shadey $$$ or legit re-stamping

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

shadey $$$ or legit re-stamping

Post by robroe »

i got this idea.

why cant we just get a big fucking metal stamp "F" in the fender font and make up some fucking neckplates with dated numbers at the top?

cant be that hard right? just get a big fuckin sludge hammer and blank fender plates for 6.99 from where ever.

these things are going for like 250.00 a piece on ebay.

if Aug is willing to buy a fake decal for 20 bucks, you could sell fake plates for 20 at least. right?

I know I for one would love a 70's F stamped (with a serial # on it) for my bronco. but i sure ain't paying more than 30 bucks.
dots wrote:incesticide
n_strow
I know you are but what am I?

Post by n_strow »

I fuckin' know where to fuckin' get one for 12 fuckin' pounds already.
iCEByTes wrote:put a Melon in your head and big paper talking your fellings about them and start run naked over streets .... screaming like a fag you they
NickD

Post by NickD »

n_strow wrote:I fuckin' know where to fuckin' get one for 12 fuckin' pounds already.
Fuckin' where, I fuckin' need one!
n_strow
I know you are but what am I?

Post by n_strow »

Fuckin' axesRus.com It's in about the bottom quarter of the page. Free delivery!
iCEByTes wrote:put a Melon in your head and big paper talking your fellings about them and start run naked over streets .... screaming like a fag you they
NickD

Post by NickD »

Thanks
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

They go for 250 bucks on t'Bay because they're old, not because they're some plate with an F stamped on it.

It's like saying "hey we should build a 52 Les Paul and make a ton of money!"
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
handen

Post by handen »

hey we should build a 52 Les Paul and make a ton of money!
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

I think I have seen companies that will stamp them for you. I imagine your local trophy shop might. Then just scratch the shit out of it. It isn't fraud if you are just doing it on your own guitar. It completes the look.

Then just drink heavily for a few years and maybe you're not so clear on which ones you fixed or didn't. As time goes by, maybe you and Hillary hit a few rough patches. Times get hard in the northeast. The old steel mill shuts down. Maybe the sports bar that used to let you play now wants to get a cheap Japanese auto-disk changer. So you sell one or two of those old short sissy guitars you used to like so bad. Have you really added to or changed the value of the guitar or Fender's reputation? Can a man still have dignity after losing the things he loves?

We all know that the real steel neck plate is buried at the bottom of Lake Superior, or in Saudi Arabia, or under Aug's bed in a big tattered suitcase.
Yell Like Hell