pictures of your gear here

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Doog
mid-century modem

Re: pictures of your gear here

Post by Doog »

Hurb wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:22 am
Doog wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:20 am And THAT'S why you get an M13, for ze fx lewp

Or an hx stomp.

I like the way you think.

And the way you work it; no diggity
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Thomas wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:49 pm
Thom wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:44 pm Changed it up to use with the Orange rather than Bassman
I love the look of this. I’d like to build a new board with a minimal(ish) setup now that I’m using real amps again. I always end up buying too many dirt pedals when I’m using a board.
Cheers mate. I’ve been round the houses with dirt, usually with too many but at the moment settled on the ODR for low gain (and mid gain when boosted) and amp drive for the heavier stuff. Eq pedal is new and works a treat for cutting in the band.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Redid both boards:

The Cntl Knob controls delay time on the DD-8 so I can have short and long settings on the fly.

Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

The M13 means that I've had to ditch the picture frame pedal boards and go back to the Diago, which is fine. Still some spare space, I'll probably add another expression pedal above the current one for laffs mostly. Don't really need so much dirt on there, but it's a lot of fun.

Need to rob one of the knobs off a different pedal for the Klon, it's much too pretty a pedal to be left like that. Can't seem to put my hands on my wee screwdriver set though...

Includes my cleverly modded DD-3 that now features a latch mode for the Hold function.
pb1.jpeg
pb1.jpeg (1.73 MiB) Viewed 1403 times
pb2.jpeg
pb2.jpeg (2.39 MiB) Viewed 1403 times
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

very nice!
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

I like it!
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

I've been wavering on the "big pedalboard" business, and considering switching back to a smaller board, especially since I haven't even filled this one yet and I already feel overwhelmed. But in the meantime I'm trialing this setup, bringing back the Eyemaster and June-60 to see if they fare any better with the Iceman rather than Telecaster.
272600007_1105994313525172_4348805606659072005_n.jpg
272600007_1105994313525172_4348805606659072005_n.jpg (458.25 KiB) Viewed 1262 times
Ultimately I think I might end up with two smaller boards, one for Thank and one for Beige Palace.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

that DD3 is looking mighty nice next to its twin!
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Yours is in significantly better condition than mine!

Pretty happy with this setup at practice last night, I seem to be using every pedal at least a couple of times in our current live set. Might stick with this for Thank, and build a second smaller board for Beige Palace.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

How is the Eyemaster? I’ve heard conflicting accounts. I am on the market for a cheap big stinking distortion abs was looking at these last night. Weirdly I almost bought Thom’s June 60 to use with my synths. We could be cheap pedal twins 😂
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

So far I've loved it in a recording context, in a live context it sounds terrible, but sometimes you want things to sound terrible.

For this set there's one song where my guitar needs to sound fizzy and shite, so I'm using it for that. It's also useful for transitions between songs where I turn on almost all my pedals and I just want it to sound like a box of bees.

With my Tele it was just instant piercing feedback. With the Iceman I'm able to control it a little more.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

Freddy V-C wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:13 am Yours is in significantly better condition than mine!

Pretty happy with this setup at practice last night, I seem to be using every pedal at least a couple of times in our current live set. Might stick with this for Thank, and build a second smaller board for Beige Palace.
they're both yours, dude! always were, we just needed to figure out the routing.

dialing in a rig is an art all unto its own, and feels good to know that it's never quite finished.
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

Current Setup:

ImageUntitled by Joey, on Flickr[/img]

I just went through my entire pedal board. I removed my old BOSS V-Wah and added a Holy Grail Reverb at the end of the signal chain. I found this vintage one for a good deal over the Holidays.
ImageUntitled by Joey, on Flickr

I still enjoy all my MadeByMike pedals and my favorite one is the MBM Civil War Big Muff. I love the Russian Muffs and hope to try out the RI Green Muff and OP-AMP Muff in the near future.

I just got my 1979 Fender VibroChamp back from the Amp repair shop. The tubes were falling out so the tech replaced both tube sockets. I want to add another amp soon but still trying to figure out what exactly I want.

J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

that vibro champ is clean AF. nice one.
Gavin
I Beat BBC News

Post by Gavin »

umf. that vibrochamp is hot. also, is that actual altoids for eating or is there some salt boost magic hidden inside?
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

LOVE that Vibrochamp!!

The Holy Grail is a cool addition. I love mine but it does that thing where if it’s on the spring setting and you go above halfway it has a drastic cut in volume. I’m going to see if there’s a mod to correct it.
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

Gavin wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:09 pm umf. that vibrochamp is hot. also, is that actual altoids for eating or is there some salt boost magic hidden inside?
Just Guitar pics LOL!
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

Thomas wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:09 am LOVE that Vibrochamp!!

The Holy Grail is a cool addition. I love mine but it does that thing where if it’s on the spring setting and you go above halfway it has a drastic cut in volume. I’m going to see if there’s a mod to correct it.
I have the Holy Grail as the last pedal in the chain. It was making a terrible noise when I first plugged it into my Pedal Power 2 but I moved to a different port and it stopped. It said it needs 9V 500ma but would run off the EH 100ma plug. I plugged into a 9V port with 200ish MA and the noise was gone. I have not experienced any volume drops but I have heard the pedal does not like being daisy chained.
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

dots wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:24 pm that vibro champ is clean AF. nice one.
Thanks. It's got some nice patina Rust on the amp handle and metal bars but the speaker sounds good.

The tremolo circuit with a good reverb sounds sick.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

taylornutt wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:39 am I have the Holy Grail as the last pedal in the chain. It was making a terrible noise when I first plugged it into my Pedal Power 2 but I moved to a different port and it stopped. It said it needs 9V 500ma but would run off the EH 100ma plug. I plugged into a 9V port with 200ish MA and the noise was gone. I have not experienced any volume drops but I have heard the pedal does not like being daisy chained.
I had mine set before I even turned the pedal on. I later read somewhere about the volume drop so tested it for myself as you often read about “terrible volume drop” and it’s barely noticeable. As soon as I turned it to just under half the volume jump was surprising.

I’m not daisy chaining any pedals. Everything is on a power brick with its own isolated (allegedly) output. Well apart from the DMM and whammy as they have their own weirdo adapters.

Interesting about the 500 vs 200ma, as I have a whine coming from somewhere in my chain. I just assumed it was because the Rat and Holy Grail were different power/connection wise. I think my HG is on a 100ma currently. Maybe it needs a bit more.