My uncle officially rocks THAT much harder...

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

SickenedEmotions99

My uncle officially rocks THAT much harder...

Post by SickenedEmotions99 »

Yo guys. Been a while since I posted on here...

Anyway, last weekend my uncle was up from Delaware and he presented me with his Hagstrom Viking 1N! He got a new Epiphone Dot Studio and apparently likes it a lot, so he gave me the Hagstrom to keep! Last time I borrowed it for about a year and totally fell in love with it. This thing practically plays itself! It's still in great condition as well. The tuners and TOM are about 2 years old, but otherwise this thing is original. The pickups sound killer on pretty much ANY setting! The Bridge volume knob is a tad scratchy, but I never use it so I won't even bother messing with it.

astro

Post by astro »

That's a beautiful guitar! Nice score. How old is it?
SickenedEmotions99

Mid 70's. That's really all I know. I'll eventually do some research and figure out what it is exactly. For now I'm still having too much fun playing it. I've barely put it down since he gave it to me. I actually played it in the diner where we were. haha As he was leaving he took it out of the trunk of his car and gave it to me.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Another member of the shortscale.org viking club.

Here's mine:

Great guitars, love mine, though it still needs a bit of work. Never played a 70's with those humbuckers. I've never been crazy about the F-holes in those 70's models though.....but for a free Hagstrom who's complaining.
gaybear
Inventor of the Blues

Re: My uncle officially rocks THAT much harder...

Post by gaybear »

SickenedEmotions99 wrote:Yo guys. Been a while since I posted on here...

Anyway, last weekend my uncle was up from Delaware and he presented me with his Hagstrom Viking 1N! He got a new Epiphone Dot Studio and apparently likes it a lot, so he gave me the Hagstrom to keep! Last time I borrowed it for about a year and totally fell in love with it. This thing practically plays itself! It's still in great condition as well. The tuners and TOM are about 2 years old, but otherwise this thing is original. The pickups sound killer on pretty much ANY setting! The Bridge volume knob is a tad scratchy, but I never use it so I won't even bother messing with it.

that looks super playable.
plopswagon wrote: Drunk and disorderly conduct is the cradle of democracy.
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Post by timhulio »

I've got a serious need for one of those later Vikings with a centre block. Shame the nice tuners are missing. I think the proper ones look great.

Here are my Vikings. The red one now has a new bridge and is close to being the guitar I play most at the moment.

Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

cool thredz rule ok
shae
teh koolsie

Post by shae »

That's hot. Hope you enjoy your new geet-fiddle man. I've been looking at those new reissues with the same headstock (I don't really like the Strat-like headstock) but I haven't come across one that played as nice as the price it demands. But I won't give up my search :-)
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

Now I have sickened emotions. You can find Van Ghent tuners on sleazebay. It may take a while, but they come up. Those might be nicer than the ones i had.
Yell Like Hell
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Also, GOOD LUCK finding an original pickguard for it if you're after one. I'd just about kill for a gold lettered one for mine (the original is cracked and rattles on the pup covers a bit when I play hard). There's one guy that's got a shithole of an online store that has a few hagstrom parts, he wants like $140 for a pickguard. Fuck that.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

dude, the dot studio is rad but I don't know if I'd be giving away any hagstroms because I got one (I mean, I do have one. but I never had a hagstrom :P ). anyway, awesome guitar and awesome uncle.
cogito ergo sum...thing or other...
SickenedEmotions99

I like all of your Hags Tim. Those 2 are especially sweet.

I'm content with the current parts on mine, and I'm not really interested in a pickguard. I don't really have a use for it, so going through all sorts of trouble tracking one down doesn't seem like a smart move.
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

I am insanely jealous right now! I wish I had another musician in my family that could give me some sweet guitars like that!