Newest Leather pickgaurd project

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

St. Jimmy wrote:
Mike wrote:
St. Jimmy wrote: a happy mike would signal the forthcoming apocolypse, surely.
Why do you think I'm not happy?

I'm plenty happy, I just think Leather Tooled Pickguards are stupid and ugly and that the Telecaster is ruined with that on it.
lol. it's cool babe. i don't like the leather PG etiher, and i agree the tele looks shit because of it. you are just feisty and extra salty today.
That's the way he responds to most my posts. I guess he thinks it bothers me. :roll:
gaybear
Inventor of the Blues

Post by gaybear »

alas, i think every thread DDD makes in guitar sections, regardless of whether the item is "pretty" or "ugly" will from now on
have a buncha h8torade from the usual folks
plopswagon wrote: Drunk and disorderly conduct is the cradle of democracy.
bassintom

Post by bassintom »

alas, i think every thread DDD makes in guitar sections, regardless of whether the item is "pretty" or "ugly" will from now on
Even though he deserves it..... :roll:

:)
dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

gaybear wrote:alas, i think every thread DDD makes in guitar sections, regardless of whether the item is "pretty" or "ugly" will from now on
I don't really care. I really don't. I'm fully aware that I'm the only country guy here and that the style is much different then others. I just do my thing and surf that wave! If they don't like it, Fuck em!
gaybear
Inventor of the Blues

Post by gaybear »

that's cool that it doesn't bother you, but it's kinda annoying to have to read over and over.
=[
dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

gaybear wrote:that's cool that it doesn't bother you, but it's kinda annoying to have to read over and over.
=[
I'm sure it's annoying to a lot of people to have to read the Vortex of hate day after day. It doesn't really bother me about my person projects. About NoHo, I get defensive because with that it something that I'm really trying to build and get off the ground. About the projects...... ppsssssst. Whatever. Fuck em!
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

If it bothers him so much people talk shit about NOHO, WHY DOES HE POST HERE? I just can't get this. Sorry if I'm cynical but I think the only reason he's here is because no other forum would put up with all the BS Aug and DDDave have done to its members.

All you people who love NOHO, can follow them. Same ole story with these guys, they want to exploit what the community here built and cry about how they're treated.

There are other people on here who do projects and NEVER get any hate, so spare me the lame excuses of why nobody likes these guys. I was willing to give DDDave the benefit of the doubt when Aug got banned, but the way he acted to Robert(OG) was awful.
dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

jcyphe wrote:If it bothers him so much people talk shit about NOHO, WHY DOES HE POST HERE? I just can't get this. Sorry if I'm cynical but I think the only reason he's here is because no other forum would put up with all the BS Aug and DDDave have done to its members.

All you people who love NOHO, can follow them. Same ole story with these guys, they want to exploit what the community here built and cry about how they're treated.

There are other people on here who do projects and NEVER get any hate, so spare me the lame excuses of why nobody likes these guys. I was willing to give DDDave the benefit of the doubt when Aug got banned, but the way he acted to Robert(OG) was awful.
Why am i here? Cause I've made a lot of friends here.

Did I come off as Crying? Cause that's not the way I felt.
Sublimedo

Post by Sublimedo »

jcyphe wrote: All you people who love NOHO, can follow them. .
100% shitty. thats all im going to say about that.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Yeah I wouldn't lump anyone that gets on with Aug and DDDave with them.

Maybe they're good people off the board or whatever, but mind you, from what I've heard about the way Aug leads his life of the board from his own mouth not him. Maybe Dave though. If you keep him away from your leather, or he'll turn your brand new Easy-Chair into Elephant Afterbirth in minutes.
dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

Mike wrote:Maybe Dave though. If you keep him away from your leather, or he'll turn your brand new Easy-Chair into Elephant Afterbirth in minutes.
I wish that I understood what the hell you were talking about. I'll assume its a dig.

This Thread really took a turn. :lol:
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Teles cool for $150. Pickguards a bit meh though.
I'm not trying to join in the bashing here but why are they always dull or weird Dave? Can't you do something fun like a cartoon design or something? It may swing some opinions.
dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

Fran wrote:Teles cool for $150. Pickguards a bit meh though.
I'm not trying to join in the bashing here but why are they always dull or weird Dave? Can't you do something fun like a cartoon design or something? It may swing some opinions.
You mean why is the finish Dull? I still have to Laquer it.

I have done cartoony stuff. Did you see RobRoe's strap?
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

dodgedartdave wrote:

No, dull colour and dull designs. I dont think the guitar community will rush to buy pickguards with images of jesus or roses on them.
I know you are perhaps limited with real leather but what about faux leather or another material? Could you apply your skills to that?

Do you have a link for the strap.. i never saw it.
dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

Fran wrote:
dodgedartdave wrote:

No, dull colour and dull designs. I dont think the guitar community will rush to buy pickguards with images of jesus or roses on them.
I know you are perhaps limited with real leather but what about faux leather or another material? Could you apply your skills to that?

The link may be gone. Maybe Rob can post it again.

What do you mean by Faux leather?
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Sublimedo wrote:
jcyphe wrote: All you people who love NOHO, can follow them. .
100% shitty. thats all im going to say about that.
You didn't say anything negative, Bassintom did. If he wants to diss people here who have not stole money from people or disrespected members for some clowns who have done so, he can get the fuck out of here and I don't think thats shitty for me to say AT ALL.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

dodgedartdave wrote:
Fran wrote:
dodgedartdave wrote: You mean why is the finish Dull? I still have to Laquer it.

Like fake leather, different materials.
gaybear
Inventor of the Blues

Post by gaybear »

a custom strap would be rad.
dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

gaybear wrote:a custom strap would be rad.
That's what I do! I mostly make belts and straps for folks.
dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

Fran wrote:
dodgedartdave wrote:
Fran wrote: No, dull colour and dull designs. I dont think the guitar community will rush to buy pickguards with images of jesus or roses on them.

Like fake leather, different materials.
As far as tooling, it can only be done on leather. I've had many vegans ask my that same question. You would not get the relief (like a lil sculpture) that get on real leather.