82 squier strat 1200 bucks. 12 BIDS !!! ?!!?!!

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

82 squier strat 1200 bucks. 12 BIDS !!! ?!!?!!

Post by robroe »

i never knew that early JV's were this popular....

http://cgi.ebay.com/1982-FENDER-JAPAN-S ... dZViewItem

jesus.
dots wrote:incesticide
deadonkey
Sweetheart of the Rodeo

Post by deadonkey »

too much bucks for a squier strat, but looks like an ace guitar
everything is not going to be alright
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Love the colour scheme.
Will
Up on his Whore Lore

Post by Will »

The earliest squiers were made from NOS Fender parts from the sixties - they really sound fantastic and feel great.

not $1200 great, though
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

that guitar is really sexy.
no doubt, its sexy
RumorsOFsurF

Post by RumorsOFsurF »

DuoSonicBoy wrote:The earliest squiers were made from NOS Fender parts from the sixties - they really sound fantastic and feel great.

not $1200 great, though
You sure about that? I'm not arguing...I really don't know. It just sounds like an urban legend started by Ebay sellers wanting to squeeze more money out of unwitting buyers.

I just find it hard to believe that Fender just had a bunch of old 60's guitar parts laying around for 15-20 years, then decided to send them over to Japan to build guitars with.
izodiak

Post by izodiak »

Sounds impossible, but mkey , anywho, the guitar looks beautiful..
kim wrote:plankton people will be plankton people
Justin J

Post by Justin J »

almost looks like maui blue.
boyecho

Post by boyecho »

color is gorgeous.

absolutely gorgeous. that's the color i've had in my head to lay down on a jazzmaster but i haven't found anything in real life that comes close enough. it's like a sonic blue with a little tealish and yellow thrown in thanks to aging.

under the guard it's like a brighter daphne.
BobArsecake
a mannequin made by madmen

Post by BobArsecake »

That guitar is bloody gorgeous D:
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Post by timhulio »

It's okay. The poly finish is a bit "hey look at me I'm bright blue".

But the price... jeez! I bought a custom shop relic for way less than that last week.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

RumorsOFsurF wrote:
DuoSonicBoy wrote:The earliest squiers were made from NOS Fender parts from the sixties - they really sound fantastic and feel great.

not $1200 great, though
You sure about that? I'm not arguing...I really don't know. It just sounds like an urban legend started by Ebay sellers wanting to squeeze more money out of unwitting buyers.

I just find it hard to believe that Fender just had a bunch of old 60's guitar parts laying around for 15-20 years, then decided to send them over to Japan to build guitars with.
agreed.
ElCapitan

Post by ElCapitan »

that is a hot guitar, albeit 1200 is ridiculous.
iCEByTes wrote:now start drools please
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

timhulio wrote:It's okay. The poly finish is a bit "hey look at me I'm bright blue".

But the price... jeez! I bought a custom shop relic for way less than that last week.

like this ? Image

hahahah
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Post by timhulio »

Pacafeliz

Post by Pacafeliz »

the time has come... i KNEW IT!!! :twisted:
JV are supposed to be WAY above the standarts of those times (early 80s)... FANTASTIC guitars and well... i'm poor and all, but i think they ARE worth that kinda dough.
i picked up my SQ (big head 70's-look) squiers at around $100 a piece, and they've been selling near the $500 line lately. i've had several real 70s fenders but these SQ's are WAY better, in EVERY way. the feel, the looks, the sound etc. - plus, the weight's alright (unlike the les paul-ish heavy US fenders of the era).

ok i'm a bit biased, i know... but... oh well.

Pat.
my name is Pat.
FLICKOFLASH

Post by FLICKOFLASH »

When Fender was sold the 50's machinery & old stock from the old factory was shipped to fender/Japan . While they were setting up the new fender custom shop , Squire was making Fenders. I was clued in to buy the series that had the shell pink & maybe this one as well as I was told they would become collectable
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

FLICKOFLASH wrote:When Fender was sold the 50's machinery & old stock from the old factory was shipped to fender/Japan . While they were setting up the new fender custom shop , Squire was making Fenders. I was clued in to buy the series that had the shell pink & maybe this one as well as I was told they would become collectable
er, no. Fender Japan didn't exist when CBS bought fender USA. When Bill Schultz told cbs to GTFO, he sent production to the japanese factory, where they still knew how to make guitars while he saved fender US and taught everybody how to make motherfuckng guitars.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

aen wrote:
FLICKOFLASH wrote:When Fender was sold the 50's machinery & old stock from the old factory was shipped to fender/Japan . While they were setting up the new fender custom shop , Squire was making Fenders. I was clued in to buy the series that had the shell pink & maybe this one as well as I was told they would become collectable
er, no. Fender Japan didn't exist when CBS bought fender USA. When Bill Schultz told cbs to GTFO, he sent production to the japanese factory, where they still knew how to make guitars while he saved fender US and taught everybody how to make motherfuckng guitars.
I think thats basically what he was saying. For a while Fenders were being made only in Japan while the US lot were being sorted out. The company that makes Fenders in Japan is not actually Fender but the license everything from them.
euan