A Gibson body

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

izodiak

A Gibson body

Post by izodiak »

This Gibson body Do You think its worth investing in ? Putting the electronics in and then selling for more, in Latvia it would go as high as 1200$/1000$ ? (and if it sounds for me, then I would keep it ?)
kim wrote:plankton people will be plankton people
dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

If my memory serves me right, these go for about $800 new. If it goes cheep enough, it may be worth it. I would think that's a better project as a player rather then a money maker.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

dodgedartdave wrote:If my memory serves me right, these go for about $800 new. If it goes cheep enough, it may be worth it. I would think that's a better project as a player rather then a money maker.
+1

I would agree. Great as a player to deisgn how you would want it. But, if you were to factor in shipping to Latvia, as well as the cost and shipping to get all Gibson parts, and the labor, you would not make any money on it for your time. Also, unlike Fenders and other parts guitars, Gibson fans do not take to their guitas being modified as much as fenders due. It tends to hurt their value. So, you couldnlt go get some mighty mite or GFS pups for cheap and expect it to sell for Gibson prices.
They say great minds think alike....Sometimes we do too...
dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

mickie08 wrote:
dodgedartdave wrote:If my memory serves me right, these go for about $800 new. If it goes cheep enough, it may be worth it. I would think that's a better project as a player rather then a money maker.
+1

I would agree. Great as a player to deisgn how you would want it. But, if you were to factor in shipping to Latvia, as well as the cost and shipping to get all Gibson parts, and the labor, you would not make any money on it for your time. Also, unlike Fenders and other parts guitars, Gibson fans do not take to their guitas being modified as much as fenders due. It tends to hurt their value. So, you couldnlt go get some mighty mite or GFS pups for cheap and expect it to sell for Gibson prices.
very true. boy, we're just in agreement all over the place today.
izodiak

Post by izodiak »

Well the plan was - if I like the sound then I keep it.. Cause Im not much of a gibson guy, but this looks lovely. And the shipping would be only as much to US, cause I have a friend who works in US to Latvia shipping company. Well, Ill try if the price doesn't exceed 300$ (for the neck and body) Im going to get it, cause it looks nice. (Thanks for the advice)
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

Fuck dude. If i had the cash i would definitley buy it. I've wanted a doublecut lp jr IWTH THE P90'ZZZZ for soo long.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

then again, for that cheap, it miht be one of hte FADED series. UUUUGH.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

oh it is:
(Please note: the guitar is factory faded and is considered mint from the factory with this fading.)
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

You can probably get one with all the pickups and shit for $500.
Fuck this auction asshole.
izodiak

Post by izodiak »

So its only 4h left, then I should keep the money. ah, okey. Why the faded series are so bad ? Thanks for the info .. I really dont know, I just liked the color and the idea of P90s haha.