Crop Failure (my band) Recording Photo Journal

Plug your music, photography, graphics, shows of any kind or other creative works.

Moderated By: mods

brandon.

Crop Failure (my band) Recording Photo Journal

Post by brandon. »

Hi there,
I play drums in a band called Crop Failure (old recordings here. ). We're a bit like Fugazi and a bit on the heavy side. We Decided to record some songs at a studio and here are some pictures from yesterday and today/tonight. We're recording tomorrow too, so I'll update this some more then.

I added a whole bunch of pictures from photobucket. If they're too big or too many, let me know and I'll adjust the mess.
Thanks for reading!
► Show Spoiler
Simon

Post by Simon »

Looks like a great space to record in. I'd be interested to hear the results. It's the type of space I'd love to spend like a week in, just trying out various setups and trying to get some cool sounds from the room. I love anything like that...

We've used those coppertone mic's before. We've got a few tracks recorded where we've used it for vocals. Would be interesting to hear what it sounds like on a Bass drum.
brandon.

Post by brandon. »

The copper mic was interesting on the bass drum, but not for our band. I think it would be cool for bass guitar or even just guitar. We ended up using it on vocals and mixing it with a ribbon mic.

The space was an incredible room. We tried to take advantage of it with the vocals, we got some nice room-y sounds from it.
This through a blues jr. was a real gem:

serfx
ss.o bastard son

Post by serfx »

i dig the tracks man
stoked to hear the new stuff
Al_

Post by Al_ »

Very cool. There's a dude over at TapeOp (Scodiddly) that sells kits to make your own coppertone mics out of a piece of copper pipe. Pretty cool. There was a thread by someone who did a build on it as well that was entertaining.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

yeah, aren't the coppertone mics made by one of the guys in polyphonic spree? he makes them out of old telephone receiver parts or something? I think that would make them carbon type mics.
brandon.

Post by brandon. »

We've got some songs back. We put two on our myspace. They're roughly mixed and not mastered.
Let me know what you think!

http://www.myspace.com/cropfailureCrop Failure Myspace
Doug

Post by Doug »

brandon. wrote:We've got some songs back. We put two on our myspace. They're roughly mixed and not mastered.
Let me know what you think!

http://www.myspace.com/cropfailureCrop Failure Myspace
Hey these guys, Crop Failure, are good.

Don't mean to jump right into the comparison mode, guys, sorry, but they do remind me a bit of the Berkeley band, Primus.
Doug