Ok this is the best thing I've ever found in a Pawn Shop.

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Richard

Post by Richard »

Doog wrote:The grass suggests Richard has been rolling about in fields with his new love..
Sadly, there weren't any other people around to take pictures.
Richard

Post by Richard »

For Miek. No more stickers.

jon183 wrote:SHUT THE HECK UP!! you found that in our home town?! dangit! ill buy it from you, heh. sick buy dude
Yep, it was in the Pawn Shop behind Car Spa at the corner of Lynnhaven Pkwy and Holland Rd.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Richard wrote:
Fran wrote:Well done idiot.
Why did you take the stickers off?
I couldn't handle the AFI and Rancid. They rawk waaay too hard for my guitar.
I know dude, i was kidding anyway. Well done.. she's a beauty! ;)
filtercap

Post by filtercap »

Richard just put the PWN in PaWN.

Congrats! And +1 to stickerlessness.
Tex-czech

Post by Tex-czech »

since it's 97, is it an "old" CAR color, darker than the recent CAR colors coming out of japan now?

my best find was a 1996 SB mustang for $375 meh.
-Joe
Mr.Ripley

Post by Mr.Ripley »

:x how could u take off thunderkatz it was there to keep all your geeter's mojo arrows from flying away!
Richard

Post by Richard »

Tex-czech wrote:since it's 97, is it an "old" CAR color, darker than the recent CAR colors coming out of japan now?

my best find was a 1996 SB mustang for $375 meh.
Old Candy Apple Red, or OCR, is actually a newer Fender Japan color that is made to look like an aged Candy Apple Red. This one is the normal CAR.
Richard

Post by Richard »

filtercap wrote:Richard just put the PWN in PaWN.
Hahaha thanks.
handen

Post by handen »

Did it have the Mustang bridge when you got it?
Richard

Post by Richard »

Nah it had the Jazzmaster/Jaguar saddles, but some were missing grub screws so I put the Mustang saddles in it. I would actually prefer the stock ones.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Lovely.
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

If you got it for $225 sticker price, tht means some poor sonofabitch sold his jag for $100 or less.

Clearly, you are the cooler person, so it's okay, its just hard to imagine someone being that dumb. Or desperate for drugs.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
Jagermeister

Post by Jagermeister »

Richard wrote:
Old Candy Apple Red, or OCR, is actually a newer Fender Japan color that is made to look like an aged Candy Apple Red. This one is the normal CAR.
It doesn't, IMO, though it probably simulates an old guitar better than Gibson's "faded" series, so I can't complain... And the OLPB looks about 100x better than Fender Japan's normal LPB...

My fave way for CAR to age is for it to go to a near orangish copper, I hope that in 1 million years my CIJag will age to that point, by then the wood will probably have rotted away, but the finish will survive no doubt.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

Jagermeister wrote:My fave way for CAR to age is for it to go to a near orangish copper, I hope that in 1 million years my CIJag will age to that point, by then the wood will probably have rotted away, but the finish will survive no doubt.
I think it happens that way because it's trans red over shoreline gold so over the years the red wears away letting you see more of the gold. but yea, that is definitely the coolest. I wonder how long it actually takes a poly finish to wear. because if it's just like plastic, look at the knobs on old strats, they're all worn down, so I mean poly should wear down eventually.
holyCATS1415

Post by holyCATS1415 »

aen wrote:If you got it for $225 sticker price, tht means some poor sonofabitch sold his jag for $100 or less.

Clearly, you are the cooler person, so it's okay, its just hard to imagine someone being that dumb. Or desperate for drugs.
$100 if he was EXTREMELY lucky
luke

Post by luke »

I'm guessing it was more of a case of him forgetting to pay it off in time and they reclaimed it. Nobody would intentionally give that away for $100 or whatever. Unless it's stolen. :?
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

holyCATS1415 wrote:
aen wrote:If you got it for $225 sticker price, tht means some poor sonofabitch sold his jag for $100 or less.

$100 if he was EXTREMELY lucky

I would have (had i been working in said pawnshop) paid $200 for it. Or offered him $250 if he could wait a day and come to my house.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
holyCATS1415

Post by holyCATS1415 »

Malik wrote:I'm guessing it was more of a case of him forgetting to pay it off in time and they reclaimed it. Nobody would intentionally give that away for $100 or whatever. Unless it's stolen. :?
It is very hard to get more than $20 for anything you're trying to sell to a pawnshop

p.s. that is the best pawnshop score i have ever seen
Will
Up on his Whore Lore

Post by Will »

It was probably stolen, or sold by angry parents. I've had friends lose good stuff to angry parents.
vic108

Post by vic108 »

Well, Virginia Beach being a Military town, someone could have needed some cash quick.
All the best pawn shops are in towns like that.....

and yes, only about 2 hours from where I am..... I am sooooooo jealous!
Pop culture destroys everything it touches