to 3 in the next 6 months. I think I'll end up keeping the strat, les paul, and the ovation of course.
filtercap

Post by filtercap »

Electric Ovation or a cue stick?
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

That Ovation.

Fuck anything Ovation made since they stopped making these guitars.
robert(original)

aint it the truth!
i always did like that ovation.
very classy looking.
tribi9
Administrator

Post by tribi9 »

Nick wrote:Image

That Ovation.

Fuck anything Ovation made since they stopped making these guitars.
I think Im in love! Damn that's sexy!