Sniped a Sniper and won a Graffiti Yellow Fender Cyclone

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister

Sniped a Sniper and won a Graffiti Yellow Fender Cyclone

Post by westtexasred »

I don't know why but this is one of the first guitars that I had wanted when my interest in guitars was reawakened in 2004: a Fender Cyclone in Graffitti Yellow. I don't remember what they sold for then,maybe $499 at MF? Anyway,I never got around to buying one and then they were gone.Replaced by the Cyclone II.

Well over the next five years I would look for one on ebay but most I saw were Candy Apple Red or Black or Sunburst,every other color but Graffitti Yellow. Then this past week I while searching Ebay for some of the guitars on my "want list" I saw this Cyclone and it was being auctioned by a store 10 miles from my house.

Now,just a couple of days before I saw this ad,I had bought one guitar(a J.Mascis Jazzmaster) and made a commitment to a friend to purchase another(1956 Fender Duo-Sonic).So I said to my self "do you really need to spend another $300+ on this guitar?" The more I tried to convince myself that I did not need it,and that I should save the money for the other guitar that I hadn't even paid for yet,the more futile It became.

As I watched the minutes till the close of this auction tick down I decided to go for.I made a decision to use Esnipe as it is very effective for getting your bid in before the auction closes without leaving time for another bidder to react.So I open the Esnipe page, put in my bid and get a message saying "Auction closes in 1:55 minutes,Bids must be placed at least 2 minutes before an auction closes".

Oh crap!Now what.I just had to watch the seconds tick away. I put my bid amount in the "bid amount" box and rested my finger lightly on the mouse and prepared for the final countdown ...steady...steady...10-9-8-7- I click the mouse and get "are you sure?"Click!..."Congratulations your are the highest Bidder,but...Click! Congratulations you won this item!"

After the dust had settled and I had caught my breath I looked at the bid history and saw that another sniper had put in a bid a 6 seconds before the auction closed.He probably used Esnipe.My bid was placed at the very last second of the auction!Wow!
Now I know how those Navy Seals who took out the 3 pirates must have felt.

Anyway I was so excited I drove right over to Willies American Guitars to claim my prize.I gotta tell you this guitar is even better than I thought it would be.Man I love the Atomic Humbucker and the Tex-Mex singlecoil pickup in the neck.But most of all I love the color Graffitti Yellow FTW!

laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

This trully is the hot
Grafitti yellow makes me taste banana freezies in my mind.
Last edited by laterallateral on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:05 pm; edited 115,726 times in total
Gavin
I Beat BBC News

Post by Gavin »

MaMo

Post by MaMo »

I too, must give kudos to the atomic humbucker. I had fully expected that it would need replacing considering the fairly low cost of the 'clone but it left me pleasantly surprised.
scandoslav wrote:i heard these are wank when it comes to metal
RUN AMOK!.
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

Post by endsjustifymeans »

Well... I love it.

Take that as you will.
dots wrote:society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
JamesSmann

Post by JamesSmann »

I swear you must sell drugs or murder people or murder drugs and sell people, because you have a new guitar every two days!
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

CUZ I'M THE

SNIPER YOU SNIPED FUCKING BASTAGE

i was hoping i'd lose honestly, like i don't have enough irons in the firez.
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
westtexasred

Post by westtexasred »

St. Jimmy wrote:I swear you must sell drugs or murder people or murder drugs and sell people, because you have a new guitar every two days!
Yeh,I has a problem:I buy guitars, then I see other guitars that I want so I have to sell the guitars I have to get the guitars I want.It's a sickness really.But right now I am in a rebuild phase and I am focusing more on Fender Shortscale guitars

westtexasred

Post by westtexasred »

hotrodperlmutter wrote:CUZ I'M THE

SNIPER YOU SNIPED FUCKING BASTAGE

i was hoping i'd lose honestly, like i don't have enough irons in the firez.
Holy Shit!For real?Sorry man.I didn't think it would go down like that. Well anyway it looked like it worked out good for both of us.
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

Nice dude! I've always liked the cyclones too. I almost bought a candy apple red one back in the day but it sounded exactly like my strat that I put a seymour duncan distortion humbucker in, so I decided against it. I started playing guitar right around the time that the cyclones and toronadoes came out and I loved those guitars, but have never gotten around to buying one. I'll probably at least buy a toronado one of these days.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Wow! Nice guitar. When i read that it was yellow at the start of your post i thought it sounded horrible but that’s a cool looking guitar.
XY
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

Post by endsjustifymeans »

I was going to say, "Needs green pearl."

But just the thought of it made my head hurt.

Ouch...

Happened again.
dots wrote:society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Gavin wrote:Image
ROLF. I truly lold'd at that. However, i do love it myself. Nice score dude.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

westtexasred wrote:Holy Shit!For real?Sorry man.I didn't think it would go down like that. Well anyway it looked like it worked out good for both of us.
don't you worry your pretty little head. i DIDN'T need it. i promise. i have somewhat of an addiction to guitars. ESPECIALLY FEDNERs BONARZ

FENDER IS LIKE A STRANGE VAGINA WHEN I'M DRUNK; I CLICK PAYPALZ, I SAYS AW WHY YOU DO THIS?
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

Hopefully you didn't drive each other's price up. I hold my cards to the chest too, but it's always nice to send out a flare.

That's some serious YELLOW! Nice.

I have the rebuilding sickness. I guess it's because broken guitars need saving and seem like a bargain.
Yell Like Hell
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

DGNR8 wrote:Hopefully you didn't drive each other's price up. I hold my cards to the chest too, but it's always nice to send out a flare.

That's some serious YELLOW! Nice.

I have the rebuilding sickness. I guess it's because broken guitars need saving and seem like a bargain.
i would've said something, but no one had even bid for like 5 days. i almost did, but then just forgot to type it up. i'd actually forgotten that i was watching until i got a page on my phone: SHIT IS ENDING SOON SON BEST DO YA BIDDIN LUV EBAYNGZ

let me know how it plays you savage
sp3k

Post by sp3k »

beautiful guitar, just don't like the pickguard. How much was it? there's one in europe, i think i'll try to and win it, but i think i will need to get a credit card or something to pay for it....
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

sp3k wrote:beautiful guitar, just don't like the pickguard. How much was it? there's one in europe, i think i'll try to and win it, but i think i will need to get a credit card or something to pay for it....
one word DO FUCKING NOT. save. you will kick yourself in the ass. save or sell something. credit cards should be for shit you can afford now. sorry, but i have fucked myself real hard and deep this way.
sp3k

Post by sp3k »

hotrodperlmutter wrote:
sp3k wrote:beautiful guitar, just don't like the pickguard. How much was it? there's one in europe, i think i'll try to and win it, but i think i will need to get a credit card or something to pay for it....
one word DO FUCKING NOT. save. you will kick yourself in the ass. save or sell something. credit cards should be for shit you can afford now. sorry, but i have fucked myself real hard and deep this way.
:? you'r probably right, i just want a guitar with tremolo so much and don't have the courage to sell my tele custom...
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

sp3k wrote:
hotrodperlmutter wrote:
:? you'r probably right, i just want a guitar with tremolo so much and don't have the courage to sell my tele custom...
just wait. just keep saving. you will find something when you have the dough. there are plenty of good things to get into debt purchasing, houses, cars, groceries, essentials... guitars are luxuries, and if i could re-do anything, it would be that i hated guitars and also hated spending money. but i can't, so i'm fuxored with like 8 guitars, hella amps, and credit card debt.

good luck, you will find your tremolo dream guitar. just wait until you can afford it.