Line 6 UX 2

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

Johno

Line 6 UX 2

Post by Johno »

Just picked one of these up at lunchtime, looks pretty good, comes bundled with Ableton lite 7, Pod Farm, Reason & Riff Works..... so thats a weekend of fun & head scratching sorted.

Any of you guys use these have any tips?
MikeG

Post by MikeG »

I bought one a couple of months back. I really like some of the amp models and pedals. As to be expected, takes a while to tweak things to get decent results. Identifying how to change the 'speaker cabinet' function is tricky, but makes a huge difference to the tones!

Not had much luck with Ableton yet. I think I've got too many programs running in the background, that causes the signal to 'pop' every 7 seconds or so.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

MikeG wrote:Not had much luck with Ableton yet. I think I've got too many programs running in the background, that causes the signal to 'pop' every 7 seconds or so.
it'll do that if you've got too much strain on your processor. you can freeze tracks once you're done tweaking them (although they can be unfrozen at any time) and it'll help a fair bit.
MikeG

Post by MikeG »

Cheers Stewart!

The PodFarm has some nice acoustic presets too.
omari

Post by omari »

MikeG wrote:Not had much luck with Ableton yet. I think I've got too many programs running in the background, that causes the signal to 'pop' every 7 seconds or so.
increase the latency in the sound card settings, that should get rid of the pops.
Will
Up on his Whore Lore

Post by Will »

I have the older Toneport and Gearbox - works real good. Ableton is fine, but I prefer Adobe Audition for editing.

The only thing you have to be careful of is recording too much bass. All the models seem to have way too much dialed in stock, so you have to pull it back with the parametric more than you'd think. You just have to trust your ears and not pay attention to where the dials are.
MikeG

Post by MikeG »

The Vox imitation sounds like it's playing through soup.