ONE shortscale to rule them all...

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

One shortscale to rule them all?

Jaguar
47%
Mustang
29%
Duo-Sonic
6%
Bronco
4%
Musicmaster
3%
Jagmaster/Toronado/similar
No votes
Super-Sonic
5%
Jag-Stang
3%
Other
3%
SLOAN!!!
No votes

Total votes: 102
Haze

ONE shortscale to rule them all...

Post by Haze »

If you had to own ONE shortscale to rule them all what would it be?
Jaguar for its versatility?
Mustang for massive indie cred?
Bronco for pure rock power?

WHAT IT BE?

I'd have to go with the Jaguar. Love the weight and size of the body and the switching options are immense if you get creative. Stock they give plenty of tones to choose from all with a few switches.
Richard

Post by Richard »

I assume we're discussing all stock guitars?

If stock, definitely the Jaguar for the reasons you've already mentioned. Especially the size and weight.

If mods are allowed probably still a Jag but I did really love my Surf Green modded Bronco with AVRI Jag pickups.

I still had to vote SLOAN.
skip wrote:satan rules
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

mustang. it has the small body feel of a strat but the shortscale playability of a gibson. the switching options are among the best of all the fender guitars.* you don't even need to use a bar with the trem!

* the strat with the 5-way switch is similarly useful to the mustang switching options. but when the mustang came out the strat only had a 3-way switch. so for a short while the mustang was actually better.
Last edited by Mages on Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

Fuck I voted jaguar but a mustang body with a contour, thin neck and some ballsy pickups is teh win.
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
TheBurbz

Post by TheBurbz »

My head said Jaguar but my heart said Mustang. I went with Mustang.
Are you a Wizard?
SKC Willie
Bunk Ass Fuck

Post by SKC Willie »

I voted Mustang because I own one . . .

In reality, I own a Mustang that wishes it were a Jaguar. I probably should have voted Jag.
twitter.com/skcwillie

follow me . . . . you won't
lorez

Post by lorez »

mustang if i'm honest, I loved the neck on the one i had
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

Mustang - soley based on playing my 65 stang which I'd temporarily put together before the refinish.... oh yeah I must get on with that!! A-width neck for the win.

That being said Mike's vintage Jag was a revelation too - it felt pretty much perfect in every way. Actually perfect.
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

DUO SONIC FUCKING II
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

I'm lucky enough to have both a Mustang and a Jaguar, but the Jaguar probably just about edges it for me and that edging is probably just in a teensy tiny bit on the looks department.

I love both of them so much though, so much that I'm not sure which one I'm going to play until it comes to dragging a case out from under the bed. I have no predisposition to either.

Great guitars.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

if i'm in the house i'll automatically pick up the jag, and i've been using it at rehearsals a lot, but i'd still say the duo sonic is a nicer guitar. light as a feather, sounds beastin', never goes out of tune, and the neck feels as smooth as a baby giraffe's. the frets are starting to get properly worn down on it, sometimes it sounds like i'm playing slide on it, they're so tiny! i dread the day when i have to get it refretted, i'm terrified it'll feel horrible to play and my mojo will suffer badly as a result.
benecol

Post by benecol »

Always the Jag - have loved the Mustangs and Duo's I've played, but the Jag is just the absolute business. And it's the most beautiful guitar you can get.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

benecol wrote:And it's the most beautiful guitar you can get.
True. Dat. (any excuse)
benecol

Post by benecol »

benecol wrote:And it's the most beautiful guitar you can get (apart from the sunbursts).
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

benecol wrote:Always the Jag - have loved the Mustangs and Duo's I've played, but the Jag is just the absolute business. And it's the most beautiful guitar you can get.
This is the truth.
Mustangs have always felt a little too thin in the body for me, though the necks are great. Jags just look the business and feel right.
Having said that my favourite guitar is probably still my Jag-Stang...go figure.
kypdurron

Post by kypdurron »

stewart wrote:DUO SONIC FUCKING II
yep. If I had to choose only one, it'd be ultimately a hardtail. I sold my Mustang and kept the Duo. But in the meantime, I missed a Mustang several times that mucho that I even tried to trade the Duo for one :shock:
weeping_moon

Re: ONE shortscale to rule them all...

Post by weeping_moon »

Haze wrote:If you had to own ONE shortscale to rule them all what would it be?
Jaguar for its versatility?
Mustang for massive indie cred?
Bronco for pure rock power?

WHAT IT BE?

I'd have to go with the Jaguar. Love the weight and size of the body and the switching options are immense if you get creative. Stock they give plenty of tones to choose from all with a few switches.
I have to say The Fender Mustang!
jagsonic

Post by jagsonic »

I love them all. But if i only could own one - i would NEVER part with my jagstang! 8)
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Difficult question. I've owned at least one of most of the Short Scales at some point or other.
The 70s Musicmasters i had were ace, but modified, Mustang and Jag-Stang necks are the best for me and the light small bodies are liberating on stage. Loved my Toronado as well.

But i have to go with the Jaguar. For me personally it is responsible for quite a lot, it lead me to a lot of new music, an whole new world on the internet, inspired me to carry on playing at low points and has always been the object of desire concerning gear.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

i haven't played hardly any of my other guitars since i bought my avri fiesta red jaguar.

you can make the thing sound HUGE one second, flip a switch and make it sound like a tin can.

its perfect