Lipsticks in a Jag

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

drasp

Lipsticks in a Jag

Post by drasp »

Okay, I know this isn't new territory, but I thought I'd ask for feedback from any of you who may've gotten "all Verlaine up in thar'" with your Jags and replaced the p'ups with lipsticks. Feedback me!

I'm pretty tempted to pick up at least one (get it, pickup?) from GFS to give a try. I think the 'guard would need to be cut differently, but plenty of folks hate red CIJ/MIJ tort, so I should be able to find a spare.

Maybe just replace 1x? Which one? Hmm, I probably use the bridge the most, but I do like switching to the rhythm circuit for heavy fuzz'd stuff. . .

I'm thinking outloud here - I'm just glad we're back! :oops:

Here:

jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

lipsticks work in any fender, really.
LimpDickCheney

Post by LimpDickCheney »

That is Tom Verlaine from the booklet for Television's Adventure CD. I believe that is a Charlie Christian pickup.
drasp

Re: Lipsticks in a Jag

Post by drasp »

Yeah,. . .that's what I meant when I said this in my OP:
drasp wrote:"all Verlaine up in thar'" with your Jags and replaced the p'ups with lipsticks.
Verlaine is probably my ultimate favorite guitarist, or right up there. I'm a huge fan of Television (of course) and his solo work, hence my desire to shamelessly rip him off.

It's a lipstick, not a Charlie Christian. A Charlie Christian looks like this:

DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

I can't tell from that pic of him. It looks like either. The guitar I would like to see lipsticks in would be the Mustang, since the trem has that same shape.
Yell Like Hell
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

It's either a lipstick in a mounting ring or a charlie christian. The latter would be much more interesting.
Shabba.
drasp

Post by drasp »

Well, there are plenty of articles that mention Verlaine's Lipstick-equiped Jag. I'm not guessing - this is known info. I'm just asking if anyone here has feedback or personal experience with Lipsticks in their own Jags. ;)
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Thats one of the original Dano pickups for sure in that picture.
RumorsOFsurF

Post by RumorsOFsurF »

Who the fuck is Tom Verlaine? :twisted:
LimpDickCheney

Post by LimpDickCheney »

RumorsOFsurF wrote:Who the fuck is Tom Verlaine? :twisted:
I think Richard Lloyd has a t-shirt with that on it.

James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

Before this thread I had no idea myself, but it seems that you could stand to be a little more observant.

From this very thread:
LimpDickCheney wrote:That is Tom Verlaine from the booklet for Television's Adventure CD.
drasp wrote:Verlaine is probably my ultimate favorite guitarist, or right up there. I'm a huge fan of Television....
Shabba.
RumorsOFsurF

Post by RumorsOFsurF »

James wrote:
Before this thread I had no idea myself, but it seems that you could stand to be a little more observant.

From this very thread:
LimpDickCheney wrote:That is Tom Verlaine from the booklet for Television's Adventure CD.
drasp wrote:Verlaine is probably my ultimate favorite guitarist, or right up there. I'm a huge fan of Television....
I know who Tom Verlaine is, that was my attempt at being cheeky. :roll:
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

Oliver from A Place To Bury Strangers and Death BY Audio has lipsticks in a Jag, but he bypasses all the pots to have teh ultra treble.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
drasp

Post by drasp »

aen wrote:Oliver from A Place To Bury Strangers and Death BY Audio has lipsticks in a Jag, but he bypasses all the pots to have teh ultra treble.
Sweeeeeeet:

Good info! I really dug the scenes with DBA/Oliver in that Fuzz documentary. I want to live in a crazy art collective & build noisemakers & do screen printing and shit. . .
Will
Up on his Whore Lore

Post by Will »

aen wrote:Image
I never liked white jags until now - seriously, is teh sex.

Lipsticks + Short Scale = Boner Pants
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Post by timhulio »

I've always wanted a Jag with lipsticks, but settled for a duo with these instead.

It's a great idea, although I'd like to see how you overcome the mounting issues.