pictures of your gear here

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

taylornutt

Re: pictures of your gear here

Post by taylornutt »

Thomas wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:37 am
taylornutt wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:39 am I have the Holy Grail as the last pedal in the chain. It was making a terrible noise when I first plugged it into my Pedal Power 2 but I moved to a different port and it stopped. It said it needs 9V 500ma but would run off the EH 100ma plug. I plugged into a 9V port with 200ish MA and the noise was gone. I have not experienced any volume drops but I have heard the pedal does not like being daisy chained.
I had mine set before I even turned the pedal on. I later read somewhere about the volume drop so tested it for myself as you often read about “terrible volume drop” and it’s barely noticeable. As soon as I turned it to just under half the volume jump was surprising.

I’m not daisy chaining any pedals. Everything is on a power brick with its own isolated (allegedly) output. Well apart from the DMM and whammy as they have their own weirdo adapters.

Interesting about the 500 vs 200ma, as I have a whine coming from somewhere in my chain. I just assumed it was because the Rat and Holy Grail were different power/connection wise. I think my HG is on a 100ma currently. Maybe it needs a bit more.
What's funny is the the EH wall wort is 100ma and it ran fine, but the 100ma for Pedal Power 2 it didn't like. The newer models probably don't have that issue. I will listen for the volume drop when I play it today. Was the volume drop on all Reverb modes or just one in particular?
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Mine is an old one too. The volume drop was on the spring reverb mode (the only mode I use as my Orange amp doesn’t have a built in reverb). I’ll check it in the other modes tomorrow and report back.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

I've made some terrible lifestyle choices but getting Mike to make me Echoflanger/polychorus clone has made up for it!

taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

Hurb wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:09 pm I've made some terrible lifestyle choices but getting Mike to make me Echoflanger/polychorus clone has made up for it!

I have never regretted any of my MadebyMike pedals. They are all still on my board. The Civil War Muff makes me happy.
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

Thom wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:45 pm Redid both boards:

The Cntl Knob controls delay time on the DD-8 so I can have short and long settings on the fly.

I noticed your 1981 pedal. One of the Youtube channels I follow love the 1981 pedals. Expensive but looks like a quality pedal.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Yeah it’s a quality pedal. It’s got the Rat DNA but smoother and a different gain sweep, I’ve basically had it on one of my boards since I got it. I like it equally as a low or high gain drive.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Hurb wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:09 pm I've made some terrible lifestyle choices but getting Mike to make me Echoflanger/polychorus clone has made up for it!

Looks soooooo sick
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Doog wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:07 pm Looks soooooo sick
Cheers, never happy but have some staples now. Thought I would post a signal route as it looks different to what it is.

1. Rocktron - Austin Gold. very light overdrive I am using in place of the compressor/ Eq pedal combo to save some place. Basically boosts and grits up my signal.
2. Line 6 - m9. 3 synths, frequency analyser, ring mod, and the last switch is changeable. I also jam with the looper but as its really in the wrong position I use just short little phrases/stutters under what I am playing.
3. Made By Mike - Echoflanger teh kurtz
4.Digitech - Whammy 5. ....morelolz.
5.EQD - Data corrupter. it does this thing and I probably don't need it
6.Zoom Multistomp. I love this pedal it does everything
7. Holy Island Audio - Angel teeth. based on a dod 250 with other stuff, but I use it in the 250 way mostly.
8. Home Brew Effects - ufo Fuzz. the best fuzz ever. Its huge and I can't find anything I like more. I don't really use the octave side. I bought it in america when visiting shortscale crew...I seem to remember it being in some random room.
9.Montreal Assembly - Your and you're. synth gated fuzz
10. Malekko - Polyamorator. just got this and its so unusual that I am just trying to get to grips with it.
11. EQD - Afterneath. none subtle reverb
12. Xvive - Echoman. memoryman in a little box
13. Digitech - Multi play. Delay / looper /modulation its always listening kinda like an original 16 second delay. So if you press both buttons it loops the last few seconds, you can then add modulation and gets wacky
14. Bananana effects - Mandela. pretty cool stutter effects I should really have two for more fun...but that would be ridiculous wouldn't it?
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

That sounds like a lot of fun mate.
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

Hurb wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:37 pm
Doog wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:07 pm Looks soooooo sick
Cheers, never happy but have some staples now. Thought I would post a signal route as it looks different to what it is.

