pictures of your gear here

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

Freddy V-C wrote:I didn't like the idea of spending the best part of £100 on a board only a few inches wider than my previous one, so erm...
► Show Spoiler
daaaaaamn... go big or go home, fred! saw your comment about top mounting power, and with that much real estate, it totally makes sense!

i'm actually considering setting up a small pedal board for quick and dirty, easy travelling. haven't decided what "essentials" i'd want to put on it.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

ekwatts wrote:So, too late for Freddy, but if anyone else fancies an absurdly big metal pedalboard with accompanying bag, then hit me up. £45? Although I won't get around to sending it for like two weeks.
As if, hahaha. I've fucked it here. Could have saved myself £40!
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Slight tweaking of the boards. Heading for a jam with a drummer and a bassist tomorrow for some experimental stuff. This should do it.

Dropped the Dreambox and the OCD/DLS. The Matamp along with the two McPherson dirt pedals (first in chain) is all the dirt I think I'll need for this.

Mooer SkyVerb is there to join the two boards together until I make a longer patch cable or think of something else to place above the wah.

euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

ekwatts wrote: So, too late for Freddy, but if anyone else fancies an absurdly big metal pedalboard with accompanying bag, then hit me up. £45? Although I won't get around to sending it for like two weeks.
Me. Me. Me. Me.
euan
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

Fender Pro Junior detweeded by a different cat.
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Rascal
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

I put this together tonight. Won't have chance to play loud until Thursday, but having had a knock around through a practice amp for 20 minutes I'm feeling pretty thrilled about it!

I did try mounting the power supply on the bottom, because the board is designed with that in mind, but it wasn't working for me.

It doesn't look as bare as I feared it might, and to be honest I'm clumsy enough that having the pedals a couple of inches apart will definitely make my life easier. I kept hitting two pedals at once by mistake on my old board.

I'm not dead set on the layout, and I may end up reordering the signal chain (chorus after dirt, perhaps?), but right now it goes:

Boss DD3 > TC Electronic Sub 'n' Up (replacing my Mooer Pure Octave which shit the bed) > TC Electronic June 60 > TC Electronic Eyemaster > Electro-Harmonix Silencer > Tomsline Black Teeth > Behringer TU300

Also planning to add a second DD3, replace the Black Teeth with a proper RAT (haven't had any problems with it in almost 2 years but it feels flimsy so I don't trust it), and possibly add a Big Muff into the mix. The PWT80 is only designed to power 8 pedals, but I thiiink I could just daisy chain a couple of the less power hungry ones if I needed 9 (can anyone confirm/deny?). I'm also tempted to experiment with the Silencer's effects loop at some point.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Added some dirt back in by way of a Fuzz Factory. I love that pedal.

Think I'm settled on this. There's so many noises to be had out of this set up now.

Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Re: pictures of your gear here

Post by Bacchus »

Yep, liking this very much. Gonnae dump ideas and tonez here.

dub

Post by dub »

I'm always taking photos of knob settings then forgetting I have them.

Also running out of room on the nano+. I do like having only one line of pedals though.

Pedal-Mess.png
Pedal-Mess.png (4.54 MiB) Viewed 1695 times
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

What do you think of the ODR-1, Thom? Funnily enough was looking at them earlier today.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

I only got it this week so it’s early days but I like it a lot so far. It has got a ton of bass and sounds really fat with single coils. Pretty natural response and stacks well. The spectrum control is unusual but not in a bad way. Sounds mega through the bassman, not quite as good through the Marshall.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Changed it up to use with the Orange rather than Bassman

Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Had a change around to get the comp and eq and m9 on. Which means I had to lose much of the crazy pedals I enjoy...but can be a distraction if I am honest.

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Thom wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:44 pm Changed it up to use with the Orange rather than Bassman
I love the look of this. I’d like to build a new board with a minimal(ish) setup now that I’m using real amps again. I always end up buying too many dirt pedals when I’m using a board.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Hurb wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:03 am Had a change around to get the comp and eq and m9 on. Which means I had to lose much of the crazy pedals I enjoy...but can be a distraction if I am honest.
M9 near the start of the chain???
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Bacchus wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:38 am
Hurb wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:03 am Had a change around to get the comp and eq and m9 on. Which means I had to lose much of the crazy pedals I enjoy...but can be a distraction if I am honest.
M9 near the start of the chain???
Yeah man thats how real Gangstas run their M9.

I am using the m9 mainly for the shitty synth sounds that go into fuzz or dirt. I also have the option of running reverbs into dirt which something I favor.

admittedly the looper and some of the delays I would like at the end of the chain...but there are no ideals in this world.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

And THAT'S why you get an M13, for ze fx lewp
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Doog wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:20 am And THAT'S why you get an M13, for ze fx lewp

Or an hx stomp.