TULSA SS.ORGERS

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

william

TULSA SS.ORGERS

Post by william »

have a hot tub lying around? want a sweet mex std strat?

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/for/998810978.html

for a really nice hot tub, he'll even throw in that squier amp.

D0 1T!
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

WTF?
How much does a fucking hot tub cost? aren't they like thousands of dollars?

WLTT: sweet handful of magic beans for the right 5 dollar bill.
Last edited by laterallateral on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:05 pm; edited 115,726 times in total
brambleperro

Post by brambleperro »

Not necessarily. I got mine for free off craigslist. I just had to transport it to my house and get the chemicals for it.
william

Post by william »

brambleperro wrote:Not necessarily. I got mine for free off craigslist. I just had to transport it to my house and get the chemicals for it.

dude. free. strat.
brambleperro

Post by brambleperro »

william wrote:
brambleperro wrote:Not necessarily. I got mine for free off craigslist. I just had to transport it to my house and get the chemicals for it.

dude. free. strat.
But I'm in California! Besides, hot tub > Strat

Hot tub < Fender Bassman, however...
william

Post by william »

brambleperro wrote:
william wrote:

dude. free. strat.
But I'm in California! Besides, hot tub > Strat

Hot tub < Fender Bassman...
are you implying that this person's craigslisting is a bad deal?
brambleperro

Post by brambleperro »

william wrote:are you implying that this person's craigslisting is a bad deal?
Oh, no way. That's great if you're into Strats. I'm just not looking for one right now. And I like my hot tub.
william

Post by william »

brambleperro wrote:
william wrote:are you implying that this person's craigslisting is a bad deal?
Oh, no way. That's great if you're into Strats. I'm just not looking for one right now. And I like my hot tub.
nah. its a bad deal, strat lover or no. :P
brambleperro

Post by brambleperro »

Well, that really depends. If he's willing to pick up the hot tub, then it's great. It can be pretty tough to get rid of a hot tub if you don't want it anymore.

In support of my statement, Batman

Thisguy8998

Post by Thisguy8998 »

I have this old hot tub just sitting in my garage and I've been wanting to get rid of it for some time now..... :lol:
william

Post by william »

THE DARK edit-(K)NIGHT SUCKED.

i just saw it last night finally, and they fucked it up. ledger of course was awesome, and the FX (which were almost all nonCG) were great, but almost every other aspect was a failure, especially christian bale's "performance," and everything regarding harvey twoface was all wrong: origins, death, costume design, etc.

just thought id throw that out there, while im thinking about it. im sure im in the minority here, as well as everywhere else.

oh, and yeah, i hadnt thought about that aspect of hot tub ownership before.

fucksake, it took forever to find someone to GIVE a 32" tv away, and then i never did, and its still here. and that fits in your trunk. :shock:
brambleperro

Post by brambleperro »

william wrote:THE DARK edit-(K)NIGHT SUCKED.

i just saw it last night finally, and they fucked it up. ledger of course was awesome, and the FX (which were almost all nonCG) were great, but almost every other aspect was a failure, especially christian bale's "performance," and everything regarding harvey twoface was all wrong: origins, death, costume design, etc.

just thought id throw that out there, while im thinking about it. im sure im in the minority here, as well as everywhere else.

fucksake, it took forever to find someone to GIVE a 32" tv away, and then i never did, and its still here. and that fits in your trunk. :shock:
I'm sorry to hear that. I liked it a whole lot. Even if they didn't do Harvey Dent the "right" way, I think Aaron Eckhart did a great job with his character. I didn't like that they
► Show Spoiler
but it was necessary to the story, and made for a pretty strong lead up to the next film in the series.
Haze

Post by Haze »

ah fuck
i live in tulsa
i have a hottub
OF FUCK DO WANT STRATS
william

Post by william »

brambleperro wrote:
william wrote:THE DARK edit-(K)NIGHT SUCKED.

I'm sorry to hear that. I liked it a whole lot. Even if they didn't do Harvey Dent the "right" way, I think Aaron Eckhart did a great job with his character. I didn't like that they
► Show Spoiler
but it was necessary to the story, and made for a pretty strong lead up to the next film in the series.
REGARDING THE DARK KNIGHT MOVIE FILM:
► Show Spoiler
haze, the strat is yours for the taking. any special features with your tub? there may be a nifty squier practice amp in the cards!
brambleperro

Post by brambleperro »

william wrote:REGARDING THE DARK KNIGHT MOVIE FILM:
► Show Spoiler
haze, the strat is yours for the taking. any special features with your tub? there may be a nifty squier practice amp in the cards!
I get what you're saying here, but this is a closed universe that they've created. I like it when they experiment with characters and try to branch out try different things with them. I mean, Batman and the Joker certainly don't behave exactly in a way that's in line with their original characters. The whole series has been a different approach to things. Also, I try not to let the visual effects decide what I think of a character. Sure it was ridiculous, but it was a movie. It's no more ridiculous than many other things that went on throughout the film.
► Show Spoiler
I think they were planning to have more of the Joker in the next one, but we all know what happened there.

