Animoog for iPhone has arrived, $0.99 for a limited time...

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

avj
A Select Individual

Animoog for iPhone has arrived, $0.99 for a limited time...

Post by avj »

Animoog for iPhone
Animoog, powered by Moog’s new Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE), is the first professional polyphonic synthesizer designed for the iPad and iPhone 4. ASE allows you to dynamically move through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create a constantly evolving and expressive soundscape.

Animoog captures the vast sonic vocabulary of Moog synthesizers and applies it to the modern touch surface paradigm, enabling you to quickly sculpt incredibly fluid and dynamic sounds that live, breathe, and evolve as you play them.

Visually captivating and sonically immersive, Animoog brings iPad and iPhone based music production to the next level. Whether you are new to synthesis or a professional, Animoog’s unique user interface gives you the power to easily create a visually vibrant and sonically rich universe. It is the ultimate tool for total creative expression!

Animoog’s diverse library of timbres is derived from analog waveforms captured from classic Moog oscillators, both vintage and modern, and run through a boutique’s worth of high-end outboard and analog signal processors. These include modular synth panels, Moogerfooger pedals and more.

- Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE) - An exciting new Moog technology that allows the user to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create an expressive and constantly evolving soundscape.

- Timbre page – Assemble unique sounds in the X/Y space from timbres of a wide variety of vintage and modern Moog synthesizers and pedals Note: this is NOT simple sample playback.

- Polyphonic Modulation - Simply slide your fingers to control multiple modulation parameters in Animoog right from the keys.

- Polyphonic Pitch Shifting - Easily manipulate the exact pitch of each note in a chord by rotating or sliding your fingers.

- Delay Module - A classic analog style ping pong delay.

- Thick Module - From bit crushing to unison voice detuning and drive, this module adds depth, edge and character to Animoog’s already massive sound palette.

- Moog Filter - The classic four-pole Moog ladder filter with High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass modes.

- Record Module - Record your performance and overdub new layers, or play along live. Transfer recordings between Animoog and any other apps that support Copy/Paste

- Path Module - Direct ASE through Animoog’s X/Y space to create new expressive and shifting sounds that will blow your mind!

- Orbit Module - Control the rate of orbit in the X/Y space around the path you created for subtle to insane voice manipulation.

- Flexible Modulation Matrix - Amp, Filter and Mod Envelopes, LFO with infinitely variable wave shapes and sync, and four super flexible and assignable modulation slots.

- MIDI in/out - Use your Little Phatty or any other MIDI controller to control Animoog.
When Animoog was released for iPad (also for $0.99), it was on my birthday and ended up being the reason I bought an iPad immediately. I tried the iPhone version for a few hours on Wednesday, and while it's equally great, I find the interface incredibly restricting when compared to the iPad version; I'm obviously biased in this regard. All features seem intact, and it sounds just as great.

If you're even vaguely interested in this sort of thing, it's a no-brainer at $0.99 USD.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

bet this doesn't work on my shady old 3G :(
avj
A Select Individual

Post by avj »

Nopers. Get them contacts off there and dump that dinosaur, bubs.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

contacts are done. should have a slightly less shit 3GS soon. welcome to 2009!
lorez

Post by lorez »

Got it on the iPad and love it
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
Berto

Post by Berto »

its superb. i bought it just because it was on sale but now ive realized how awesome it actually is from messing around with it
IroniaSudby wrote:I just 4chan'd a little.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

iPhone 4 minimum or else I'd have bought it for $10 by now.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

I bought the ipad app too when it was only 99 cents because I plan on getting an ipad eventually. I'm downloading this now, so I can get a taste of it at least. I did get the Moog Filtatron app that was also on sale for 99 cents at the same time and I've had some fun with it, but the animoog app was what I was most interested in.
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

Just bought it and have been playing with it for the last 20 minutes or so but I'm addicted. This app is amazing.
avj
A Select Individual

Post by avj »

Billy3000 wrote:Just bought it and have been playing with it for the last 20 minutes or so but I'm addicted. This app is amazing.
If you love the iPhone version, you're going to flip your shit when you experience it on an iPad. Check some YouTube demos of the iPad version for some spoilers.
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

I don't know what it does but at 69p I jumped on it. Going to have a play now. Thanks for the tip off.
obscure pop culture reference
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

I don't know what it does but at 69p I jumped on it. Going to have a play now. Thanks for the tip off.
obscure pop culture reference
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

avj wrote:
Billy3000 wrote:Just bought it and have been playing with it for the last 20 minutes or so but I'm addicted. This app is amazing.
If you love the iPhone version, you're going to flip your shit when you experience it on an iPad. Check some YouTube demos of the iPad version for some spoilers.
I was so excited about it that I showed it to my brother since I was up in NC for christmas weekend. He loved it and immediately bought it for full price on his ipad. So I got to play around with the full ipad version for a bit and it was indeed even better! I can't wait til I can afford an ipad one day.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Can't go wrong for 69p, thanks for the tip :)
So far reaching, never lose that feeling
SurfGreenGibby

Post by SurfGreenGibby »

Bought it, love it. Talk about a MINImoog!

Heh heh...heh...hmmmm
ploppy

Post by ploppy »

Fairplay , its pretty awesome!