Newest Leather pickgaurd project

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

Ninja Mike 808 wrote:I dig it. If you did one with skulls and demons then it'd be pure metal. But alas, I can only dream.
I could make pretty much anything.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Pretty much anything, but not anything pretty.
bassintom

Post by bassintom »

I thought one of the reasons for this forum was to show projects and get teh praises or teh criticism.It makes no sense to have this board if anytime someone posts their work they get a truckload of hate..And it seems the ones doing the ripping are the ones that can't pee without someone holding their hand.
I like it Dave..you're an artist with leather.They're jealous of your talent,that's the only reason I can see for flames.I'm jealous also but I won't throw rocks at ya.
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

I like the design and stuff, though I know it'd look much better if it was cut proper with the exact same lines as a standard pickguard.
dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

Sparky wrote:I like the design and stuff, though I know it'd look much better if it was cut proper with the exact same lines as a standard pickguard.
Leather is funny to work with. It grows as you tool and shrinks as you finish it. I still have to do a bit or trimming with it and also still have to put the finish Laquer on it. I also may put in the holes for the screws for the pickup. Haven't decided on that one though. The pictures are kinda hard to what it really looks like. The embossing on the roses doesnt really show up.

Thanks for the compliment!
JamesSmann

Post by JamesSmann »

Mike wrote:It's ugly as all shit. It's really pathetic that time was spent making that guitar look so shit.
meowwwwwwwwww
dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

bassintom wrote:I thought one of the reasons for this forum was to show projects and get teh praises or teh criticism.It makes no sense to have this board if anytime someone posts their work they get a truckload of hate..And it seems the ones doing the ripping are the ones that can't pee without someone holding their hand.
I like it Dave..you're an artist with leather.They're jealous of your talent,that's the only reason I can see for flames.I'm jealous also but I won't throw rocks at ya.
Thanks for that Tom!
Justin
NSFW

Post by Justin »

Different flavors of beef jerky?

Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

bassintom wrote:And it seems the ones doing the ripping are the ones that can't pee without someone holding their hand.
Please elaborate.

I hate the pickguard because it is fucking ugly.
dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

Mike wrote:
bassintom wrote:And it seems the ones doing the ripping are the ones that can't pee without someone holding their hand.
Please elaborate.

I hate the pickguard because it is fucking ugly.
thanks for sharing! :lol:
bassintom

Post by bassintom »

Please elaborate.
You should learn to relax and enjoy life a little and look for the good...try it sometime.You're much too young to be so nasty,leave that grumpy shit up to us old geezers.
JamesSmann

Post by JamesSmann »

bassintom wrote:
Please elaborate.
You should learn to relax and enjoy life a little and look for the good...try it sometime.You're much too young to be so nasty,leave that grumpy shit up to us old geezers.
a happy mike would signal the forthcoming apocolypse, surely.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

bassintom wrote:
Please elaborate.
In what way does that relate to your "can't pee without someone holding their hand" comment, Tom?
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

St. Jimmy wrote:
bassintom wrote:
Please elaborate.
Why do you think I'm not happy?

I'm plenty happy, I just think Leather Tooled Pickguards are stupid and ugly and that the Telecaster is ruined with that on it.
JamesSmann

Post by JamesSmann »

Mike wrote:
St. Jimmy wrote:
bassintom wrote: You should learn to relax and enjoy life a little and look for the good...try it sometime.You're much too young to be so nasty,leave that grumpy shit up to us old geezers.
Why do you think I'm not happy?

I'm plenty happy, I just think Leather Tooled Pickguards are stupid and ugly and that the Telecaster is ruined with that on it.
lol. it's cool babe. i don't like the leather PG etiher, and i agree the tele looks shit because of it. you are just feisty and extra salty today.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Not really, I just think it's yuck.
JamesSmann

Post by JamesSmann »

Mike wrote:Not really, I just think it's yuck.
lol! sure. saltface mcsaltipants.
Mo Law-ka
strictly roots

Post by Mo Law-ka »

looks nice. when are you going to start my strap?
jcyphe wrote: Mo is the most sensible person in this thread.
icey wrote:and thats for the hatters (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Mo Rocca wrote: when are you going to start my strap?
If you already paid hard cash for it...then maybe like November. going by reputation.
Justin
NSFW

Post by Justin »

Beef jerky roll up.