free drumloops

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

kim
[='±'=]

free drumloops

Post by kim »

i get betamonkey loops off torrent sites, they're cool, i like the rock, pop and metal packs though they're limited but copy pasting gets you a long way and the single hit samples are cool.

but....for certain rythms it's seriously lacking. especially genres like really slow sludge type drums, swingy stuff and surf type drums (beta monkey bluesy loops only have the loops with hi hat no rides or toms at all).

getting a kit and recording material and space is too exspensive...where can you find some non standard genre/rythm/tempo type drumloops for free ?

free playing on a drumcomputer with pads can do it, but the samples in it are a bit lacking in natural sounding drums.
for punk stuff the beta monkey samples are great, when i put 2 30 on the myspace people asked who played the drums since we haven't had a drummer in ages but it was just loops i copy pasted and tried to make it sound not like standard loops.
but that's for punk, i realised when recording my version of link's 'rumble' and some other surf and electric wizard tune i just had to accept that i'd need to program everything on different tracks piece by piece, it's nerve wrecking.

also, i'm using garageband, the loops from artytorrent (though thye are shit) take on the tempo of the setting in garageband nomatter the original tempo, but the beta monkey loops don't do this, which is also limiting.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

just found this site: http://www.looperman.com

you have to register but they have a bunch of free downloads. you might have to dig a bit to find what you want. I found a bunch of vintage drum machine sample libraries though.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

also, you might find this useful. with the Apple Loops Utility developer kit you can make apple loops.

ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/Developme ... _1.3.1.dmg
1,2,3, Pull Out!

Post by 1,2,3, Pull Out! »

Awesome! thanks Mages!
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

retarded amount of free samples: http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/sam ... ads-217833

stuff from a variety of different genres, mostly electronic, but not all. some loops there too.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

well, I had to update this because I just found the motherload. samples of pretty much every vintage drum machine here: http://warbeats.com/Community/Forums/aft/57
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

:shock: