i'm thinking of taking the plunge

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

light rail coyote wrote:Buy a sheraton. I got an old 90's one for 465 yesterday and It plays just as good as any gibson, just has a thinner neck, and fancy binding and blocks and stuff.
If I was going to get a gibson I'd get a 347 cause they're way cooler looking and have fancier electronics.
Do you mean es-345?

I'm not sure what a 347 is.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

yea, 347? you mean this?

ok, cool. it looks pretty much the same though, just with a fancy tailpiece thing.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Also it has those horrendouz dirty fingerz humbuckers. The es-345 is the one that usually comes with a varitone and split inlays.
Progrockabuse

Post by Progrockabuse »

http://arts.guardian.co.uk/features/sto ... 79,00.html
i found this article about how johnny marr gave bernard butler his es-335 12 string that marr used on strangeways here we come. plus it state that bernards guitar is an es- 355. so i is after a 355 style tokai/greco or similar and i shall play animal nitrate on it when i've finished lol hehe

any one know what gear he used to use? i'm trying to get my flanger to sound like animal nitrate and cant get it right.
Fender Classic Player 60’s Stratocaster>East Coast T1 Tele>
Epiphone Les Paul SL>Ovation 12 String acoustic>Peavey Strat DIY Relic

Marshall Origin 20H>James’s old purple 2x10
Marshall MG10 Combo

1 time host of PROGFEST
mewithoutus

Post by mewithoutus »

light rail coyote wrote:Buy a sheraton.
**happy**

excellent guitar. i LOVE mine. i did a long winded review of it on Harmony Central.

it just boils down to the fit, finish, playability, and sound of this instrument impressed me a ton. plays really great, really awesome neck, great sounds even from the epi pickups, and i mean, look at it. its one of the prettiest guitars at that price point. definitely worth looking at.
rich people say fuck yeah hey hey
heavium wrote:grow a bat army in my room and train them to attack when someone comes in
light rail coyote

Post by light rail coyote »

mage wrote:yea, 347? you mean this?

ok, cool. it looks pretty much the same though, just with a fancy tailpiece thing.
it's got fancy blocks and binding, and a toggle for in and out of phase. I had to restring one at the guitar shop and I ended up playing it all day. it was lovely