pictures of your gear here

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Hell yeah Rhys, good to see you! I have to say I'm pretty intrigued by that Headrush...
Rhysyrhys
The Kraken

Post by Rhysyrhys »

Most useful amp purchase ever, I'm seriously in love with it. Another added benefit is when my Helix is plugged in to my computer it acts as an audio device with the FRFR as a big monitoring speaker, so it makes recording stuff and listening to yourself easy.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I have a lot of time for the stereo-coffee-cup rig there.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

rhys, your gear and jam room setup is brilliant. good to see you, dude!
lorez

Post by lorez »

looks sweet mate
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
NickS

Post by NickS »

Bacchus wrote:I have a lot of time for the stereo-coffee-cup rig there.
But what you realy want is this, the Ember Mug2 smart mug. With wireless charging coaster.
Personal pronouns he/him
Rhysyrhys
The Kraken

Post by Rhysyrhys »

NickS wrote:
Bacchus wrote:I have a lot of time for the stereo-coffee-cup rig there.
But what you realy want is this, the Ember Mug2 smart mug. With wireless charging coaster.
holy shit I want this
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Tweaked my board…again…mainly to put all the most used stuff on the front row but also to put the Phase 90 and SHO back on. Really loving this through the Bassman. The SHO and 1981 are basically always on and the DS-1 runs into the 1981 with the Compadre boost side set as a Tubescreamer into the DS-1. Full path is:
Polytune - Crybaby - SHO - Compadre - DS-1 - 1981 - Phase 90 - Ola - DD-8 - Flint

Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

And updating one means doing the others too lol.
My fx loop board for when I’m running through the Marshall:

My “can’t be bothered to take everything to practice� board:

dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

ha! love the "small/medium/large" approach to setup there.
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

Reordered my board; had my delay pre-modulation, but I’ve been using the looper more lately and want it running post modulation. Put the delay at the end, but want it at the front for quick switching, hence blank space to access the stereo outputs behind it.

Edit - Oh right since this I’ve swapped the Archer and Big Muff, I prefer the OD into Fuzz.
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Looks like a fun board.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Started to reorder my board after selling a bunch of pedals. Not sure where I'm going with it at the moment. This is probably the dirtiest its ever been as I've been going way out of my relative comfort zone with distortions and no fuzzes at all (well, straight up fuzz; I can still get to that territory if I want) but I've found myself with little in the way of ordinary modulation effects. I've been eyeing up the TC Electronic June 60 so long that I might as well wait for the V2 to come out near Christmas.

Brandon W wrote:you elites.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

you've already got a hotone crush, so you know their quality, which i rate pretty good for the price. if you're looking for a decent chorus, their choir suits me fine.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Yeah, I wouldn't mind some more Hotone stuff but only if I can get them super-cheap like the bitcrusher (less than half price from China). I have to admit, it looks and feels absurd when you first get one in your hands. Like, yeah, they're tiny, that's the gimmick, and it's a useful gimmick too, but actually taking it out of the box and holding it made me laugh.

I've also been wondering if I could ever bring myself to simply get a TC Electronic Plethora and get rid of everything else apart from my dirt pedals. I just fucking hate "programming" pedals, though.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

That Behringer Compressor is a steal. Everyone should own one.

Legit makes all my guitar sound better and ain’t all noisy like other comps.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
GreenKnee

Post by GreenKnee »

Usually my board changes weekly, but I have been settled on this setup for a good few months now including a couple of gigs and recording sessions. The TI Boost and Centura are always on for giving a fat boost to my signal, sending any warm tube amp into that nice breakup we all love. Plumes is a mild OD for one step further, Filaments is for the full-on saturated sound but keeps note definition, Hawaiian Pizza is the best fuzz I have ever used (Fuzz Factory tones but easy to get them without piercing any ear drums). I use the squid (JAM Delay Llama Xtreme) for basic delay sounds reminiscent of my old Memory Man and can also pull out some chorus and vibrato tones depending on the preset selected. Twin Reverb supplies the usual reverb, Astral Destiny supplies the spacey weirdness controlled by the OBNE expression slider. The Depths is a nice univibe for adding a bit of colour, but I find myself forgetting to use it quite often. Vox Volume and a JAM wahcko for doing what they do, ditto+ is used mainly for chucking in random samples throughout a set.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

^that looks very classy -- well done!
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

My Mooer Pure Octave has shit the bed (not bad for such a cheap pedal after almost a decade, to be fair) so it's off the board for now. I want to replace that eventually, plus I'm eyeing up a noise gate (I know, selling out) and still hoping to switch the Tomsline Black Teeth for a proper RAT at some point, so I think after ~7 years I'm gonna have to finally accept that I need a bigger board. Currently torn between a Pedaltrain Metro Max and a Pedaltrain Junior Max.

I'm still loving having a DD3 back on my board. The Eyemaster and June-60 have both been great for recording so far, but I still can't quite seem to get to grips with them in a practice room setting.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

ekwatts wrote:Yeah, I wouldn't mind some more Hotone stuff but only if I can get them super-cheap like the bitcrusher (less than half price from China). I have to admit, it looks and feels absurd when you first get one in your hands. Like, yeah, they're tiny, that's the gimmick, and it's a useful gimmick too, but actually taking it out of the box and holding it made me laugh.

I've also been wondering if I could ever bring myself to simply get a TC Electronic Plethora and get rid of everything else apart from my dirt pedals. I just fucking hate "programming" pedals, though.
yes, i do have to admit, it almost felt... embarrassing(?) with it on my board originally, but then i compared it to the tones i heard from pedals twice, four times, or more its size (dano cool cat chorus is like an 18v buick and sounds amazing), i get over it very quickly. i mean, pots for volume, rate, and depth PLUS a deep switch? that combined with the super cool LED built into the top knob (rate)? i hear you on the price -- it's kind of weird paying $85ish for an effect not much bigger than a cigarette lighter. solid little bastard, though.