Yamaha SG-2

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

61fury

Yamaha SG-2

Post by 61fury »

Email Kurt at Ronco tell him you want this Image

I really want one. I emailed him. He said he responds to customer requests, thanks, Jack
westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister

Re: Yamaha SG-2

Post by westtexasred »

61fury wrote:Email Kurt at Ronco tell him you want this Image

I really want one. I emailed him. He said he responds to customer requests, thanks, Jack
Haha,nice! But I think you mean Rondo. Ron Popeil owns Ronco

SKC Willie
Bunk Ass Fuck

Post by SKC Willie »

they don't really listen to customer feedback; otherwise, they wouldn't keep putting those crappy crooked ferrules that keeps you from replacing the bridge on their teles.
twitter.com/skcwillie

follow me . . . . you won't
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

That's the SG 3. SG 2 had two singles and the pickguard is cut different. Both are probably my all time favourite looking guitars. Want a Link Wray red one

iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.
deaner33

Re: Yamaha SG-2

Post by deaner33 »

61fury wrote:Email Kurt at Ronco tell him you want this Image

Damn, that's hot!
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

portugalwillie wrote:they don't really listen to customer feedback; otherwise, they wouldn't keep putting those crappy crooked ferrules that keeps you from replacing the bridge on their teles.
+1

although dowels/mud/paint could fix that pretty quick, like.
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

rad ass. how have i missed this shit.
BoringPostcards

Post by BoringPostcards »

I love those guitars so much. I wish they were still in production.
Det er mig der holder træerne sammen
61fury

Post by 61fury »

Right, RonDo I thought it was claimed the crooked ferrules were a customer request.
SKC Willie
Bunk Ass Fuck

Post by SKC Willie »

it they were a customer request, they've had 10x the response to get rid of them.
twitter.com/skcwillie

61fury

Post by 61fury »

There are a couple of guitars they claim to be customer request on their site. Mainly, if they're so willing to make mis shapen things, why not make something of some quality?
SKC Willie
Bunk Ass Fuck

Post by SKC Willie »

I'm guessing that they were guitars that had planned already but when a customer said, "hey, you should make this!" and it was actually what they were already going to produce, they tagged it, "customer request"

it can't hurt to try but you have to understand you're asking a small company to roll out a guitar completely unlike any of their current and pretty big line. I wish someone would wake a half-decent starblaster copy. that would be sicccccck.
twitter.com/skcwillie

ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

From what I've heard Rondo guitars are pretty good quality. Just with quirks.

As a "cheap" guitar manufacturer they are restricted by hardware somewhat. It's nice to think that as they can provide a Les Paul with a Floyd Rose or a Jaguar baritone that they could just go and turn out an exact copy of this guitar, but it doesn't work like that. It also probably won't sell very well. Guitarists are a conservative bunch, even young'uns who like to be all CRAZY AND WACKY within the confines of what their friends won't immediately laugh at. Turning up to college with a Danelectro while the Ibanez 7-string craze was in full swing was enough to elicit jeers, and that's what you're up against.

So it works on a sliding scale between two points: On one end you have a "standard" set up, either three single coils and a Fender-style trem/two humbuckers and stop tail on a body of some description, or a "standard" body such as a Les Paul, Stratocaster, Telecaster or SG shape. You could put the strat setup on the Tele or Les Paul body, for instance. Or the two humbuckers and a stop tail on, hey! A Jaguar maybe!? But once you go "off-script", such as putting two singles in a moulded surround + another at the neck on a body that only slightly resembles an established shape, then you're pretty much guaranteed not to sell. It would be like Taylor Swift going heavy metal (or finding some credibility somewhere). Some people might be all "WOAH AWESOME CHA CHING" etc but the vast majority will be all "Gay".
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Also, copyright. Yamaha haven't exactly faded into the background. They would be straight on that shit with a clawhammer to the face, even over a design they haven't made in any serious quantity for years.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
Pacafeliz

Post by Pacafeliz »

i used to own an sg-2 (yes that's an sg-3 in the pic) and i still have the sb-2 bass version.
amazing all over.
my name is Pat.
MattK

Post by MattK »

eyo