pictures of your gear here

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

Noirie. wrote:
► Show Spoiler
That Behringer Compressor is a steal. Everyone should own one.

Legit makes all my guitar sound better and ain’t all noisy like other comps.
i should have thought about this. never had a behringer pedal, and the price is always right.

if the donner doesn't end up panning out, i'll ditch it. or maybe i'll pick up a behringer to A/B them. there is still room for a larger pedal to replace the smaller one.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

Freddy V-C wrote:Image

My Mooer Pure Octave has shit the bed (not bad for such a cheap pedal after almost a decade, to be fair) so it's off the board for now. I want to replace that eventually, plus I'm eyeing up a noise gate (I know, selling out) and still hoping to switch the Tomsline Black Teeth for a proper RAT at some point, so I think after ~7 years I'm gonna have to finally accept that I need a bigger board. Currently torn between a Pedaltrain Metro Max and a Pedaltrain Junior Max.

I'm still loving having a DD3 back on my board. The Eyemaster and June-60 have both been great for recording so far, but I still can't quite seem to get to grips with them in a practice room setting.
love the look of the june 60. have you ever used it in stereo mode?

can't recommend pedal train enough, it checks so many boxes.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

I haven't used it in stereo mode! I probably should have tried that by now considering how many amps there are knocking around our practice space, haha.

My current board is a Pedaltrain too, although I think they've discontinued this size, it's a Pedaltrain Mini.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

yep, i recognize the beauty in the utilitarian simplicity of it.

i recommend the JR MAX of the two -- the incline rules.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Freddy V-C wrote:Image

My Mooer Pure Octave has shit the bed (not bad for such a cheap pedal after almost a decade, to be fair) so it's off the board for now. I want to replace that eventually, plus I'm eyeing up a noise gate (I know, selling out) and still hoping to switch the Tomsline Black Teeth for a proper RAT at some point, so I think after ~7 years I'm gonna have to finally accept that I need a bigger board. Currently torn between a Pedaltrain Metro Max and a Pedaltrain Junior Max.

I'm still loving having a DD3 back on my board. The Eyemaster and June-60 have both been great for recording so far, but I still can't quite seem to get to grips with them in a practice room setting.
DD-3 is a classic - sample hold function is so much fun
XY
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

At band practice tonight I finally dialled in a decent tone for a live context with the Eyemaster! It works surprisingly well with the super low output pickups in the Epiphone Les Paul SL.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

It's worth checking the newer TC Electronic range if there's a specific Behringer you've been eyeing up; as far as I'm aware, some of the models are basically identical, just with a metal enclosure and true bypass. So it comes down to whether or not you think that warrants the extra £20 or so.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

The only annoying thing about these new TC Electronic pedals is they have those weird footswitches where the effect doesn't engage until you take your foot off the switch, rather than when you first press it down. Not the worst thing in the world, but it has taken some getting used to.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Freddy V-C wrote:The only annoying thing about these new TC Electronic pedals is they have those weird footswitches where the effect doesn't engage until you take your foot off the switch, rather than when you first press it down. Not the worst thing in the world, but it has taken some getting used to.
But, but, but.... they have the input/output sockets at the top.

I am over side jacks.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

i agree and i don't. yes, it would be great for all pedals to be top loading. or side loading.

but having both on a board requires compromises in areas i'd prefer not to, and most of the standard and compact boxes i see on the market are side loaders. of my 17 pedals, three (if i count the vox footswitch) connect at the top.
NickS

Post by NickS »

My soul band pedalboard layout as it will be used tomorrow... pray for good weather as we're supposed to be on a trailer or something.
soul_pedalboard_210917.JPG
soul_pedalboard_210917.JPG (1.69 MiB) Viewed 329 times
Edit: rehost pic.
Last edited by NickS on Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Personal pronouns he/him
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

edward the compressor!

that's one i'd go back to if i could find one in-state or in-region to snag for under $100.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Freddy V-C wrote: I'm gonna have to finally accept that I need a mini tuner
dezb1 wrote: DD-3 is a classic - sample hold function is so much fun
If the Hold function could go even faster/shorter, it'd be my absolute fave. I might look into modding it or something.

For those of you who hate me and haven't watched my last Octave Up video: stick a 1/4" jack in the DIRECT OUT to kill the dry signal to the main output while the pedal's on; instant glitchy Hold fun at a price that can't be beat.

Good to see the M9 ride again, NickS!
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

I watch your videos just so I can allow my hate to seethe.

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Doog wrote:
:lol:

Point taken. This is gonna sound ridiculous, but I've kept the Behringer tuner on my board for so long because I like the particular way the signal fades back in when you turn it off, that tuner being switched on and off is responsible for the choppy guitar swells on Beige Palace - Don't Stall Your Car.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Freddy V-C wrote:
Doog wrote:
:lol:

Point taken. This is gonna sound ridiculous, but I've kept the Behringer tuner on my board for so long because I like the particular way the signal fades back in when you turn it off, that tuner being switched on and off is responsible for the choppy guitar swells on Beige Palace - Don't Stall Your Car.
Keep it in the pedal drawer for the 25th anniversary tour
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

I didn't like the idea of spending the best part of £100 on a board only a few inches wider than my previous one, so erm...

Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Probably a bad time to share this with you (I only found out a few days ago):

[youtube][/youtube]

nevermind, it's not actually out yet
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

I do like that concept, although I bet it'll be expensive! This one is a Palmer Pedalbay, which worked out about £40 cheaper than the same size Pedaltrain for some reason.

I was hoping it might look slightly less ridiculous once I got some pedals on there, but uh...

Obviously still needs cabling up, plus I've got 3 or 4 more additions planned before we play any shows haha. No public humiliation for me! Also gonna switch from a daisy chain to a proper power brick (TRex Fuel Tank maybe?) which I will probably top-mount. My old massive Gator board (not sure what happened to it) had a power brick mounted underneath and it was just a bit of a pain, so I think I'll stick with top-mounting.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Shiiiiit, I'm up for selling my Palmer pedalboard. It's the 80 model, the biggest one they do. I've not had the chance to take pictures or anything since I'm moving this weekend so everything is either packed or inaccessible, but I've never used it since I prefer the flightcase style of the Thomann PB1000 I bought years back, even though it's a bit smaller, since it also means that my kids currently can't actually get it open to mess with my fucking shit.

So, too late for Freddy, but if anyone else fancies an absurdly big metal pedalboard with accompanying bag, then hit me up. £45? Although I won't get around to sending it for like two weeks.