Google Sketchup for Studio Design

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

Sloan
Sexy Predator

Google Sketchup for Studio Design

Post by Sloan »

I've been wanting to use Sketchup for quite some time now and finally got to it last night. I want to rearrange everything here in the SloanZone Studio to improve my monitoring and workflow. Here is a screen shot, just thought it was interesting and very useful.

I haven't put all the piles of junk and misc shizzle in yet, so it looks really neat. :|
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

Wow, looks like a good setup. Is that in your home or a rented space?
Al_

Post by Al_ »

I tried using it a bit when I was designing the layout for my control room; and a studio building website I was frequenting used that as the default program. I couldn't get very good results; but I was able to upload my file to the site and one of the zen design masters redid it for me. It's on my home computer. I can try and upload the image later if I remember. Cool program though if you're savy with that kind of stuff.
avj
A Select Individual

Post by avj »

Awesome, awesome work. SketchUp is incredible for this kind of thing.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

singlepickup24 wrote:Wow, looks like a good setup. Is that in your home or a rented space?
this is a room at my mom's house, where i live. the room was an addition years ago so it sticks out from the rest of the house and has another small room in between the rest of the house as well, which helps keep most loud stuff out of there. it sucks being 27 and living with mom, but hell there's no other way i would be able to use a room like this otherwise. sketchup makes it look better than it is - there is a pile of pa equipment that takes up a lot of space; also mic stands and cables running all over.

I also want to point out that there are a ton of things you can download and add, like the drumset, chair, yamaha monitors, computer keyboard/monitor, the couch - all that is stuff someone else made and shared. you can also share anything you make. I made the RIFFBRINGER amp and might share it. Everything is to scale, so the amp is the same size as my crate cab and b-52 head, that other speaker cab by the amp is my peavey bass cab. you can get as accurate as you want, but I keep it simple for speed purposes.
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

Hell, I'm 32 and sometimes wish I still lived at my mom's house. I might have a record done by now. Am jealous of your cool setup, regardless of how accurate the sketchup (ketchup?) is. I am a would-be recording junkie who has never had proper space to get the job done right.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

RIFFBRINGER

also: get that bitch on the kit, why is she standing around like a twat
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

so i've spent the last two days moving shit around, there is a ton of stuff in here that is not SKETCHED UP. the whole point was to get my monitors away from the wall and i have noticed a huge difference and i think i like they way it's sounding better. i'm now far enough away for the bass to develop, there was a lack of bass near the wall, and over there i always had trouble in the 100-200hz range, will see what's up here.