ekwatts
A series of tubes

lulwut

Post by ekwatts »

Brandon W wrote:you elites.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Of course not, and it hasn't sold for that - it's just what this lawyer hopes he can get for it from some other mug.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

if i paid that for a compressor pedal i'd want Blow Jobs For Ever along with it.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

If I ever spend £750 on anything, it will not be labelled with FUCKING TIPP-EX

(or FUCKING WITE-OUT, for our American friends)

What a joooooooooooke.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

He's also selling a Black Crowes record for £60.

This man is a mentaller.
AaronGuitarDude

Post by AaronGuitarDude »

probably he meant 76 quid. he auctioned it wrongly
shae
teh koolsie

Post by shae »

5000SEK for one new.

That's $722USD + shipping from Sweden... :lol: :lol: :lol:

750gbp isn't that bad considering the KOT sells regularly for $400-450 and they're $220 new... People are krezy. The guys a joke tho... very unhelpful, condescending as fuck and even though they have two great circuits I'd still never go that route unless it was used. Dealing with people like that takes a lot of patience/valium/etc.
daphne blew krew
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

shae wrote:considering the KOT sells regularly for $400-450 and they're $220 new...
Using the fact people pay silly money for two modded Marshall Bluesbreakers is not really frame of reference I would subscribe to.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

I just bagged a Marshall Ed compressor off eBay just shy of £19, including P&P. I'm worried it won't be as good as this £750 compressor. What am I to do? I need that booteek tone that only a £750 compressor can give me.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Apply mojo tipp-ex liberally and you'll be alright.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

everyone needs to realise that you can only get that really special TONE from spending lots of money. TONE is an art; do you think leonardo da vinci would have settled for a £19 compressor? of course not. he'd have known that great compressors really make your TONE come to life. a £750 compressor pedal can make your guitar sing so sweetly it'd bring a tear to the eye of the most hardened quantity surveyor. that's why you need this. what will your friends say when they see you shambling along with your cheap compressor? they'll laugh at you behind your back. is that what you want? is that what your TONE wants?
George

Post by George »

Well, he sold one smaller BJFE pedal for $700 so someone is buying this shit. Check his feedback - shit sells.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Honestly, I can see how this works, but my problem with it is that I always add an extra step onto the two-step get-rich-quick list;

1. Find an idiot.
2. Sell him bullshit.
3. I'm not a cunt.

It sort of kills the whole thing for me.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

stewart wrote:everyone needs to realise that you can only get that really special TONE from spending lots of money. TONE is an art; do you think leonardo da vinci would have settled for a £19 compressor? of course not. he'd have known that great compressors really make your TONE come to life. a £750 compressor pedal can make your guitar sing so sweetly it'd bring a tear to the eye of the most hardened quantity surveyor. that's why you need this. what will your friends say when they see you shambling along with your cheap compressor? they'll laugh at you behind your back. is that what you want? is that what your TONE wants?
Gawd bless you, Mr Allan.
71Smallbox

Post by 71Smallbox »

ekwatts wrote:1. Be a total Cunt
2. Find an idiot.
3. Sell him bullshit.
fixed!
Lots of guys like this on Ebay, selling things at outrageous prices. Klon anyone?
jumbledupthinking

Post by jumbledupthinking »

I fear we may be neglecting vital steps in the process:

1). take pics of these boxes of raw, unadulterated (tippex-decalled) TONE affixed to your unnecessarily expensive pedalboard
2). upload them to the gear page
3). be a snooty wanker about it if anyone questions the purpose of said boxes
4). Reiterate that these boxes have TONE FOR DAYS ad infinitum - give it the "I've had mine for 4 weeks now, following a 20 year wait-list and suitability interview from the builder....where's yours?" kind of schtick.
5). Wait for the box to appear on the pedalboards of other financially-care-free tone hounds who also have at least 17 custom shop closet classic strats that they won't take out of the house.
6). Throw the other 9 that you bought onto ebay to sell at an exorbitant level of profit

The only consolation is that only other knobbers buy them and all of the profits go on more snake-oil :lol:
71Smallbox

Post by 71Smallbox »

jumbledupthinking wrote:I fear we may be neglecting vital steps in the process:

1). take pics of these boxes of raw, unadulterated (tippex-decalled) TONE affixed to your unnecessarily expensive pedalboard
2). upload them to the gear page
3). be a snooty wanker about it if anyone questions the purpose of said boxes
4). Reiterate that these boxes have TONE FOR DAYS ad infinitum - give it the "I've had mine for 4 weeks now, following a 20 year wait-list and suitability interview from the builder....where's yours?" kind of schtick.
5). Wait for the box to appear on the pedalboards of other financially-care-free tone hounds who also have at least 17 custom shop closet classic strats that they won't take out of the house.
6). Throw the other 9 that you bought onto ebay to sell at an exorbitant level of profit

The only consolation is that only other knobbers buy them and all of the profits go on more snake-oil :lol:
Perfect!