Marauder

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

dazed&abused

Marauder

Post by dazed&abused »

Anyone any idea what all the switches do on the Marauder II?
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

hm... i don't really know but maybe the one on the control plate (near the vol and tone knobs) is like an on/off ? haha
then the black ones on the top horn might be like the ones on mustangs (put pu's out of phase, select), the three white vertical switches on the bottom horn might be to switch each pickup on or off ?
oh and the single switch way on top off the top horn might be like on les pauls like a lead/rythm maybe ?

hope somone with more knowledge will add some more accurate information to this, i'm curious too .. oh and that thing is <3
dazed&abused

Post by dazed&abused »

i think the black ones are rollers a'la jag/jazz, with the rythm circuit thing next to them. I reckon yr right about the three pickup ones, fuck knows about the two next to em tho.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

There was guy on the FDP who had one and explained what all the switches do, on his version anyways. There were different Marauders.
dazed&abused

Post by dazed&abused »

this is the first one, looks gay in comparison if you ask me, not that you did but i'm telling you anyway. GAY

Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

dazed&abused wrote:this is the first one, looks gay in comparison if you ask me, not that you did but i'm telling you anyway. GAY

there is definitely something wrong with this one. this pickguard is not og. it looks someone wedged a jazzmaster pickguard in there and what's with the routing from the controls to the trem? and all that space around the bridge?
dazed&abused

Post by dazed&abused »

yr right, tho apparantly the trem required a huge amount space. doesnt look like it from here tho.
dazed&abused

Post by dazed&abused »

on the subject of marauders, what do people think of these...

gibson marauder
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

dazed&abused wrote:on the subject of marauders, what do people think of these...

gibson marauder
I think Doog and couple others have expressed a like for them, i think they're one of the worst guitars Gibson made.
dazed&abused

Post by dazed&abused »

i think they're one of the worst guitars Gibson made
why? surely that'll be some metal monstrosity loaded with emgs and other sillyness, and probably pointy and heavy. An explorer, basically.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

reminds me of the first act lola

RumorsOFsurF

Re: Marauder

Post by RumorsOFsurF »

dazed&abused wrote:Anyone any idea what all the switches do on the Marauder II?
They make my pants tight. :oops:
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

i think aen said that blue marauder was by him, and he had seen it in real life before, said it definitl looked like a prototype model.
it would be cool to connect with someone that could cut metal and essentially make an exact marauder replica.
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

dazed&abused wrote:Image

yr right, tho apparantly the trem required a huge amount space. doesnt look like it from here tho.
holy crapzorz! I don't even know what's going on with that one and I want it. Fat chance of that
Yell Like Hell
Jagermeister

Post by Jagermeister »

I scanned this a long time ago for the fags on offset, now you guys can have it too.

It could have been the perfect(ish)est Fender, maybe, but who'll ever know.

frets, SLANT!!!

astro

Post by astro »

I've never heard of the fender Marauder... the blue one in the first post is HAWT!

Since I'm a virgin to these Marauders, could anyone enlighten me, or give me a link with info? I'm dying to know more about this guitar!

And the other pics, is it me or are there no pickups? Or do they use some kind of piezo type thing?
Jagermeister

Post by Jagermeister »

It's a Fender that they almost made, but didn't. IIRC CBS first tried to change it from that first incarnation with the pups under the guard (which actually made it to catalogs apparently) to the more conventional (?) design with normal pickups after it was discovered that the former idea just didn't work well, and then after trying slanty frets out on it decided not to make it altogether.

I like the version with the Mustangish trem (my fave trem), and all the switches/starcaster stock... though slanty frets are novel.

Note the big Bass VI bridge on the slanty version so it could intonate, lol.

BTW my friend's dad has a Gibson Marauder, but he apparently never plays it now that he owns a strat, and neither have I. Maybe I can buy it off of him... looks interesting in any case.
astro

Post by astro »

Jagermeister wrote:It's a Fender that they almost made, but didn't. IIRC CBS first tried to change it from that first incarnation with the pups under the guard (which actually made it to catalogs apparently) to the more conventional (?) design with normal pickups after it was discovered that the former idea just didn't work well, and then after trying slanty frets out on it decided not to make it altogether.

I like the version with the Mustangish trem (my fave trem), and all the switches/starcaster stock... though slanty frets are novel.

Note the big Bass VI bridge on the slanty version so it could intonate, lol.
Thanks for the info!

What's the idea behind slanting frets? I assume its to make playing easier, but how?
Jagermeister

Post by Jagermeister »

...some ricks have them, but I won't find pics.

Uhh apparently they make things more comfortable. Never played a neck with them, don't ask me if they do or not :lol:
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

dazed&abused wrote:
i think they're one of the worst guitars Gibson made
why? surely that'll be some metal monstrosity loaded with emgs and other sillyness, and probably pointy and heavy. An explorer, basically.
UGH

An explorer is way better than that, you can always take emg's out aghh. UGH, every post I read by you is irritating. Who are you? Where did you come from? You are a terrible poster.

STEP YOUR GAME UP.

You're the worst poster opinions wise since blazedcrackrockz24-7-365rotationofthesunguitartheif