Mustang Reissues and their deletion

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Will
Up on his Whore Lore

Post by Will »

Mike is down to, like, 2 1/2 guitars right now, an 1 of them is a 40 quid flying V.

I say go for it - life is too short to live mustang-less. Just don't let this affect yr duo-sonic, cause that thing is crazy pretty and it needs to get finished and demoed NOW.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

downer wrote:
Mike wrote:I hear ya.

It's quite annoying, because I've been hitting approx £200-£300 into my credit card each month for about 6 months to pay it off and now it's finally clear I start fantasizing with fucking myself in the face again, like the idiot I am, right when I'm going to be gigging and rehearsing with a full band less often for a few months as our drummer is having a kid.

I'm a fucking idiot.
why dont you sell one of your guitars and get the daphne mustang if you love it so much?
i had it, but wasnt satisfied, it looks wonderful but my 69 reissue felt much better. the neck was great
I own:

a Baja Telecaster (£389 - my main guitar - would never sell, would never get anything about £300 for it)
a Flying V copy - £40 relic'd by Hurb. This will be in the shortscale family for life.
a Robert Original Project Duo Sonic II. Nearly complete. Will never sell, Robert made it for me and he's my friend.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

i'll buy a couple of your pedals if you decide to make any more and you can stick the proceeds towards it.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

I'm always making them mate.

If you fancy something at any point just have a wander through my thread in the Whorehouse and see what I've build or shoot me a pm. Thanks bud.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

in case you ever wondered what this shit looks like with white pickups and switches. i know i have.

btw it looks like shit

Q: Hi. I am interested in your guitar, but find the shipping cost a bit high. I am not trying to be rude or argumentative. Would you be willing to re-consider shipping cost to south-central PA. zipcode 16673. Thank you for your time and consideration. Aug-05-08
A: Shipping cost includes the following: A $10 flat charge for a virgin double walled box (my cost) and standard UPS shipping with full insurance. Everything else, including the heavy Poly-Styrofoam padding, tape, gas, and transportation time to UPS, is thrown in at no additional charge. At $46.71, what could you possibly be complaining about? Sure, I could try dumpster diving in back of my local music store, use shredded paper to line the box and ship parcel post but is that really a risk that either of us want to take? You get what you pay for. If you buy a nice guitar (like this is), make the effort and treat it right. Also remember I’m in Florida which isn’t around the corner. In other words, consider the shipping cost and bid accordingly… and don’t for a second think I’m here to rip anyone off because my shipping cost is dead fair considering the effort and quality I give.

hahahah HE LINES THE BOX WITH VIRGINS FUCKING DOUBLE VIRGINS !!!!! THAT SHIT IS HOT
dots wrote:incesticide
downer

Post by downer »

stewart wrote:i'll buy a couple of your pedals if you decide to make any more and you can stick the proceeds towards it.
good idea, i was thinking, lets send mike some money, but this is better..
mike, you will get busy right now.
and your guitars, why the hell Flying V???
I don't know, I don't care, all I know is you can take me there
Will
Up on his Whore Lore

Post by Will »

robroe wrote:Image
I just made a little mess on my new computer.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

downer wrote:
stewart wrote:i'll buy a couple of your pedals if you decide to make any more and you can stick the proceeds towards it.
good idea, i was thinking, lets send mike some money, but this is better..
mike, you will get busy right now.
and your guitars, why the hell Flying V???
hahah.. it was £40 dude!
For pure comedy you can't beat it. You should watch the Doogfest videos in the pub of it being rocked.

Nah you guys don't need to send me money, I wouldn't accept it, but some business in the form of pedals would be nice.

God that looks GASH Rob, the black stuff looks so much nicer.
Justin J

Post by Justin J »

mike i played a used daphne reissue at guitar center yesterday. they wanted $570 for it. if you wanted to buy it, i'd be willing to pick it up and ship it to you.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

That's.. um. *goes to xe.com*

£292...

How much do you reckon it would cost to ship it? I would anticipate getting dinged for maybe £100 at Customs (I don't know how it works but that's inline with other stuff I've been taxed on)..

so £392 + shipping.

Unfortunately we're sailing perilously close to the price of a new one with Warranty and all that jazz over here (£499), plus introducing shipping and it's hazards into the bargain. I appreciate it bubbles, but that's probably still too expensive to make it worthwhile. By the way, how did you like it?
benecol

Post by benecol »

How it works is: take the cost of the guitar and the cost of shipping (bastards) and multiply by (for electric guitars) 22% - that's what your customs charge will be, plus of course, Parcelforce's comedy fee. For the mirth. USPS have always been the best US to UK shippers, in my experience. Every now and then (maybe one in five?) a guitar nips through with no customs charge; it's an imprecise science, but if you ship it to your work address rather than a private address, then it'll have a slightly higher chance of dodging the fees (they assume the business is picking up/absorbing the VAT).
Justin J

Post by Justin J »

it was pretty nice. the neck was great. felt just like the neck on the mij jag i got from mustache, which feels similar to the neck on my '62. it did have some weird scuffs on the bottom, but they looked like they might wash/wetsand out.
i'm sure that price isn't exactly set in stone, but then there is the 8.25% sales tax here in california. i can get discounted shipping rates from work (and free packing supplies), but i've found that nine times out of ten, usps is cheaper. actually, i just checked on their website and it looks like it'd probably cost between $60 and $100 to ship.
the offer still stands if you decide you want to do it.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

I appreciate the offer but I think for the saving it probably doesn't really make sense to not get a new one in a couple of months time that I'll have the fallback of Warranty and that to bitch people out if I'm unhappy with anything. Not to mention I don't actually have the money at this point in time to give to you.

I really do appreciate it though, mate. Thanks for thinking of me.
astro

Post by astro »

I once had a guitar shipped to me from the USA in a disassembled state, and the customs slip said "broken guitar for parts, $50 value". I dodged the customs, but of course you can't insure it for more than $50 doing it that way.
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Post by timhulio »

Was there ever an AV series Mustang, or did I dream that? If so, what colours?
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Nope.

I thought the current '65 one was American or Mexican but it's not, it's Japanese.

There's never been a non-Japanese Mustang reissue, according to RobRoe. and he's the MAN.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

i shipped out the malikcaster as "gutiar body" 100 dollar value with the gift area checked
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

the only USA mustang i can think of is Casey's from hotrod circuit. the orange one is actually one of the ones from ishabasi that he sent in to have upgraded, and the green one i think is all USA made by john cruz at fender CS.

...i think....its been a while since i read my intereview with him
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

I want a Warmoth Lefty Ash Mustang with Maple Neck please.
euan
benecol

Post by benecol »

Mike wrote: There's never been a non-Japanese Mustang reissue, according to RobRoe. and he's the MAN.
Which is a good thing - I love Japanese guitars.