Subway Jag-stang

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

jcyphe

Subway Jag-stang

Post by jcyphe »

Didn't this guy used to be on the sitcom Roseanne.

taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

Leonard Hofstader from the Big Bang Theory (Same actor from Roseanne)

J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

So it is him?
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

no, it's some hipster doppelganger.

the chick that was his gf on roseanne (the younger daughter) was on the BBT last night where they're at the physics jam.
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

why does that look like a strat neck with a 60's strat headstock and a bullet truss rod?

what are the specs on this guitar? i love the color.

EDIT: it's called the Fat Dawg's Custom Stangulator
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

they have some sweet ass guitars on that site (the truck has a rickenbacker emblem on the door!)

'41 00-17 for $1700!

i hate that they call everything a "jizzblaster."

this is awesome

Pens
less dickface

Post by Pens »

Fuck that place.

The owner is a burnout hippie. He advertises a million guitars he doesn't actually have. He supposedly had a ton of lefty guitars, I was on a trip out to San Fran and so made the trip over to Berkeley to check it out, it's a tiny shack with a bunch of crap just tossed about everywhere, and he left me in the store completely unattended to go get lunch, saying if I wanted to buy something to just throw the money behind the counter. He also could not keep a conversation for nothin.

I was really pissed when I left there.
euan wrote: I'm running in monoscope right now. I can't read multiple dimensions of meta right now
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

you should have lifted something. it might have left you a little less bitter.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Pens wrote:Fuck that place.

The owner is a burnout hippie. He advertises a million guitars he doesn't actually have. He supposedly had a ton of lefty guitars, I was on a trip out to San Fran and so made the trip over to Berkeley to check it out, it's a tiny shack with a bunch of crap just tossed about everywhere, and he left me in the store completely unattended to go get lunch, saying if I wanted to buy something to just throw the money behind the counter. He also could not keep a conversation for nothin.

A lot of people have hit or miss interactions with this place. I've bought stuff off him ages ago(over the net) and it was fine.
Pens
less dickface

Post by Pens »

jcyphe wrote:
Pens wrote:Fuck that place.

A lot of people have hit or miss interactions with this place. I've bought stuff off him ages ago(over the net) and it was fine.
I was mostly pissed that his shop at the time said it had a ton of lefty guitars, then I showed up and he had a lefty classical acoustic and that was it. I then asked him about making me one and he just kept spacing out in middle of it and then going off on a completely unrelated topic.
euan wrote: I'm running in monoscope right now. I can't read multiple dimensions of meta right now
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

I was looking at buying a baritone from him a while back, and got the mega heebie-jeebies after dealing with him online. No way not ever never.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

FAKE BECKY ALERT !!!!

dots wrote:incesticide
Joey

Post by Joey »

Why did they do the fake Becky?

You can see Roseann sister in the BBT episodes also. Loves the John Goodman, he's a kickass dad.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

The original Becky took a break from acting to go to school, so they just wrote her out of the show by having her elope at first, but then re-cast her with Sarah Chalke and had her sporadically appear. When the original Becky wanted to come back they were switching them up every other episode and making little jokes about it in the dialogue like "after our daughter got married we barely recognized her."
Also in the season where they took turns, the opening credit sequence that features all the characters morphing from young--->old around the dinner table showed Becky unconvincingly morphing between the two actresses.
In an episode that pretends to glimpse into the future, John Goodman portrays an adult version of D.J. who has suffered a mental breakdown. He repeatedly mutters "They say she's the same, but she isn't the same." At the end of the episode, a montage sequence of the two actresses playing Becky reveals the meaning of D.J.'s mantra.
The eighth season premiere concludes with Goranson and Chalke dancing as if they were each other's reflection in a black-and-white parody of the closing credits from the television series The Patty Duke Show, a series in which actress Patty Duke plays two identical cousins. The song to which the two Beckys dance, "Nearly Identical Beckys", is set to the tune of the theme music from The Patty Duke Show'. At the end of the segment, William Schallert, who plays Patty's father on the series, appears with Dan. This parody was excised from the DVDs.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Joey

Post by Joey »

The final shows were horrible. They win the lotto. Jackie is dating a prince. Dan isn't around (coz he's dead). Then it's revealed everything is a lie. Dan died years ago, the sisters were dating each other boyfriend in reality. And Roseann was a writer who just made up all the shit over the years.

Roseann, always did Halloween justice... love everyone of em
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

ha ha, i love that this thread is about roseanne now.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Isn't that second Becky from Scrubs?

Rosanne really was a good show when it started, it seemed really genuine and then it got outlandish.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

jcyphe wrote:Isn't that second Becky from Scrubs?
Yep, probably a bigger claim to fame for her than Becky #2 by now.

This is the best Roseanne thread we've ever had, hands down.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Joey

Post by Joey »

guitar ---> fuckin hippies ---> Fat Chicks ---> 300 ---> only at the SS
Last edited by Joey on Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
KPI

Post by KPI »

THIS IS NOT SHORT SCALE!!!!

THIS. IS. SPARTAAAAAAAA!!!