Gibson Les Paul 50's Tribute now with humbuckers!

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister

Gibson Les Paul 50's Tribute now with humbuckers!

Post by westtexasred »

But...only sold by Thomann in Germany? (LINK)

"Classic '50s Style, Feel and Tone, Packaged for the 21st Century

Released midway through 2010, the Les Paul Studio '50s Tribute Humbucker packed the stripped-down appeal of the long-running Studio line in a great '50s-themed model with P-90 pickups that was a major hit with players everywhere, and sold out quickly as a result. Now the Les Paul Studio '50s Tribute Humbucker from Gibson USA captures the same popular look and feel, updated with the PAF-style humbucking pickups that hit the Les Paul model later that decade. Being introduced first at Thomann, this is sure to be one of the most desirable formats introduced to the Les Paul Studio series since its inception in 1983. Available in three great played-in looking grain-textured satin nitrocellulose finishes—in Worn Gold, Worn Honey Burst, and Worn Ebony—the Les Paul Studio '50s Tribute Humbucker marries the features of the legendary original Les Paul Standard to the no-nonsense styling of the Studio range, sparing elements like body and fingerboard binding and inlaid logo, to bring you significant savings, and has an extremely broad appeal as a result"

THEGREATJONZINI

Post by THEGREATJONZINI »

Goldtop Want!

heard pickups are naff though......?
gaybear
Inventor of the Blues

Post by gaybear »

ugh on 'worn' finishes, but otherwise pretty spiffy
plopswagon wrote: Drunk and disorderly conduct is the cradle of democracy.
pumpkin
on the road to bantown

Post by pumpkin »

http://www.thomann.de/ie/gibson_les_pau ... ld_top.htm

€699 for a new USA made Gibson Les Paul? That's getting bought come pay day on Thursday. Great find mate.
JJLipton

Post by JJLipton »

the gibson 498t,490r are meh, gibson seems to put them in everything. They sound good in some guitars but in my les paul they were pretty muddy. Theyre really good for a "boston" style tone though
pumpkin
on the road to bantown

Post by pumpkin »

JJLipton wrote:the gibson 498t,490r are meh, gibson seems to put them in everything. They sound good in some guitars but in my les paul they were pretty muddy. Theyre really good for a "boston" style tone though
They'd probably come out and I'd put in some Bare Knuckles and do a Peter Green wiring job.
24HRS2MDNT

Post by 24HRS2MDNT »

I really like my 60s reissue with P90s. Gibson made a great affordable guitar which I really enjoy. I am happy to see that they are continuing this trend.
Last edited by 24HRS2MDNT on Sun May 29, 2011 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God damn it! Its a Zombie Apocalypse. Do I have a baseball bat nearby?
StevePirates

Post by StevePirates »

JJLipton wrote:the gibson 498t,490r are meh, gibson seems to put them in everything. They sound good in some guitars but in my les paul they were pretty muddy. Theyre really good for a "boston" style tone though
I replaced the ones in my LP for a P94 and an SD Invader