1. Rocktron - Austin Gold. very light overdrive I am using in place of the compressor/ Eq pedal combo to save some place. Basically boosts and grits up my signal.
2. Line 6 - m9. 3 synths, frequency analyser, ring mod, and the last switch is changeable. I also jam with the looper but as its really in the wrong position I use just short little phrases/stutters under what I am playing.
3. Made By Mike - Echoflanger teh kurtz
4.Digitech - Whammy 5. ....morelolz.
5.EQD - Data corrupter. it does this thing and I probably don't need it
6.Zoom Multistomp. I love this pedal it does everything
7. Holy Island Audio - Angel teeth. based on a dod 250 with other stuff, but I use it in the 250 way mostly.
8. Home Brew Effects - ufo Fuzz. the best fuzz ever. Its huge and I can't find anything I like more. I don't really use the octave side. I bought it in america when visiting shortscale crew...I seem to remember it being in some random room.
9.Montreal Assembly - Your and you're. synth gated fuzz
10. Malekko - Polyamorator. just got this and its so unusual that I am just trying to get to grips with it.
11. EQD - Afterneath. none subtle reverb
12. Xvive - Echoman. memoryman in a little box
13. Digitech - Multi play. Delay / looper /modulation its always listening kinda like an original 16 second delay. So if you press both buttons it loops the last few seconds, you can then add modulation and gets wacky
14. Bananana effects - Mandela. pretty cool stutter effects I should really have two for more fun...but that would be ridiculous wouldn't it?

Looking forward to your review of the EchoFlanger on your channel.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Minor change, Fuzz Face back on.
38917BDC-9DBF-405C-AAC1-35B73E0E1140.jpeg
38917BDC-9DBF-405C-AAC1-35B73E0E1140.jpeg (2.72 MiB) Viewed 1104 times
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

^very clean and organized!
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Thanks!
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Whats the control Knob for?
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

The Cntl Knob controls delay time on the DD-8 so I can have short and long settings on the fly.
I love the idea of these things, instant presets!
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Doog wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:07 am
I love the idea of these things, instant presets!
Ah Amazing I should be able to read by now!
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

unprecedented times, man
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

:lol:

Yeah it's really handy and super easy to configure with the DD-8. You can control multiple knobs at once or just one, really versatile. You just set the knobs on the DD-8 to the max setting you want to control when it's in set up mode, and then as you say, instant presets - very clever.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Happy birthday to me! Parents have just been over for a few drinks and were awesome and got me a Boss FZ-1 as a present. Just plugged it into the board and had 2 minutes messing about. Dialed in a nice fuzz face sound and the best thing is that it doesn’t care about buffers and plays nicely with the wah! Will see what it can actually do over the weekend. Cheers all 🍻
EB86C14E-ECC3-4C1B-BA77-C5F1B4C77F99.jpeg
EB86C14E-ECC3-4C1B-BA77-C5F1B4C77F99.jpeg (2.8 MiB) Viewed 981 times
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

Thom wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:28 pm Happy birthday to me! Parents have just been over for a few drinks and were awesome and got me a Boss FZ-1 as a present. Just plugged it into the board and had 2 minutes messing about. Dialed in a nice fuzz face sound and the best thing is that it doesn’t care about buffers and plays nicely with the wah! Will see what it can actually do over the weekend. Cheers all 🍻
EB86C14E-ECC3-4C1B-BA77-C5F1B4C77F99.jpeg
ummmmm....Strymon....