How low do you sling your guitar?

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

Post by endsjustifymeans »

knpknpknp wrote:
serfx wrote:i rock a low side sling
tele

Man, now I will have Anti Flag in my head for at least the rest of the day.

I play probably just a little lower than McCartney height but not by a whole lot. It depends on the guitar though. I like being able to reach as much as I can. Not that I am really a proficient guitarist by any means.
What exactly about this photo says Anti-Flag out of curiosity?
dots wrote:society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
xShifty

Post by xShifty »

endsjustifymeans wrote:
What exactly about this photo says Anti-Flag out of curiosity?
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

cultural divide I guess... when I see it i think woody guthrie.

Saw Anti-Flag play at a unitarian church in towson with i-farm, remember being stunned in the mid 2000's when I heard them on the radio. Talk about rags to riches.
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
NickS

Post by NickS »

knpknpknp

Post by knpknpknp »

endsjustifymeans wrote:cultural divide I guess... when I see it i think woody guthrie.

Saw Anti-Flag play at a unitarian church in towson with i-farm, remember being stunned in the mid 2000's when I heard them on the radio. Talk about rags to riches.
Really? I've never heard them on the radio. Then again, I remember they did have a pretty successful cd after underground network. I just kinda stopped listening to them by that point. My punk listening habits have died down a fair amount since mid highschool, however there are still a couple bands that make it into the player every few months.

That said, my work day is now revolving around youtubing old Anti-Flag songs.
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

They went huuuuuuuuuuge man. I was in vegas visiting my cousin once and they were headlining at the House of Blues. Unitarian church show to the fucking house of blues... makes me wish MakeWay had been a pop-punk band.
jumbledupthinking

Post by jumbledupthinking »

About this low seems to work for me...too much higher or lower just isn't comfortable for the way I play guitar. I have the strap much higher for playing bass funnily enough.
Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

Freddy V-C wrote:Image

This high, apparently. Although I think I have it a bit higher than that now, it's around nipple-height. Makes our gigs look a bit lacklustre but this was the only photo I could find when you can clearly see how high it is...
this

i used to wear mine low, but i find much more comfort having it up high for some reason.
cobascis

Post by cobascis »

heroindog

Post by heroindog »

cobascis wrote:Image
this low

i have really long arms so its as high as i don't feel awkward holding it

usually borderline between my beer gut sitting on the top horn and not.
a couple of inches lower if im playing bass