new headphones

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

new headphones

Post by Hurb »

i broke my decent headphones a wile ago and have been useing some wireless pieces of shite to record with for this compilation and i cant hear shit.. so i spend my last pennys on some new ones.

i bought the behringer hps3000's as thats all i could afford :cry:

they seem ok sound wise and are comfy anuff..only downfall is they dont seem too strong but i will be carefull with them.

so now tell me how i could of better spend my 15 quid lol
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

sennheiser hd201 = ?15

tho to be fair, ive never tried the behringer ones so i cant compare, but i like the sennheiser a lot for the price, im only saying it cos you said to say how you couldve better spent it not cos i think you wasted your cash

tho in geekland, you get more kudos for having sennheiser written on a plastic strip on your head than you do for behringer
Shabba.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

bob wrote:Image

sennheiser hd201 = ?15

tho to be fair, ive never tried the behringer ones so i cant compare, but i like the sennheiser a lot for the price, im only saying it cos you said to say how you couldve better spent it not cos i think you wasted your cash

tho in geekland, you get more kudos for having sennheiser written on a plastic strip on your head than you do for behringer
no your right i should of posted this before i bought them lol but i always end up doing the stupid thing :lol:
when i have money i will be spending some big money on some decent studio headphones.

but these will have to do for now.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

hows the cans on those bob? the behringer ones are pritty good closed ones, and dont a lot of outside noise in.
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

those sennheiser arent exactly studio quality or anything, id just guess they were a tiny bit better than the behringher.

though saying that, the higher range sennheiser headphones are well worth the money if you want pro quality. these ones are cool and cost about ?80

Shabba.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

bob wrote:those sennheiser arent exactly studio quality or anything, id just guess they were a tiny bit better than the behringher.

though saying that, the higher range sennheiser headphones are well worth the money if you want pro quality. these ones are cool and cost about ?80

i wont be useing these to mix in or anything i just needed summit decent anuff at cutting outside noise when iam recording so i can hear what iam playing to.
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

are the behringers closed back?
Shabba.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

bob wrote:are the behringers closed back?
closed back meaning..like surounding you hole ear :? then yes

i suck at knowing stuff :P
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

open back means they have some holes in them, so you can hear a bit of background noise (sometimes a good thing) and you can wear them for longer periods without fatigue.

closed back feel tighter to your head and the foam almost feels like its making a tiny vacuum when you wear them because of thelack of air holes. they block out more background noise, but they bring on fatigue quicker so you cant work for as long periods

sounds like you want closed back, but its usually not so black and white, and open backs still generally block a fair bit of background noise
Shabba.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

bob wrote:open back means they have some holes in them, so you can hear a bit of background noise (sometimes a good thing) and you can wear them for longer periods without fatigue.

closed back feel tighter to your head and the foam almost feels like its making a tiny vacuum when you wear them because of thelack of air holes. they block out more background noise, but they bring on fatigue quicker so you cant work for as long periods

sounds like you want closed back, but its usually not so black and white, and open backs still generally block a fair bit of background noise
i cant see any holes so they may be closed back.
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

it was actually quite hard to do a google search and get any more info than "super transparent highs", but judging from the picture id say you were right
Shabba.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

bob wrote:it was actually quite hard to do a google search and get any more info than "super transparent highs", but judging from the picture id say you were right
actually lookin at the next in the line headphones they mention that they are closed back so maybe mine are not i dunno lol
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

if you search for "behringer hps3000 open" you get...
The HPS3000 open backed headphones sound great and are an affordable solution.
but a search for "behringer hps3000 closed" gives....
Behringer Headphones HPS5000 - Closed Type High Performance Studio Headphones
im guessing theyre not fully closed, but mostly
Shabba.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

haha possibly. cheers for the help dude
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

actually i just thought, by 'closed ear' they just mean they cover your ear rather than anything to do with being closed in the more usual sense. id still say they arent fully open though.
Shabba.
Aug
Best Poster 2010

Post by Aug »

?15 to spend on headphones is crap. You really should concider saving up and getting proper headphones. My AudioTechnicas are amazing...and I gave about ?32 or so...
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Aug wrote:?15 to spend on headphones is crap. You really should concider saving up and getting proper headphones. My AudioTechnicas are amazing...and I gave about ?32 or so...
i needed em quickly, they will certainly do for now. my last headphones i had cost around 100 beans.

for 15 quid there dope tho.
Aug
Best Poster 2010

Post by Aug »

I understand that...start saving now for a proper set, use the cheapos for now, and later, the cheap headphones can be a backup set or something...
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Aug wrote:I understand that...start saving now for a proper set, use the cheapos for now, and later, the cheap headphones can be a backup set or something...
indeed.

you doin a tune for the compilation dude?