I miss my old Musicmaster!!

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Thomas

I miss my old Musicmaster!!

Post by Thomas »

I've been out of the guitar game for a couple of years now and I'm trying to get back into it. During my downtime I sold off my 66 Mustang and my 70s Musicmaster. The mustang was no big loss as I mainly used the MM cos 99% of the time I use the neck pickup and it had a lovely A width neck which was much easier to wrangle and sing at the same time.

Well now I'm getting back into playing I'm really missing the MM so if anyone hears of an 'A' neck going for a good price let me know, it'd be good to get a project going and to build it around the neck.

I only have a photo of a photo of my old mm, but here it is, I put the chrome plate on it cos the pickguard was too feeble at the jack:

So what guitars have you had, passed on to someone else and really regretted it? Any interesting stories?
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

i dreamed of a u.s. jaguar.
bought an ocean turq 2003 american jaguar, had it for a lil over 2 years and then had to sell it to save a dogs life.
ever since then i have hated myself for it, but im glad i did becuz i love the dog more than any guitar.
i have never really sold any guitar that i regretted besides that one.
i know i would never sell my tele or my j.s.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

At least you had a good reason to sell it. I would have done the same in your shoes. Sometimes real life gets in the way of things.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

I had a '76 and '78 MM and sold them, i dont miss them but they were really nice guitars and i can see why you miss yours. Luckily for you, MM's are the last 'Vintage' Fenders to escape big prices. You should be able to pick one up cheaper than any new US Fender.
rodvonbon

Post by rodvonbon »

70's Mustang and I miss it dearly. It was my main guitar in the late 80's, early 90's. I quit
playing it and sold it for 200 bucks. Even if I had it now I doubt I would play it that much,
but I'd like to have it back for sentimental reasons.
BTW Dino, welcome to the boards.
Life is "Pointless......but manageable"
Richard

Post by Richard »

I sold my 1972 Music Master to fund my purchase of the 1978 Bronco I have now. I like the Bronco better but I wish I had kept the MM as well.

I'm also a fuck up for getting rid of my Competition Mustang reissue and my AV Jazzmaster.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Oh, and I also wish I had kept my Les Paul Studio.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

70's musicmasters didn't have A necks did they? i thought only the stuff from 64-66 had them
dots wrote:incesticide
Ninja Mike 808

Post by Ninja Mike 808 »

Richard wrote:Oh, and I also wish I had kept my Les Paul Studio.
I gots an Epi one, it's dope.

I wish I had my Martin, but I was renting it and stupid.
I wish I had my first Ibanez S series, cause it was my first electric.
I wish I had my first LP, but I was ignorant and stupid. I also felt bad for making my pops pay so much for it.
If you think of god as a pair of pants, a spiritualist thinks he needs pants, in fact he wants pants but none of the conventional types of pants seem to fit just right, so he makes his own pants and is happy that his knees are no longer cold.-fibus
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

robroe wrote:70's musicmasters didn't have A necks did they? i thought only the stuff from 64-66 had them
Yeah It had an "A" neck, that's the main reason I miss it. I think they were much rarer in the 70s but they were there. I think mine was a 76 or 78. Someone in Glasgow must have bought it at some point. Maybe one day I'll be able to track it down again.

I originally got in an a guitar shop in a small villiage in the north of england near Carlisle, it only cost about £150 (in 2002).