So I think I'm gonna get a Jagmaster...

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

TheBurbz

So I think I'm gonna get a Jagmaster...

Post by TheBurbz »

I really like the sound, I have some money saved which I don't want to blow on a Jaguar because of ridiculous UK prices and to add to that I'm finding myself liking humbuckers a lot more than singles these days. I know a couple of people have them, please share your thoughts on these guitars.

P.S. Turns out the new Jagmasters are 24" scale which is great, I never knew this.
Are you a Wizard?
Justin J

Post by Justin J »

i've only ever played a vista jagmaster and it was fantastic.
65fenvox

Post by 65fenvox »

bubbles_horwitz wrote:i've only ever played a vista jagmaster and it was fantastic.
Agreed. The Vista series was just perfect.
I had one for a few months, loved it, but gave it to a good friend that was moving very far away. It seemed like a good going away present as I had 9 guitars at the time.
I still remember it as a great guitar. You should buy a Vista Jagmaster, Burbz.
Wonka

Post by Wonka »

Personally if I were going that route I would look for a Supersonic as it is unique & then down the road you may also pick up a jag. Just make sure to stay away from Scumbag silver sparkle.
"The suspence is terrible, I hope it lasts!"
65fenvox

Post by 65fenvox »

Wonka wrote:Personally if I were going that route I would look for a Supersonic as it is unique & then down the road you may also pick up a jag. Just make sure to stay away from Scumbag silver sparkle.
LOL! Thats the best way I've ever heard the silver sparkle put!!
Basically, you cant go wrong with any one of them.
jeff

Post by jeff »

When did they go to 24" on these things? Damn, now I have to get one. It's great that Fender is building a cheap true short scale guitar again.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

i just can't get into those pickguards, though. for $250, though, you could get yourself a helluva template for an hh jag. with another $100 in parts, you're there.
aphasiac

Re: So I think I'm gonna get a Jagmaster...

Post by aphasiac »

TheBurbz wrote: I know a couple of people have them, please share your thoughts on these guitars.
I owned one of the newer 24" scale ones for a while. Used it as my main guitar for gigging and practising for about a year.

Yeh its REALLY nice, great balance, great neck (i'd say the neck on the jagmaster was better than the neck on the jaguar HH), pickups sounded good though the neck pickup could get a little muddy (you need to lower it). But yeh amazing guitars for the price, think mine was £140 off ebay. Only problem is it had a Seymour Duncan Invader in the bridge, which is easyily the worst pickup EVER. But the duncan designed pickups were ace.
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

if you are looking for a 24" acle ajgmaster then i have on to sell!
currently all that i have is the neck, body, and i will make you a guard out of anything you like and stick some paf gfs copy pups in it with some pots for 200.00 usd.
i tinted the neck about a week agao. the body is burst with some holes in it from a prs bridge and a b-bender.
all in all
jagmaster
with all you want(minus wiring) for 200.00
i was hoping to re-brand theneck and sell it for at least 100.00
(shamless add)
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

I think they look brilliant.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

I'd love to get one of those, get a custom tort scratchy from RobOG set up for P90s. BALLSY JAZZMASTER
NickS

Post by NickS »

Wonka wrote:Personally if I were going that route I would look for a Supersonic as it is unique & then down the road you may also pick up a jag. Just make sure to stay away from Scumbag silver sparkle.
I wonder whether this one's gone?
http://leeds.gumtree.com/leeds/21/17478421.html
Missing 1 knob, he says. The guitar, that is.
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

Shit. How much is he selling it for?
euan
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

euan wrote:Shit. How much is he selling it for?
FFS Euan, it is pay day. Noooo.
euan
NickS

Post by NickS »

In the title of the linked page - only £200.
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

NickS wrote:In the title of the linked page - only £200.
Can't get gumtree in work.
euan
NickS

Post by NickS »

It was 1st Jan, so probably not still there or he'd have relisted? [edit] But he hasn't deleted..[/edit]
Squire supersonic vista range, limited edition (white) (£200) Reply to: James whitaker 07748486825 Date: Tuesday 1st January
On the 16th January 1997 Fender released a new range of affordable stylish guitars under the name Squier. This range was to be called the ‘Vista Series’ and consisted of the Super-Sonic.
. All Super-Sonics came with a white/black/white sandwich pick guard and 24″ scale, 22 fret neck with ’skunk stripe’. This was made of maple. The fingerboards were all rosewood and the unique yet classic, almost mirrored Jagmaster/Jaguar body was crafted from basswood.

IN GOOD CONDITION NOT BEEN PLAYED IN A FEW YEARS, THESE GUITARS ARE WELL KNOWN FOR THEIR SUPERB SOUND,
do not be put off by the squire name there are plenty of web sites dedicated to the vista range:
http://squiersupersonic.co.uk/

in good condition just missing volume knob
TheBurbz

Post by TheBurbz »

:D I ordered that pretty black one with white pickguard that Mike posted, can't wait to get it.
Are you a Wizard?
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Nice one - looks great.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

Doog wrote:I'd love to get one of those, get a custom tort scratchy from RobOG set up for P90s. BALLSY JAZZMASTER
another brilliant option.

i'll have to see if any of the local guitar centers are carrying one in stock. i like how solid and heavy the hh feels, and i just hope the squier isn't some light, flimsy ordeal.