Anyways, I'm not trying to argue with you, just letting you know how I feel about it.

AND HAZE: Figure out if he'll take your tub! That sounds like a great deal if you don't need it any more.
MutantParty

Post by MutantParty »

FUCK THAT. you need both a hot-tub and the mediocre strat set-up to have ULTIMATE PARTY. there's no half steppin.
william

Post by william »

brambleperro wrote:
william wrote:REGARDING THE DARK KNIGHT MOVIE FILM:
► Show Spoiler
I get what you're saying here, but this is a closed universe that they've created. I like it when they experiment with characters and try to branch out try different things with them. I mean, Batman and the Joker certainly don't behave exactly in a way that's in line with their original characters. The whole series has been a different approach to things. Also, I try not to let the visual effects decide what I think of a character. Sure it was ridiculous, but it was a movie. It's no more ridiculous than many other things that went on throughout the film.
► Show Spoiler
I think they were planning to have more of the Joker in the next one, but we all know what happened there.

Anyways, I'm not trying to argue with you, just letting you know how I feel about it.

AND HAZE: Figure out if he'll take your tub! That sounds like a great deal if you don't need it any more.
i see your point(s).

it is a new universe, which i can appreciate, but then on the other hand, im like "who the fuck are you?!"
► Show Spoiler
if they do have the joker, the ONLY way it could work is to get johnny depp. i couldnt not think of depp when i was watching ledgers performance, and i think he could do the part justice, if anyone can.

thats not speaking of the "ethics" involved, im sure alot of people see it as "ledger's character" that should be followed upon.

this just brings me back to thinking that Nolan should be directing OG movies, if he is going to be rewriting such critical parts anyway. it makes it seem like he picked batman for the money, not for any reverence for the pre existing material.
brambleperro

Post by brambleperro »

william wrote:i see your point(s).

it is a new universe, which i can appreciate, but then on the other hand, im like "who the fuck are you?!"
► Show Spoiler
if they do have the joker, the ONLY way it could work is to get johnny depp. i couldnt not think of depp when i was watching ledgers performance, and i think he could do the part justice, if anyone can.

thats not speaking of the "ethics" involved, im sure alot of people see it as "ledger's character" that should be followed upon.

this just brings me back to thinking that Nolan should be directing OG movies, if he is going to be rewriting such critical parts anyway. it makes it seem like he picked batman for the money, not for any reverence for the pre existing material.
Ha, you and I could probably go back and forth on this for days. I agree completely with most of what you're saying here, and anything else is some very helpful insight, though I disagree with casting Johnny Depp as another Joker. He's a good actor, but I feel like he'd turn it into "just another Depp role," you know? What I liked about Ledger was how different his performance was from anything he'd ever done before. Anyways, we'll probably have to agree to disagree on this one.

I'm looking forward to whatever they end up doing. Even if it's something I don't agree with "ethically" or because it's unbelievable, it's a lot more fun to just sit back and enjoy the ride than get hung up on that sort of thing.

Haha, this has been fun. I haven't had a internet discussion in a while. I'm looking forward to derailing many future threads with you.
william

Post by william »

cheers, BP!

thinking further on it, probably they should leave the joker be, although he isnt dead, just locked up, so you never know what they'll do.

despite my reservations about giving this one a "thumbs up" (or at least definitely not the emphatic "three thumbs up" that the public at large has given it), im still enthusiastic about the next films and batman in general.

i'm hoping that the next film continues the trend we're seeing, and that it is the gritty, moving, disturbing and satisfying film that this film just almost was for me. as i see it, it will take:

christian bale getting a stern talking to about how he is acting both wayne and batman, especially batman's voice. wtf.

not going cheesy at all with FX. they were doing such a good job until twoface. i think just having him look like a severe burn victim would have been much more powerful than looking like the mummy 2, and would have fit the aesthetic of the movie to a T (i e the joker had fairly realistic makeup/scars. they didnt make his face look like it was actually white, big fake CG smile, etc.)

a satsfying villain that isnt joker, twoface, the riddler... AND FOR FUCK SAKE not: mr freeze, catwoman, poison ivy, bane, that mud guy...

the black mask would be great, and i like that actor. maybe they can de cheesify twoface somehow, because id like to see more of him.

anyhow, thanks for putting up with me long enough to have some sort of satisfying discussion over it. youve inspired me to review the movie one last time before i send it back to netflix. this time ill try and just let go and get into it more, now that the shock of the disappointing aspects has worn off.