For lefties with 10,000 dollars waiting to be spent.

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Ty

For lefties with 10,000 dollars waiting to be spent.

Post by Ty »

This is ridiculously clean and I'm sure the listing is total bs.
Link
vincel

Post by vincel »

That decal looks odd. On lefties, don't they usually omit the model name and just have the Fender logo?
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

No. That is just Fender Japan.
Ty

Post by Ty »

It's always bugged me, because on ones from 65-68(guessing cause I've only seen 68'is)had the whole thing, and then from 69 after it was just Fender, but on the RI's it's always just Fender, so I think it has to do with the date of production.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Just "fender" on the stock is sooo ftw though. Love that look. It may be as simple as "fender" being in the right place, but there's a sort of clean and classy feel to it as well IMO. Probably just a brain fart from seeing something other than the norm.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Sven

Post by Sven »

paul_ wrote:Just "fender" on the stock is sooo ftw though. Love that look. It may be as simple as "fender" being in the right place, but there's a sort of clean and classy feel to it as well IMO. Probably just a brain fart from seeing something other than the norm.
+1, I like it.
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

euan wrote:No. That is just Fender Japan.

with diy headstock label. agreed.

i'm not an expert at this, at all, but the upper horn's supposed to be a bit more chubby if it's not a japanese RI? just a thought, but i think this seller is just trying to make some easy money from ignorant lefties.. maybe i'm too suspicious
Last edited by kim on Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ty

Post by Ty »

I think fender japan could at least put the "contoured body" decal on the headstock as well. But what are you gonna do about it?
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

i kind of like that they kept it so sober with just 'fender' on there

mine has a panda sticker on it though lol on my MIA p bass it bothers me the 'fender' spaghetti logo is underneath the string because 'precision bass' is in front of it, it looks stupid
Ty

Post by Ty »

Yeah, it is classy. Also having the whole logo on stangs is kind of annoying to me. But a panda? That sounds amazing.
bassintom

Post by bassintom »

Ha $12.48 shipping on $10k stang